- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 69445
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Officials investigate two seperate fatal snowmobile accidents
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Man pleads guilty to meth lab charge
- Bangor's Winterfest set for Saturday
- AARP Maine hosting On Tap events for seniors
- Missing Delaware woman found after crash
- Everything is free at The Storehouse
- Mistrial declared in man's murder trial
- Graduation gown flap at Foxcroft Academy
- Jurors could see pay increase
- Life, Liberty, & Levin - Sunday, February 17
- The Next Revolution - Sunday, February 17
- Steve Says: Taking on the 'Never-Trumpers'
- Denny Hamlin wins Daytona 500 after string of dramatic wrecks
- Daytona 500 sees massive crash started by Paul Menard
- Fox News Sunday - Sunday, February 17
- Media Buzz - Sunday, February 17
- Journal Editorial Report - Sunday, February 17
- More than 1,500 attend vigil for Aurora shooting victims
- 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund is running out of money as claims surge
- 6 illegal immigrants linked to Mexican cartel arrested in NC for drug trafficking operation, officials say
- Darrell Waltrip and Mike Joy give a preview of the Daytona 500
- South Korean tanker Stellar Daisy found on ocean floor 2 years after it sank, explorers say
- New Yorkers fleeing to Florida need to leave their terrible blue state policies behind as well
- North Macedonia police find 22 migrants trying Balkans route
- Dog reunited with owner after 8 month, 175-mile journey
- Cory Booker 'withholding' judgment on Smollett case after calling it 'attempted modern-day lynching'
- Nicaragua: New talks explored but opposition sets conditions
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel
- Oklahoma City's Diallo leaps over Shaq to win dunk contest
- Kaepernick wants to play in NFL, his lawyer eyes the New England Patriots
- Canadian youth hockey team forfeits remainder of season over indigenous dancing video
- Peanuts, Cracker Jack won’t be sold at Connecticut Double-A baseball stadium, club says
- Matt Kuchar apologizes, will pay $50G to caddie after being accused of being a cheapskate
- NBA's Stephen Curry says he regrets daughter's viral appearance at 2015 news conference
- Matt Kuchar defends paying caddie $5G after winning millions in tournament: ‘You can’t make everybody happy’
- World Athletics denies new ruling will label athletes like Olympian Caster Semenya as 'biologically male'
- Olympics official forced to apologize after comments on Japanese superstar swimmer
- Brooklyn Nets' Spencer Dinwiddie wearing his own brand of sneakers on basketball court
- Steve Kerr goes on epic meltdown after Warriors' Draymond Green receives controversial flagrant foul