Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BLUE HILL - Students from the Blue Hill Consolidated School spent Wednesday afternoon outside and working.
BLUE HILL - Two organized community searches have been scheduled for a missing Blue Hill woman. Jessica Grindle was last seen in late July, and her family continues to search for answers regarding her disappearance.
BANGOR - A new collection of model airplanes were put on display at the Maine Air Museum today. The man who donated the planes spent nearly 30 years of his life working on them.
BRADFORD - The cold air is starting to creep in and homeowners are getting their heat sources ready for the winter.
ROCKLAND - One boy has been traveling all over the country to say thanks to police officers. Today he made his stop in Maine, bringing with him the tasty treat he's known for.
WATERVILLE - Students will no longer need to submit standardized test scores when applying to Colby College.
HALLOWELL - A new study by Maine's Office of the Public Advocate is trying to help low-income families improve their home energy efficiency.
BELFAST - There's lots of people contributing to the latest Habitat for Humanity building project in Waldo County. Volunteers from Bank of America were at the site earlier today to help.
BANGOR - For fifty years, Bangor International Airport has been serving people from all over the world. It's location has made it a popular spot for planes of all shapes and sizes.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Shocking 'Terminator-like' liquid metal developed by scientists
- Trump continues to criticize McCain after bipartisan criticism
- Mom defends Disney-inspired baby name after trolls mock it online: It 'suits her'
- Student suspended for recreating battlefield cross speaks out
- Jana Kramer fires back at online trolls for 'bullying' her 3-year-old daughter: 'Don’t pick on my child'
- K-pop singer arrested over allegations that he illegally shared sexually explicit videos of women
- Ingraham to Trump: You've stepped on your own message by focusing on McCain, Conway
- Beto O’Rourke does not support Warren's Big Tech breakup plan
- Use this trick to shop at Costco without a membership
- Insta-gram: Teen accused of using platform to advertise weed
- Video shows 171 migrants crawling through hole under border fence in Yuma, Arizona
- Report: Great Lakes feeling effects of rapid climate warming
- 'Forrest Gump' sequel that included Princess Diana, OJ Simpson's Bronco was scrapped after 9/11: screenwriter
- Study suggests there’s a 'smell test' for Parkinson's disease
- German prosecutors interview ex-Stasi agents over Lockerbie
- Darden Restaurants shares rise on 3Q earnings
- Bride was diagnosed with cancer days before dream wedding
- 'Empire' creator Lee Daniels talks 'pain,' 'anger' and 'sadness' following the Jussie Smollett scandal
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater