Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
STATEWIDE - Many campers come to Maine each year looking for the great outdoor experience. University of Maine researchers, however, are asking those visitors to leave their firewood behind.
GOULDSBORO - Two people are dead and another injured after a motor vehicle crash on Tuesday morning.
NEWPORT - The holiday season is one of giving. A local organization did their best to give back to a family who needs it.
BANGOR - Community members gathered at the Hammond Street Congregational Church tonight for the Homeless Vigil.
MILLINOCKET - One man is dead and an entire house destroyed after a fire in Millinocket early this morning. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
AUGUSTA - The recount for Maine's second congressional district continued today, and officials say they could finish the count sooner than originally expected.
BELFAST - Maine voters legalized recreational marijuana sales more than two years ago, but state regulators have yet to license the first retail store. The delay could be causing some losses in tax revenue.
MILLINOCKET - Thousands of runners overcame the freezing temperatures today for the fourth annual Millinocket Marathon. They were assisted by the many volunteers who lined the course.
AUGUSTA - Leaders and community members from across the state gathered in Augusta today to discuss the future of Maine's economy and environment.
- Hospice Conference
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Man seriously injured in motorcycle accident
- Woman seriously hurt in motorcycle crash
- State Police are investigating a fatal crash in Howland
- Congress must act to fix border crisis after migrant teen dies in US custody, top official says
- Trump administration fights back against lone judges nixing policies ‘with the stroke of the pen’
- Wife thanks doctors as trooper goes home after shooting
- 'American Taliban' John Walker Lindh to be released
- Biden campaign, unfazed by N. Korea insults, says it's 'no surprise' rogue nation prefers Trump
- Russian opposition leader's associate jailed for 20 days
- Remote Indian reservation near the Grand Canyon gets broadband boost
- Democrats peddling 'false' Trump narrative to make up for fact they 'blew this last election:' Sean Spicer
- Huge snake slithers on to Connecticut woman’s roof, frightening video shows
- Mexico morgue left bodies to rot for 2 years before autopsy
- 2020 Dem laments party 'playing defense,' cites 'conservative pro-life court'
- Prince William apparently calls Princess Charlotte this 'sweet' nickname
- Bride demands guests 'gift' more money the morning after the wedding
- Virginia woman has healthy dog euthanized as a part of her will, official says
- Behar says Ben Carson is under POTUS' 'influence,' cites Trump's 'cult of mentally crazy people'
- North Carolina city files lawsuit against RV company for flying American flag out of city ordinance
- Texas man accused of abducting girl, 8, faces federal charge
- Russian city cancels cathedral construction after protests
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Boxer accuses Jay-Z, sports agency of negligence after suffering 'devastating brain hemorrhage'
- Female squash competitors 'shocked' after prizes include sex toy, callus remover
- Philadelphia Eagles' Lane Johnson donates $500G to Kilgore College for new athletic facility
- Drake seen massaging Toronto Raptors coach's shoulders as some question his behavior
- Iowa high school soccer player scores 'butt' goal during playoff game
- Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford opens up about 'tough times' while wife recovers from brain surgery
- Triple amputee Army vet uses surfing to get through struggles: 'It's changed everything for me'
- XFL coach expects Johnny Manziel to be eligible for league's draft
- Maximum Security eyeing New Jersey events for return to track, horse's owner says
- Distant relative of NFL veteran Tyrann Mathieu accused of trying to extort millions from player: officials
- Detroit Tigers fan butters up Curtis Granderson with popcorn during game
- Aaron Rodgers left unsatisfied with 'Game of Thrones' finale