Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
AUGUSTA - Governor Janet Mills took the oath of office Wednesday night at her inaugural ceremony in Augusta and became the state's 75th Maine governor.
HARMONY- Maine is home to a wide range of wildlife that attracts tourists from around the country. Today, folks came to Harmony to take a look at some animals you might not expect to see around Central Maine.
EASTPORT - We're less than a week away from the new year, and different towns are preparing for their own celebrations.
STATEWIDE - It was a busy election year in Maine. It became the first state to use ranked-choice voting in a national election and saw the Democrats take control of both the Maine House and Senate.
BANGOR - Recent weather patterns have caused more potholes to form on many Bangor roads. The Public Works Department is getting a head start on filling them.
STATEWIDE - Many campers come to Maine each year looking for the great outdoor experience. University of Maine researchers, however, are asking those visitors to leave their firewood behind.
GOULDSBORO - Two people are dead and another injured after a motor vehicle crash on Tuesday morning.
NEWPORT - The holiday season is one of giving. A local organization did their best to give back to a family who needs it.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Wisconsin woman gives out marijuana-laced cookies during St. Patrick’s Day parade, police say
- White House, Congress preparing for release of Mueller report
- Sexual abuse of boys and men is emerging as one of the most under-reported weapons of war
- Economic models indicate Trump on track to win re-election in 'landslide': report
- US military vet recounts arrests in Haiti to AP
- DoubleTree hotel apologizes for sign refusing service to military members during post-deployment ceremony: ‘Very offensive’
- The Latest: Death toll from Iraq ferry sinking rises to 71
- NGOs urge France to ban arm sales to Saudi Arabia
- Brent Bozell calls tech industry liberal bias 'the greatest threat to liberty in history'
- Prosecutors: Clear dead serial rapist of 1983 Florida murder
- John Walker Lindh should not be released to 'sow hate and terrorism:' James Foley's mom
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump takes credit for law named after McCain
- 2 tied to charity-gone-wrong story arrive in Baltimore
- Connecticut diocese settles priest abuse lawsuits for $3.5M
- Shocking 'Terminator-like' liquid metal developed by scientists
- Trump continues to criticize McCain after bipartisan criticism
- Mom defends Disney-inspired baby name after trolls mock it online: It 'suits her'
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- US figure skater Mariah Bell accused of purposely cutting South Korean opponent at world championships
- Boston Red Sox minor league affiliate plans to 'celebrate' Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez engagement
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress