- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 74586
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day 2019
- Husson students hold eco-friendly craft fair
- Bill would implement automatic voter registration
- Lobstermen accused of tampering with gear
- Former lawmaker sentenced for stealing
- Early morning fire destroys Bangor home
- Oakland man pleads guilty to a 12-year-old pharmacy robbery
- Emera withdraws rate hike request
- Layoffs coming to Athena's Belfast site
- Maine Parkinson Society has new home
- Bill would expand tax exemptions for veterans
- Lawmakers working to reform DHHS
- Man sentenced for sex offender registry violation
- Former nursing home worker guilty of violating privacy
- Work to affect Wednesday, Thursday traffic
- Ammonia leak in Chicago suburb sends 37 to hospitals, including firefighters, law enforcement responders
- Netflix could lose ‘The Office,’ ‘Friends,’ report says, leaving fans outraged
- Omarosa predicts Trump will create 'chaos' to distract press amid congressional subpoenas
- Powwow plans focus on missing, murdered Native women
- DA: Man ran prostitution ring out of parents' basement
- Ex-officer who killed 911 caller describes ambush training
- Rare rhino conceived by artificial insemination born at Florida zoo
- American father had to choose which of his two children to rescue in Sri Lanka bombing
- The Latest: Ex-officer testifies on ambush training
- House committees launch probe into DHS shakeup, as White House blocks Miller testimony
- Is Samsung's Galaxy Fold already a flop?
- 'Karate Kid' star William Zabka had to be removed from Disneyland after he was surrounded by fans
- Jim Carrey mocks Trump supporters, compares POTUS to cult leader Jim Jones in scathing new painting
- Small plane crash lands on top of Idaho tree, pilot rescued
- The Latest: Official: 21 missing after Venezuelan boat sinks
- Arkansas sues 3 drug distributors over opioid crisis
- Meghan Markle’s wedding dress designer explains why royal's 'modern' gown was 'right for her'
- Ball pits are crawling with disease-causing germs that can make your kids sick, study suggests
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Chicago Cubs outfielder Rick Monday recalls day in 1976 when he saved American flag from protesters
- Kelly Stafford, wife of Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford, back in hospital after brain surgery
- Carolina's 'Bunch of Jerks' end Caps' Cup reign, storm into 2nd-round showdown with Islanders
- Clippers cut Warriors’ lead to 3-2; Rockets advance
- Canadian hockey fan unknowingly blocks final moments of playoff game shown to U.S. viewers
- Magic Johnson reportedly resigned from Lakers after being copied on emails about bad job performance
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill, fiancee won't face charges following abuse investigation
- NCAA denies eligibility waiver for Virginia Tech transfer who is helping ailing mom
- Donovan McNabb appears to double down on Carson Wentz criticism
- Top NFL Draft picks have been mostly successful over the last decade -- a brief look at their careers
- NBA star Russell Westbrook was most difficult athlete to deal with, journalist says
- Boston Bruins star David Pastrnak takes shot at Justin Bieber after win over Toronto Maple Leafs