Kayla Hevey joined the ABC 7 and Fox 22 news team in June of 2019.
She is a graduate of Quinnipiac University where she majored in broadcast journalism. While at Quinnipiac, she was a member of the school’s student-run television station, Q30 Television, covering local and entertainment news as an executive producer and host of a lifestyle show. She also gained experience interning at several news stations across Connecticut.
Kayla is from Somers, Connecticut, but some of her best memories are visiting the southern coast of Maine on vacation with her family in York. She’s excited to start her career here in Bangor while getting the chance to explore other parts of the state.
If you see her around, say hi! Kayla can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @kaylahevey.
BANGOR - Kids from all over mixed together food and friendships at a kids culinary camp at Eastern Maine Community College.
BANGOR - More than 50 boys and girls are performing at 7:30 p.m. tonight to kick off St. John's Organ Society's annual Summer Recital Series.
BANGOR - With places like the beach, a pool, or a golf course, there are many ways to spend a sunny summer day and have some fun in the sun.
AUGUSTA - The opioid crisis continues throughout the state of Maine. A summit in Augusta brought together people who say they aren't willing to give up the fight.
BAR HARBOR - The landscape is changing in Bar Harbor. One building is being torn down to protect and expand another one that plays an important role in the community.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - Flamingos are flocking to Southwest Harbor -- plastic lawn flamingos, that is -- for the annual Harbor House Flamingo Festival.
BANGOR - Penobscot Community Health Care is partnering with the University of Maine School of Nursing, Harrington Family Health Care and Hometown Health Care to help fill the shortage of nurse practitioners in Maine.
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Trump offers to 'vouch' for A$AP Rocky in call with Swedish PM
- Arizona Dem Kyrsten Sinema joins GOP in push for program that would quickly deport migrants without valid asylum claims
- Puerto Rico's governor goes AWOL as protesters gather outside his residence, US officials call to step down
- Britain warns of 'serious consequences' if Iran doesn't release seized tanker as regime insists it was 'reciprocal' move
- 3 million gallons of 'untreated sewage' spill into Puget Sound after power outage, prompting beach closures
- Pete Buttigieg says he's obligated 'with the privilege of whiteness' to speak out on systemic racism
- Fred Fleitz: Don't ignore Reps. Omar and Tlaib and their hateful anti-Semitic, anti-Israel rhetoric
- School district warns parents: Pay lunch bill or kids may go into foster care
- Five Cubans discovered on makeshift sailboat in Florida Keys, US Coast Guard says
- Apollo 11: 50 years on, the world celebrates the Moon landing
- Beauty queen, a Trump fan, dethroned after conservative views ruled 'insensitive,' she says
- Veteran NASA Astronaut Tom Jones: Apollo 11 anniversary -- America must lead a return to the moon
- Bernie Sanders defends campaign staff salaries after accusations of 'poverty wages'
- Ben Kinchlow, longtime co-host of ‘The 700 Club,’ Air Force vet, dies at 82
- Robert Charles: Moon landing showed impossible was possible as it united world
- Keanu Reeves leaves fan sweet note on the way to set in Louisiana: 'You're breathtaking!'
- California leads nation -- by far -- in naturalized citizens, data show
- Billionaire Tom Steyer, at first campaign event, says he doesn't see himself as rich
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr