- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 63091
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Millinocket artisan craft fair is a big hit
- Farm house total loss after fire
- Massachusetts man arrested after police chase
- Journal of murdered woman must be turned over
- What's next for ranked-choice voting
- Grand jury indicts Bucksport, Ellsworth residents on meth charges
- Husson students celebrate computer science
- Latest transportation tech showcased at annual conference
- Best tasting water in Maine
- Alleged drug dealer, man accused of assaulting family indicted
- Corinth drug raid leads to 2 arrests
- Old Town fire leaves 14 people homeless
- Gift donations needed for more than 700 area kids
- Property developers respond to concerns from Bar Harbor residents
- Mourners gather at Maine home of former President George H.W. Bush
- Glidden Auto Body founder turns 96
- Who else could depart the White House by the end of 2018?
- Huawei executive's arrest will not hinder trade talks with China, Kudlow says
- 'SNL' sketch asks what would happen if Donald Trump was black
- Hezbollah tunnel dug from Lebanon is latest found by Israel
- Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge: Trump was right to withdraw from Iran deal
- 3 Sonic Drive-In employees arrested after ecstasy pill found in kid’s meal, police say
- Yemen peace talks in Sweden focus on prisoner swap deal
- Nick Cannon calls out Sarah Silverman, Chelsea Handler, Amy Schumer for old homophobic tweets
- ‘Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?’ quiz spurs apology from Florida high school
- Mom cancels baby shower after family ridicules name choice: ‘He will not be allowed to have a nickname’
- Want to help a veteran suffering from PTSD? Here’s how
- Trump campaign finance violation would 'certainly' be impeachable offense, top Dem says
- Paris braces for the possibility of more violence
- Heisman winner Kyle Murray’s past homophobic tweets resurface
- Kanye West surprises crowd at tribute event for late rapper XXXTentacion
- McDonald’s customer nearly run over after chasing man who stole her purse inside restaurant
- US airstrike outside Somalia's capital kills 4 al-Shabab
- River Plate, Boca Juniors set for Copa Libertadores final
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- American figure skater falls head first after partner loses his grip
- Ex-NFL star linebacker Isiah Robertson killed in car crash in Texas
- MLB players killed in Venezuela crash may have been robbery targets, authorities say
- Lance Armstrong slams Alex Rodriguez, complains about PED use 'double standard'
- Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo's deaths may have been criminal act, reports say
- Former MLB players Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo killed in car crash in Venezuela
- Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine for post-TD donation to Salvation Army
- Washington Redskins QB Alex Smith suffering from complications after surgery on broken leg, reports say
- Kareem Hunt incident: Cleveland police launch probe into how NFL obtained assault report
- Reuben Foster's accuser says Redskins' hiring of linebacker was 'slap in the face'
- Steelers fan chokes pregnant Chargers fan at game, photos and video show
- Ex-NFL star Brandon Browner sentenced to 8 years in prison for attempted murder: reports