Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
ELLSWORTH - In an effort to reduce plastic pollution, Ellsworth's Green Action Team has developed a draft ordinance that would ban all single-use plastic bags. On Thursday morning, community members and officials gathered at Ellsworth City Hall to talk about the issue.
BANGOR - A thrilling new fundraiser had people rappelling down the side of the Cross Insurance Center on Wednesday. The event aims to raise awareness for substance use disorder.
ELLSWORTH - Vacancies in the state's nursing workforce continue to grow, and the University of Maine System is taking steps to bring nursing education to the regions that need it most.
CHELSEA - In times of war, a stand down meant that exhausted soldiers could be removed from the battlefields to a place of safety. On Saturday that term was applied in a different, but equally helpful way.
BUCKSPORT - A once-forgotten cemetery sits near the Wastewater Treatment Facility in Bucksport. For years, the site was thought to be the resting place of Jeremiah Wardwell, the owner of an old tavern and inn during the 1800s. After some research, a new discovery was made.
BANGOR - Since 2011, GrowSmart Maine has taken its summit all throughout the state. The nonprofit's purpose is to grow and develop Maine without sacrificing the state's quality.
HERMON - Lewis "Billy" Hogan Jr. went missing 46 years ago while flying a yellow Citabria airplane from Connecticut to Houlton. During that time, Jerome Hogan has made it his mission to find the airplane and his brother.
ORONO - More than 6,500 Mainers have served as AmeriCorps members since the program began in 1993. On Tuesday, people from across the country took the pledge of service.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - Acadia's Oktoberfest returns to Southwest Harbor this weekend. The beer festival kicks off an entire week of festivities in that region.
- Waldo County EMA to test alert system with text Friday
- DOT's 'Bridge Bracket Madness' to determine Maine's best bridge
- Father killed baby in Presque Isle murder-suicide, police say
- Police: deadly Swanville confrontation was over woman
- Women rescued from icy coastal trail
- Man accused of sex assault of minor
- Visitors to rural areas could boost economy
- Physics students create snow art
- Gas tax increase could fund road repairs
- Acting U.S. interior secretary visits Maine
- 81st annual sportsmen's show draws thousands
- MDOT funds Lincoln area projects
- Farmers get early monetary boost at CSA Fair
- Oxford fire chief laid to rest
- Police investigating murder-suicide in Presque Isle
- RSU 22 schools making up unplanned snow days
- The Story w/ Martha MacCallum – Monday, March 18
- Reporting on Russia collusion claims shows why Americans have lost trust in media, Joe Concha says
- Brazilian president: We want to deepen and expand trade relations between US and Brazil
- 7 dead, others shot in election-related attack in Bangladesh
- Elizabeth Warren insists her career wasn't advanced because of Native American heritage claim
- Carson: I've interacted with racist people, Trump is not one of them
- Beto O'Rourke seemingly endorses third-trimester abortions: 'That should be a decision the woman makes'
- Border wall standoff could lead to another government shutdown this fall
- Guaido supporters in Venezuela 'took control' of diplomatic buildings, US says
- Pence to visit Nebraska to survey flood damage, Sanders announces
- AP source: Justice Dept. probing development of Boeing jets
- Midwest floods devastate Nebraska city, leaving many without homes
- Ardern vows to deny accused mosque gunman notoriety he seeks
- New York mom gives birth to 15-pound baby girl: 'It was pretty violent'
- Palestinian agency urges donors: Match 2018 funds in 2019
- Fox News Digital beats CNN to finish No. 1 in multi-platform views, total minutes in February
- After Trump again seeks to defund PBS, network's chief insists network provides 'high value'
- Pro-Thaksin candidates adopt his name in Thai election
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- ESPNU show mistakenly shows NCAA women's basketball tournament bracket hours before official reveal
- Video of former Giants defensive lineman Barry Cofield's heroin arrest at gunpoint revealed
- Pro golfer Jon Rahm curses after ignoring caddie's advice at Players Championship
- NCAA March Madness 2019 bracket tips: 3 things to consider before picking your winners
- Ex-Philadelphia Phillies' infielder Carlos Santana took bat to TV over 'Fortnite': report
- NCAA men's basketball tournament teams who could cause first-round upsets
- Kansas City Chiefs' Tyreek Hill reportedly investigated over two incidents involving toddler son
- 'Game of Thrones' creator on Odell Beckham Jr. trade: 'Kill Me Now'
- SEE IT: Carolina Panthers lineman seen getting dropped in fight outside bar
- SEE IT: Carolina Panthers lineman seen getting knocked out in fight outside bar
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Michigan State’s Kyle Ahrens lands awkwardly on ankle, taken off court
- Johnny Manziel coming back to play football in the US