Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
AUGUSTA - The race for Maine's 2nd Congressional District will now be determined by ranked-choice voting. It's the first time in US history that a congressional race will be decided by that voting method. The elections staff began the process this morning.
BLUE HILL - Blue Hill resident Jessica Grindle was reported missing in early August. On Wednesday, human remains were found in the same location that she was last seen. Grindle's family is standing by as authorities work to identify the body.
BAR HARBOR - Volunteers gathered at Acadia National Park this morning to help clear the historic carriage roads. Despite the rain, hundreds of people came to offer help.
BANGOR - As temperatures continue to drop, the need for hats and gloves grows. One local group is making sure everyone stays warm during the winter.
BAR HARBOR - Cancer affects the lives of people in many different ways. Today, a conference in bar harbor brought caregivers, patients and survivors together.
CLINTON - Maine continues to experience a work force shortage due to a population that is getting older and smaller. One local college is trying to meet the needs of businesses by providing a useful education to students.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - A Pemetic Elementary School custodian has been serving her school for 40 years. Today, students and faculty came together to say thank you.
ORONO - On Saturday UMaine fans young and old came together to cheer on the Black Bears as they played Albany in their homecoming football game. Some chose to take their attention away from the field.
- Main Street road work set for Friday, Tuesday
- After delay, Penobscot Narrows Observatory to open Friday
- Calais nurses concerned hospital is unsafe for patients
- Police issue warning after reported car burglaries
- Collision shuts down Route 3 in Trenton
- Maine sees 1st measles case in 2 years
- State police asking public to help find stolen items
- Businesses showcased at chamber expo
- Memorial Day parades, observances around the region
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Arizona man accused of cashing dead mom’s benefits after burying her in backyard
- Trump approves Pentagon plan to send about 2,000 more U.S. troops to Middle East
- Joy Behar on new Assange indictment: He and Comey were 'why Trump won' in 2016
- Douglas MacKinnon: Milkshake attacks are not funny -- Left needs to condemn vile pranks before it's too late
- Man accused in multiple subway brake-pulling incidents arrested, officials say
- US following deportation case of rights activist in Israel
- Mark Zuckerberg claims Facebook security efforts will suffer if company is broken up
- Incapacitated woman at Arizona facility may have been raped, impregnated before most recent assault: reports
- Sen. Graham: No Democrat 'will give a damn' about Barr declassifying documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- Scarborough says Trump 'knows he's slipping' mentally, Brzezinski praises Pelosi: She's 'sharp as a tack'
- Thomas McDaniels: Churches should learn from Blockbuster – change with the times, or die
- Former Michigan priest charged with 6 counts of sex crimes
- Democrat's shocking claim that deaths of migrant children were 'intentional' was disgusting: Tom Homan
- Man living in 'modern treehouse' arrested on suspicion of burglary, cops say
- Vegan couple jailed for giving 18-month-old child restrictive diet leaving her extremely malnourished
- Former officer pleads guilty to battery for punching suspect
- Panera at Home chicken soup recalled over plastic material in product
- In Google's hometown, some residents are living on the streets in RVs
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Olympian soccer player found dead in Colombia days after being reported missing
- Mallory Edens, daughter of Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, trolls Drake with shirt; rapper fires back
- Lillard, Kemba, LeBron among noteworthy All-NBA picks
- Arbitrator upholds Voynov suspension but says he served half
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River
- NCAA Division III school being booted from conference over athletic dominance
- Dennis Rodman accused of slapping man at Florida bar: report