Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - One man fought against all odds to complete his journey along the Appalachian Trail. Family members surprised the hiker in Bangor today to congratulate him on his accomplishment.
SULLIVAN - For over 50 years, the Smelt Brook Dam has separated a fresh water stream from the nearby Frenchman Bay. This week the Downeast Salmon Federation will be removing the dam in order to restore the salt marsh ecosystem and help smelt return to the area.
ORONO - Campus hazing continues to be a concern among colleges all around the country. Researchers at the University of Maine recently released a toolkit that presents a framework for hazing prevention.
BANGOR - As Hurricane Florence makes it way through the Carolinas, repair crews are headed south to help deal with the damage.
KNOX - One person is dead and three others are injured after a barn collapse this morning in the town of Knox. The structure collapse occurred off of Belfast Road in Knox just before 9:25 this morning.
GREENVILLE - A fire aboard the Katahdin steamboat abruptly halted cruises earlier this summer, but now the 104-year-old vessel is back and trying to make up for lost income.
ELLSWORTH - Seventeen years gone, and the memory of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks still paint a vivid picture in the minds of all those who experienced the day.
BANGOR - Over 300 cars, trucks and motorcycles were put on display today for the eleventh annual Bangor Car Show.
BREWER - Over the past year, Brewer's economic development team has made big strides towards revitalizing the city. The progress has been attracting businesses and people to the area.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Wisconsin woman gives out marijuana-laced cookies during St. Patrick’s Day parade, police say
- White House, Congress preparing for release of Mueller report
- Sexual abuse of boys and men is emerging as one of the most under-reported weapons of war
- Economic models indicate Trump on track to win re-election in 'landslide': report
- US military vet recounts arrests in Haiti to AP
- DoubleTree hotel apologizes for sign refusing service to military members during post-deployment ceremony: ‘Very offensive’
- The Latest: Death toll from Iraq ferry sinking rises to 71
- NGOs urge France to ban arm sales to Saudi Arabia
- Brent Bozell calls tech industry liberal bias 'the greatest threat to liberty in history'
- Prosecutors: Clear dead serial rapist of 1983 Florida murder
- John Walker Lindh should not be released to 'sow hate and terrorism:' James Foley's mom
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump takes credit for law named after McCain
- 2 tied to charity-gone-wrong story arrive in Baltimore
- Connecticut diocese settles priest abuse lawsuits for $3.5M
- Shocking 'Terminator-like' liquid metal developed by scientists
- Trump continues to criticize McCain after bipartisan criticism
- Mom defends Disney-inspired baby name after trolls mock it online: It 'suits her'
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- US figure skater Mariah Bell accused of purposely cutting South Korean opponent at world championships
- Boston Red Sox minor league affiliate plans to 'celebrate' Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez engagement
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress