Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - As temperatures continue to drop, the need for hats and gloves grows. One local group is making sure everyone stays warm during the winter.
BAR HARBOR - Cancer affects the lives of people in many different ways. Today, a conference in bar harbor brought caregivers, patients and survivors together.
CLINTON - Maine continues to experience a work force shortage due to a population that is getting older and smaller. One local college is trying to meet the needs of businesses by providing a useful education to students.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - A Pemetic Elementary School custodian has been serving her school for 40 years. Today, students and faculty came together to say thank you.
ORONO - On Saturday UMaine fans young and old came together to cheer on the Black Bears as they played Albany in their homecoming football game. Some chose to take their attention away from the field.
MILLINOCKET - A young man in Millinocket is refusing to let his disabilities hold him back. With help from a local organization, he's landed a job and is fitting right in with his community.
MACHIAS - The Nash building has been a symbol on Main Street in Machias for years. It has historic ties to local business and will now be used to jumpstart downtown revitalization.
AUGUSTA - Nearly 100 Maine schools cast ballots in this year's mock election. Students from around the state met in Augusta today for the "Rally and Tally"' event.
BANGOR - While there's been a lot of attention on question one of Maine's ballot measures, voters still have four other referendum questions to consider. The four bond issues could improve the quality of education, transportation and water across the state.
BANGOR - The Eastern Maine Walk to End Alzheimer's returned to the Bangor Waterfront this morning. The event raises awareness and money for the disease.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Shocking 'Terminator-like' liquid metal developed by scientists
- Trump continues to criticize McCain after bipartisan criticism
- Mom defends Disney-inspired baby name after trolls mock it online: It 'suits her'
- Student suspended for recreating battlefield cross speaks out
- Jana Kramer fires back at online trolls for 'bullying' her 3-year-old daughter: 'Don’t pick on my child'
- K-pop singer arrested over allegations that he illegally shared sexually explicit videos of women
- Ingraham to Trump: You've stepped on your own message by focusing on McCain, Conway
- Beto O’Rourke does not support Warren's Big Tech breakup plan
- Use this trick to shop at Costco without a membership
- Insta-gram: Teen accused of using platform to advertise weed
- Video shows 171 migrants crawling through hole under border fence in Yuma, Arizona
- Report: Great Lakes feeling effects of rapid climate warming
- 'Forrest Gump' sequel that included Princess Diana, OJ Simpson's Bronco was scrapped after 9/11: screenwriter
- Study suggests there’s a 'smell test' for Parkinson's disease
- German prosecutors interview ex-Stasi agents over Lockerbie
- Darden Restaurants shares rise on 3Q earnings
- Bride was diagnosed with cancer days before dream wedding
- 'Empire' creator Lee Daniels talks 'pain,' 'anger' and 'sadness' following the Jussie Smollett scandal
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater