trapped under a large transparent dome with no way out.
The topic was human rights at a University of Maine lecture earlier today, the first in a internationally-focused lecture series.
CISV USA's Maine chapter welcomed El-Fadel Arbab, a survivor of the Sudanese genocide.
Arbab escaped from Darfur when he was 12.
He now lives in Portland, working there as an advocate to end the Sudanese atrocities.
CISV Maine's next UMaine lectue is scheduled for the 2013 Spring semester.
Upon searching his vehicle police found crack cocaine, and later both heroin and over $3,000 in cash in his home.
He is also being held for probation violation and a previous drug conviction.
Some of Bangor's historic homes were on display this weekend as part of the annual "Homes for the Holidays" Christmas tours.
Five homes located on West Broadway and Thomas Hill Road opened their doors to the public Saturday afternoon, with proceeds benefitting Saint John's Episcopal Church.
Decorative themes varied from house to house, reflecting homeowners' unique tastes.
Guests took in each home's architectural heritage, amid a seasonal atmosphere- enjoying refreshments and festive music.
The Maine Air National Guard's 101st Air Refueling Wing in Bangor is now under new leadership.
Colonel Doug Farnham was installed as the wing's new Commander at a base ceremony this weekend.
The wing also received a Meritorious Unit Award, Saturday, for its support of combat operations.
The first U.S. based Guard unit to receive the honor.
Farnham succeeds Colonel John D'errico who will become the Air Guard's next Chief of Staff, based in Augusta.
Farnham, who's been with the Guard for 21 years, is taking charge of nearly 900 people, and 16 units assigned to the 101st.
Donors can pick an angel tag from trees located at local businesses and purchase the gift requested.
Miller says he's retiring, so that he can spend more time with his family and visit his children and grandchildren all over the country.
But they will still be receiving $7,000 for acheiving their goal...finding homes for over 1,200 pets.
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Downeast Doggy Drive coming up
- Controversial signs put up near campus
- Teen wins $10K grant for sexual assault prevention
- Another plastic bag ban proposed
- Which Maine bridge do you like best?
- Old Orchard Beach death under investigation
- Waldo County EMA to test alert system with text Friday
- Fake tweet claiming Tom Ford called Melania Trump a 'glorified escort' with 'bad taste in men' goes viral
- Todd Starnes and IL Rep. Darren Bailey
- Wife defends Alabama man charged in '99 double killing
- DNC official on voter enthusiasm, RNC's record fundraising haul
- Witness says officer questioned teen's actions in shooting
- Tourists who plunged to deaths at Vietnam waterfall were 'not adequately warned' of dangers, coroner report says
- Rep. Louie Gohmert: Rod Rosenstein needs to go
- Man accused of stealing $547G from dead girlfriend vanishes in Florida Everglades after cutting tracking device
- Trump says Mueller report should be made public as end of investigation appears near
- Biden called court packing a ‘bonehead idea’ during 1983 hearing
- Jason Chaffetz: Social media discrimination against conservatives 'very real'
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes allegedly faked her voice to make it sound lower
- Meghan McCain says her late father John McCain would laugh that Trump is ‘so jealous of him’
- Allison Mack is in 'active plea negotiations' to avoid trial for alleged involvement in NXIVM sex cult
- Smoking strong pot daily raises psychosis risk, study finds
- Virgin Australia apologizes after 9-year-old boy is forced to spend night in airport lounge
- Natalie Portman is out of this world; fans are buzzing over 'Toy Story 4' trailer
- Nebraska flooding that impacted capital's water supply seen in time-lapse video
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater
- NCAA men's basketball tournament features highly touted NBA Draft prospects
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Brother of WWE legend Kurt Angle arrested for allegedly tossing child by neck
- San Francisco Giants CEO won't face charges for altercation with wife caught on video, authorities say
- SF Giants CEO won't face charges for altercation with wife caught on video, authorities say
- Ex-Auburn assistant Chuck Person pleads guilty in college basketball bribery scandal
- NCAA women's tournament bracket leak sparks fury from WNBA stars, college players and coaches