Dunkin Donuts plans on donating $10,000, which will be kept for local cancer research.
Officers say the call came in at around 2:30 this afternoon. The male suspect, wearing all-black and a ball cap, approached a pharmacy technician and demanded drugs.
The man then fled on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue.
Officer Jason Linkletter and his K9 would later pick up a scent...trailing the suspect through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Fast forward to 3:00: a man fitting the suspect's description was seen running down Falvey Street, where an officer was positioned. That's when law enforcement moved in and made the arrest.
LISBON - Developing news tonight out of Lisbon, as state police say skeletal remains, found there this afternoon, may be those of a Lewiston woman who disappeared last year.
State Police Spokesman Steve McCausland says the remains may be those of 22 year-old Christiana Fesmire, who went missing in July of 2011.
McCausland says the remains were discovered at around 1:00 p.m. along a trail, not far from the intersection of Wagg and Ferry roads.
Just last month, a jury convicted Buddy Robinson of murdering Fesmire. The two had worked together at a Lewiston call center.
Meanwhile, the remains found today will be transported to the medical examiner's office in Augusta for identification.
BANGOR - Earlier today, Bangor Police utilized their K9 unit to apprehend a man who officials say robbed an area pharmacy, and subsequently fled the scene, late this afternoon.
The call came in at approximately 2:30 p.m. The suspect, described as a male wearing a black sweatshirt, black pants, and black ball cap, approached the pharmacy inside Walgreens, demanding drugs.
The man fled the scene on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue. Bangor police officer Jason Linkletter and a department K9 picked up a trail through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Then, just before 3 p.m., a male suspect fitting the description of the robber was seen running down Falvey Street, where another officer was sitting watch. The man was taken into custody, and police were seen gathering evidence at the scene.
"We don't have an account or an amount, or even what it is exactly," says Sgt. Paul Kenison. "But initially the call stated that he did leave the store with some pills and pill bottles, and there were some of those recovered that were on his person."
Initial reports indicate there may have been a note passed to the pharmacist, that implied the threat of a weapon, although none was brandished.
A domestic dispute in Bangor yesterday resulted in the arrest of one man, and assaults on two officials.
24-year-old Anthony King of Bangor was arrested after the department's Bangor Housing Liaison received a report of domestic abuse.
When an officer and mental health liaison attempted to put him in handcuffs, he resisted and became violent.
King punched and kicked the officer and liaison several times, before finally succumbing to arrest after he was threatened with a tazer.
He was taken to the Penobscot County Jail and charged with a number of crimes including Felony Assault on a Police Officer.
An additional officer reported injuries during the arrest and transport of King.
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Bernie Sanders’ campaign workers complaining, fleeing over ‘poverty wages’: report
- Brooklyn man dies after sucker punch, NYPD searches for suspect
- Dem socialist Julia Salazar allegedly dipped into trust fund during state senate campaign: report
- SEE IT: Man in suit piggy-backs woman to escape flooded New Jersey train station
- Fatal stabbings of mom, 3 kids leave relatives, friends devastated; suspect in custody, authorities say
- Jerry Seinfeld lands 'dream guest' for new season of 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- 'Firebird' roller coaster jams at Six Flags park near DC; all passengers escorted to safety
- Biscuits start baking inside hot car in Nebraska as part of weather experiment
- Jim Hanson: US downing of Iranian drone is a warning to stop aggression and support for terrorism
- Arkansas sheriff's deputy killed in shooting after responding to domestic call, police say
- Gigi Hadid beats copyright lawsuit over Instagram picture
- Kim Kardashian thanks Trump, Pompeo and Kushner for efforts to get A$AP Rocky released from Sweden jail
- Capitol police meet with members of political 'squad' about safety concerns
- Tlaib, AOC grill McAleenan over treatment of migrants detained at US-Mexico border
- Chicago woman, daughter charged with killing baby cut from teenager's womb with butcher knife
- Jay Sekulow and Mark Goldfeder: Ilhan Omar’s outrageous anti-Israel resolution should be defeated in House
- Trump to nominate Gene Scalia, son of late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, for secretary of labor
- Senators reach deal to vote on 9/11 victims fund as Dems blast proposed Lee amendment
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games