Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
ELLSWORTH - This weekend, members of the Red Knights' Maine Chapter III were raising money for a number of local charities.
ELLSWORTH - Hundreds gathered in Ellsworth on Saturday for their 38th Annual Downtown Christmas Parade.
STATEWIDE - The passing of former President George H.W. Bush is drawing reactions from around the world.
As the nation mourns, so do the people of Maine, where the Bush family made a second home.
Saturday, Maine residents remembered the legacy of the 41st President.
STATEWIDE - The holiday season is usually thought of as a time of joy. For some, this time of year can bring a lot of stress and anxiety.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - A new bill cosponsored by Senator Angus King and Senator Susan Collins is focused on criminal justice reform. The legislation has strong bipartisan support in congress and is backed by President Trump.
BANGOR - An economic report highlights key issues such as Maine's working-age population and health care costs, which are key factors in the state's future growth. This morning, leaders of the Maine State Chamber of Commerce and the Maine Development Foundation explained that report, and how it can help policy makers.
GLENBURN - As Hollis Rockwell waits on a transplant list, his family and friends are using another method to find him the kidney he needs.
FRANKLIN - The holiday season is in full swing, and for many that means going out to find the best Christmas tree. One tree farm has been a favorite for families in and outside of Maine.
BANGOR - The Christmas shopping season has officially arrived. Today area retailers welcomed thousands of shoppers to their stores for all the Black Friday deals.
BEFLAST - Community meals were being served all around the state today, including a Thanksgiving dinner in Belfast.
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Bangor PD's newest K9 team hits the streets
- PCHC reports possible data breach
- Bangor police seeking leads on vandalism cases
- Census Bureau: Mailing to Fairfield resident 'legit'
- Trial for man accused in stabbing death underway
- Omar introduces resolution defending boycott of Israel, likens it to boycotts of Nazi Germany, Soviet Union
- Will Omar and Tlaib get OK to visit Israel? It may be all up to Netanyahu
- Bernie Sanders says his $40 trillion Medicare-for-all plan would help US save money
- Victor Davis Hanson: America does not have be perfect to be good (despite what radical progressives tell us)
- Siblings who claimed income taxes 'against God's will' ordered to pay $1.4 million
- Miley Cyrus twerks, takes the FaceApp challenge and sees 'them aliens' in Twitter posts
- At least 12 believed dead, 35 injured in arson at Japanese film studio
- DNA from cigarette butts links man to 12-year-old's kidnapping, sexual assault: prosecutors
- Harris stands by debate attacks against Biden: We have to 'remember our history'
- LAPD officer linked to two separate rape cases by DNA 'cold match': police
- Airline deletes tweet about where to sit on plane to best survive crash
- Famed Crystal Cathedral reopens as Roman Catholic church after $72M renovation
- Creator of 'Storm Area 51' comes forward after satirical Facebook page takes off
- 6-year-old girl killed in freak golf course accident
- Florida dad threw son, 5, into ocean to ‘teach him to swim’: cops
- Thousands of Puerto Ricans gather to demand governor's resignation
- Trump hosts victims of religious persecution at White House
- 'Send her back' chant at Trump rally prompts outcry; Omar responds
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Pumpsie Green, first black player on Boston Red Sox, dies at 85
- Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens was among those who watched Babe Ruth call his shot
- Arizona Cardinals cut lineman Desmond Harrison after warrant reportedly issued for his arrest
- Chicago Bears' Cordarrelle Patterson has interesting thoughts on being a Super Bowl champion
- World Cup champ Allie Long receives new key to New York City after first one was stolen
- Naomi Osaka on driving force behind her will to succeed: 'Be the best or I'm going to be homeless'
- Kirk Gibson apologized to Dennis Eckersley over celebrating iconic World Series home run, ex-broadcaster says
- Baseball team's coach, 6, dresses down umpire after controversial out
- Mike Tyson says Anthony Joshua has to get his mind right before title rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr
- Brooks Koepka snubbed Tiger Woods who asked about practice round before the Open Championship
- Dwight Howard opens up about sexuality, drama surrounding man's lawsuit against him
- Former AL Cy Young winner tossed from Atlantic League game for outburst over robo ump's strike zone