Tuesday, 11 December 2012 16:37
A Biddeford man is now in police custody for selling his own prescription medication.
46 year old Michael McKeown was charged Monday with aggravated trafficking. The Maine Drug Enforcement Agency (MDEA) says McKeown sold his drugs to an under-cover agent.
Authorities say his charges were increased because his home is across the street from an athletic field, which has been dubbed a safe zone by the City of Biddeford.
McKeown is also on the Maine sex offender registry, and police say they are looking into reports of him having teenage boys smoke marijuana in his home.
He was taken to the York County Jail in lieu of 75-thousand dollars bail. He is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 16:27
AUGUSTA -- A program out of Gorham is receiving high remarks from Governor LePage for their work helping children of military families.
In honor of the effort, governor lepage has proclaimed this month to be Operation Tribute month.
Operation Tribute is a program that provides holiday gifts to children of Maine's military families. Governor LePage says the sacrifices made by our armed forces must always be recognized but that we should also be mindful of the challenges faced by military families.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 16:07
BANGOR -- The Holiday Season, for many, is the time of giving, and that is just what the Bangor Fire Department did Monday night, as they helped out a charity, that makes a big difference.
The BFD was hard at work Monday night, but there were no fires in need of being put out. Instead they made a trip to Walmart, but its all for a good cause. They came here to help Toys For Tots.
For years now the BFD has been donating gifts to Toys for Tots, hoping they can make someone's Christmas just a little more memorable.
The money is collected at an annual baseball game with the Boston Red Sox Alumni and they donate the funds raised year round.
Over the years, the event has become a family affair, and what better way to figure out what toys are cool and which aren't, by bringing their little ones. but even these kids know the holiday season is more than about the gifts they receive.
After all of the toys were collected, the BFD made its way down the aisles and headed to what would become one busy cash register. From there they filled up their truck and headed over to the toys for tots collection site in brewer. but they say they could have never have done this alone. They say the could not have done this, without help from the Community.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:57
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:50
$1.33 billion for cash awards and tax relief programs become available for Hispanic and women farmers, or ranchers, who have been denied farm loans between the years 1981 to 2000.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 08:40
AUGUSTA - The increasing spread of an insect known as the winter moth has officials with the Maine Forest Service on edge.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 08:36
Lawmakers, caregivers and patients are supporting legislation that would give Maine's doctors more freedom in prescribing medical marijuana.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 08:23
MILLINOCKET - Conservationist Roxanne Quimby has bought another eight-thousand acres of Maine wilderness.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 08:20
AUGUSTA - Governor LePage and Democratic lawmakers are still at a stalemate over the use of a so-called tracker.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012 08:18
Users of the illegal drug known as bath salts had better beware.
Maine health officials are seeing a cluster of serious bacterial illness among those who inject the drug.
Monday, 10 December 2012 17:24
Bangor - A Bangor transient who admitted to a summer carjacking that resulted in a high-speed chase will spend seven years in prison.
Monday, 10 December 2012 17:10
Bangor - The Maine Warden Service is asking for the public's help in locating a missing Mapleton man.
Wardens say 27-year-old Mark Brazier was last seen Saturday afternoon while hunting in the area of Clayton Lake. In the picture, he is the individual on the far right.
Monday, 10 December 2012 16:32
It's not good for your heart, and it's not good for your pipes...cooking grease is causing issues for the City of Bangor's sanitary sewer lines, and city officials are taking a proactive approach to remind people to dispose of cooking fats appropriately.
- Bangor Pride Week draws to a close
- Alzheimer's Association holds Longest Day fundraiser
- Tractor-trailer gets stuck on bridge
- UPDATE: Victim of fatal crash identified
- UPDATE: Stranded hikers rescued
- Homeowners displaced after fire
- Efforts to rescue two stranded hikers
- Three hospitalized after plane crash
- Mainers try for a chance to become Wheel of Fortune contestants
- Sen. Collins: Iran needs to be held accountable
- State police honor troopers, civilians at awards ceremony
- Millinocket murderer to get new lawyers
- Newest U.S. citizens sworn in in Bangor
- Sentencing delayed for convicted murderer
- Emergency blood drive set for Monday
- Person dies in head-on crash
- Student loan bill becomes law
- Rockland man arrested on child porn charge
- Legislative session wraps up in Augusta
- Tent collapses amid thunderstorm, heavy rain killing at least 14, injuring 50 in India
- Ohio serial killer's mother stabbed to death in inside home, 3 children also injured, police say
- Burger King worker falls through roof, gets leg stuck: 'The rescue was very challenging'
- New York Times columnist follows AOC's lead, declares Trump ‘is running concentration camps at the border’
- 'Catfish' star Nev Schulman shares his advice to avoid getting tricked by online frauds
- Prosecuting Florida woman who turned in estranged husband’s guns sets ‘scary precedent,’ lawmaker says
- NASA to launch a deep-space atomic clock tonight
- Sanders calls for wiping out $1.6 trillion in student debt by taxing Wall Street
- Pickup truck driver arrested following New Hampshire highway collision that left 7 motorcyclists dead
- Teen’s brain tumors allegedly misdiagnosed as ‘anorexia’
- American in Vietnam sentenced to 12 years in prison for 'attempting to overthrow the state'
- Supreme Court strikes down ban on scandalous trademarks, in dispute over ‘FUCT’ clothing line
- Hawaii skydiving plane accident investigation shifts focus to 'quality' of repairs made following 2016 crash
- Gen. Jack Keane: Trump is first president in 39 years to be on 'strategic offensive' against Iran
- Kristan Hawkins: Planned Parenthood forum shows Dem presidential field chooses abortion over women
- Conway on recommendation she be fired for Hatch Act violations: 'They want to silence me, chill free speech'
- Alice Cooper explains 'death pact' with wife: 'We have a life pact'
- Corey Lewandowski: Here come the Democratic debates – 20 candidates, 2 nights, 1 giant mess
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Phoenix Suns' Josh Jackson accused of getting 5-month-old daughter high with marijuana use: report
- New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett reveals where his NFL allegiances lay
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay engaged to longtime model girlfriend Veronika Khomyn
- 'Miracle on Ice' team member's missing hockey stick returned to Michigan arena after nearly 40 years
- Tom Brady intends to 'foster' troubled teammate Josh Gordon: report
- Toronto Blue Jays' Marcus Stroman fires back after Dennis Eckersley criticizes him
- UFC fighter Jair Rozenstruik almost beats knockout record in bout with Allen Crowder
- Cameroon player appears to spit on opponent during heated match
- Brazilian soccer legend Marta gives impassioned speech to young players
- France beats Brazil 2-1 in extra time, reaches WCup quarters
- Hannah Green holds her nerve and becomes major champion
- Murray completes fairytale return, Lopez claims 2 titles