Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
MILLINOCKET - One man is dead and an entire house destroyed after a fire in Millinocket early this morning. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
AUGUSTA - The recount for Maine's second congressional district continued today, and officials say they could finish the count sooner than originally expected.
BELFAST - Maine voters legalized recreational marijuana sales more than two years ago, but state regulators have yet to license the first retail store. The delay could be causing some losses in tax revenue.
MILLINOCKET - Thousands of runners overcame the freezing temperatures today for the fourth annual Millinocket Marathon. They were assisted by the many volunteers who lined the course.
AUGUSTA - Leaders and community members from across the state gathered in Augusta today to discuss the future of Maine's economy and environment.
AUGUSTA - In the midst of Bruce Poliquin's lawsuit against ranked-choice voting, the recount process for Congressional District 2 has begun. The hand count could to take up to four weeks.
AUGUSTA - It was swearing-in day for the 129th Maine Legislature. New lawmakers are getting ready for the next session, and today they elected the new constitutional officers.
MILLINOCKET - The Millinocket Marathon continues to grow, attracting runners from all over the region. The influx of people gives the town a much-needed boost during the slow season.
ELLSWORTH - This weekend, members of the Red Knights' Maine Chapter III were raising money for a number of local charities.
ELLSWORTH - Hundreds gathered in Ellsworth on Saturday for their 38th Annual Downtown Christmas Parade.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Shocking 'Terminator-like' liquid metal developed by scientists
- Trump continues to criticize McCain after bipartisan criticism
- Mom defends Disney-inspired baby name after trolls mock it online: It 'suits her'
- Student suspended for recreating battlefield cross speaks out
- Jana Kramer fires back at online trolls for 'bullying' her 3-year-old daughter: 'Don’t pick on my child'
- K-pop singer arrested over allegations that he illegally shared sexually explicit videos of women
- Ingraham to Trump: You've stepped on your own message by focusing on McCain, Conway
- Beto O’Rourke does not support Warren's Big Tech breakup plan
- Use this trick to shop at Costco without a membership
- Insta-gram: Teen accused of using platform to advertise weed
- Video shows 171 migrants crawling through hole under border fence in Yuma, Arizona
- Report: Great Lakes feeling effects of rapid climate warming
- 'Forrest Gump' sequel that included Princess Diana, OJ Simpson's Bronco was scrapped after 9/11: screenwriter
- Study suggests there’s a 'smell test' for Parkinson's disease
- German prosecutors interview ex-Stasi agents over Lockerbie
- Darden Restaurants shares rise on 3Q earnings
- Bride was diagnosed with cancer days before dream wedding
- 'Empire' creator Lee Daniels talks 'pain,' 'anger' and 'sadness' following the Jussie Smollett scandal
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater