Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
FRANKLIN - The holiday season is in full swing, and for many that means going out to find the best Christmas tree. One tree farm has been a favorite for families in and outside of Maine.
BANGOR - The Christmas shopping season has officially arrived. Today area retailers welcomed thousands of shoppers to their stores for all the Black Friday deals.
BEFLAST - Community meals were being served all around the state today, including a Thanksgiving dinner in Belfast.
BANGOR - Families across the country travel near and far today as they head to their Thanksgiving destinations. Workers and travelers at Bangor International Airport are preparing for the busy holiday weekend.
BANGOR - A new sober house in Bangor provides a supportive environment for men recovering from substance use disorder. Today, members of the public were welcomed into the home to take a look at all the ways it's helping.
LEVANT - Yesterday's fire in Levant destroyed a barn and killed more than a dozen head of cattle. Today, community members are rallying around the barn owner and hoping for the best outcome.
STATEWIDE - Democrat Jared Golden has officially won the race in Maine's 2nd congressional district. Despite this, Representative Bruce Poliquin will continue his lawsuit questioning the constitutionality of ranked-choice voting.
BAR HARBOR - Power outages are common during winter, especially in the isolated areas of Mount Desert Island. Thanks to the purchase of a new emergency generator, MDI Hospital is ready for anything Mother Nature has in store.
AUGUSTA - Organizations from around the state met in Augusta today to discuss Maine's future. A new plan focuses on the health of the state's water, energy, land and food.
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Man seriously injured in motorcycle accident
- Woman seriously hurt in motorcycle crash
- State Police are investigating a fatal crash in Howland
- Annual Relay for Life kicks off
- CDC says restaurant worker had hepatitis
- Medway drug incidents lead to arrests
- Woman charged with stealing $100K from Hancock County nonprofit
- Joe Biden builds massive lead among black voters
- Reps. Cunningham, Spanberger, Sherrill, Torres Small: Rural Americans need high-speed internet, too
- Karl Rove: Trump campaign 'feels very cautious' about chances in Rust Belt states
- Tennessee murder victim found holding piece of paper with suspect’s license plate on it: report
- That loose change left at airports may be used to help fund border operations
- House Dem speaks about her own abortion: Government has 'no right in my uterus'
- Carson clashes with Dems over proposal to block illegal immigrants from public housing
- 'Over The Rainbow' composer sues Apple, Google and Amazon for piracy
- Freelance reporter wants police to return seized property
- Tornado spotted near Tulsa airport, water rescues reported across Oklahoma as severe threat shifts east
- Subtropical storm Andrea forms southwest of Bermuda days before 2019 hurricane season begins
- Carnival worker accused of groping Montana police detective
- UN envoy warns Libya is on verge of descending to civil war
- NPR style boss instructs staff on abortion terminology: 'Babies are not babies until they are born'
- This yellow Egyptian glass was forged by a meteorite impact 29 million years ago
- New Jersey man who allegedly urinated on cancer victim's memorial is fired by dad from family business
- Scientists went to one of the world's most remote island atolls. They found 414 million pieces of plastic
- Fast-food chains react to Kim Kardashian’s Jack in the Box tweet
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Antonio Brown tweets ‘two face’ after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger apologizes for dissing him
- Joe Namath: Choosing to play for the New York Jets was a 'no-brainer'
- Women's World Cup ticket holders learn some seats are separated
- Baltimore Ravens' Hayden Hurst turns to social media to help find woman from flight
- Washington Redskins' Reuben Foster tears ACL on third rep of organized team activities: report
- Illinois standout Bobby Roundtree able to 'eat and speak normally' after spinal surgery, official says
- Tom Brady pledges to break diet and eat this if ‘Jeopardy!’ phenom lost
- Antetokounmpo funds basketball court in fire-ravaged Greece
- Pro women hockey players form union in step toward league
- Yanks, Red Sox play on artificial turf London
- Indiana college softball team pulls off stunning hidden-ball trick to advance to World Series
- Warriors defeat Blazers 119-117 in OT, heading to fifth straight NBA finals