Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
LEVANT - Yesterday's fire in Levant destroyed a barn and killed more than a dozen head of cattle. Today, community members are rallying around the barn owner and hoping for the best outcome.
STATEWIDE - Democrat Jared Golden has officially won the race in Maine's 2nd congressional district. Despite this, Representative Bruce Poliquin will continue his lawsuit questioning the constitutionality of ranked-choice voting.
BAR HARBOR - Power outages are common during winter, especially in the isolated areas of Mount Desert Island. Thanks to the purchase of a new emergency generator, MDI Hospital is ready for anything Mother Nature has in store.
AUGUSTA - Organizations from around the state met in Augusta today to discuss Maine's future. A new plan focuses on the health of the state's water, energy, land and food.
BANGOR - The Maine Troop Greeters Museum opened just one year ago. On Saturday, they welcomed visitors to Greeters Hall and celebrated the occasion.
AUGUSTA - The race for Maine's 2nd Congressional District will now be determined by ranked-choice voting. It's the first time in US history that a congressional race will be decided by that voting method. The elections staff began the process this morning.
BLUE HILL - Blue Hill resident Jessica Grindle was reported missing in early August. On Wednesday, human remains were found in the same location that she was last seen. Grindle's family is standing by as authorities work to identify the body.
BAR HARBOR - Volunteers gathered at Acadia National Park this morning to help clear the historic carriage roads. Despite the rain, hundreds of people came to offer help.
- Hey Bangor: Did you handle a bat last weekend?
- Bill would tighten OUI laws
- Hey Bangor: Did you handle a bat last weekend?
- Students get glimpse into criminal justice system
- Police charge man with assaulting infant son
- Preliminary report on Presque Isle plane crash
- Man indicted on child sex charges
- Man sentenced for stealing cruiser in escape attempt
- Cancer patients need drivers
- Skowhegan Maple Festival opens Friday
- TRIO, Gear Up in spotlight at State House
- Bill seeks to raise ambulance reimbursements
- Mayo Regional, Northern Lights merger advancing
- Wood boiler likely cause of farm fire
- OOB murder suspect appears in court
- Downs to be held without bail
- Florida detectives investigate massage parlor murder, seek person of interest
- Mark Morgan says after working for Mueller for 12 years he knows no stone was left unturned in his investigation
- The Latest: 100 people evacuated from cruise ship off Norway
- Former prosecutor says the Mueller report could show evidence of wrong doing even without collusion indictments
- Former congressman says the White House should be celebrating that Mueller has issued no collusion indictments
- Rep. Dan Kildee says nobody should be wishing for bad news to come out of the Mueller report
- Clashes among government-aligned forces in Yemen's kill 6
- White House declares an end to the Islamic State in Syria
- Backlash over Barbra Streisand’s Michael Jackson sexual abuse comments deepens: ‘I feel sick’
- The Latest: Video sought of cop's lawyer's office shooting
- Will there be more indictments from the Trump-Russia collusion probe?
- Hundreds of thousands protest in London demanding second Brexit vote
- Lawmakers call for as much transparency as possible with the Mueller report
- Kristy Swanson posts ‘goofy’ Luke Perry throwback photo from ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’: ‘I love you'
- $625M Powerball drawing would be US' 7th-largest jackpot
- Mueller memes take over social media: Report compared to Fyre Festival, Beyonce album drop
- Rep. Chris Stewart on the Mueller report: It’s no surprise we have yet to see any evidence of collusion
- House Democrats push ahead with their own investigations of President Trump
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Liberty upset over Mississippi State caps NCAA tourney Day 2 action
- ISU says there’s ‘no evidence’ US skater Mariah Bell ‘intended any harm’ to South Korean opponent
- FSU player Phil Cofer is told after game that his father, ex-NFL linebacker, passed away
- NBA star Kevin Durant’s ‘adopted brother,’ 32, shot, killed outside Atlanta-area nightclub
- Wofford's Fletcher Magee sets 3-pointer mark as Terriers top Seton Hall
- NFL paid under $10M to settle Colin Kaepernick grievance
- US figure skater Mariah Bell accused of purposely cutting South Korean opponent at world championships
- Boston Red Sox minor league affiliate plans to 'celebrate' Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez engagement
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism