Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - The gift of love comes in many forms. On Valentine's Day, which this year falls on Thursday, patients at Beacon Hospice in Bangor will receive that gift in the form of a colorful collection of cards filled with inspirational and caring messages.
STATEWIDE - With Valentine's Day just around the corner, many local florists are getting ready for the busy holiday.
LINCOLN - On Tuesday, officials from Penobscot Valley Hospital announced their decision to file for bankruptcy protection. It comes after years of tough economic conditions in the Lincoln area.
SOMESVILLE - It was just last January when two young girls and a father were rescued after falling through the ice of Long Pond in Southwest Harbor. More than a year later, those first responders are being honored in a special way.
BANGOR - We got a taste of snow today, but there will be plenty more this weekend. Many areas are expected to see more than a foot of snow, which will greatly affect weekend travel plans.
AUGUSTA - During her inaugural address, Governor Janet Mills announced she would create an Office of Innovation and the Future to tackle major policy challenges.
On Thursday, she made good on that promise.
AUGUSTA - Governor Janet Mills and her office continue to work on the state budget ahead of its due date. On Tuesday, the Maine Center for Economic Policy released its own state budget plan, focusing on prosperity.
AUGUSTA - A number of gun control bills will make their way through the legislature this session. Lawmakers continue to debate different firearm regulations, including background checks and 'red flag' measures.
WARREN - A group of inmates at the Maine State Prison have been given an opportunity at education. The partnership between the Department of Corrections and University of Maine at Augusta is helping give prisoners a second chance.
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Man seriously injured in motorcycle accident
- Woman seriously hurt in motorcycle crash
- State Police are investigating a fatal crash in Howland
- Annual Relay for Life kicks off
- CDC says restaurant worker had hepatitis
- Medway drug incidents lead to arrests
- Woman charged with stealing $100K from Hancock County nonprofit
- Angry Dem says Trump ‘raping the country,’ as impeachment push nears critical mass
- Tennessee House speaker to resign over text scandal after 'no confidence' vote
- States sue over rule allowing clinicians to refuse abortions
- Joe Biden builds massive lead among black voters
- Reps. Cunningham, Spanberger, Sherrill, Torres Small: Rural Americans need high-speed internet, too
- Karl Rove: Trump campaign 'feels very cautious' about chances in Rust Belt states
- Tennessee murder victim found holding piece of paper with suspect’s license plate on it: report
- That loose change left at airports may be used to help fund border operations
- House Dem speaks about her own abortion: Government has 'no right in my uterus'
- Carson clashes with Dems over proposal to block illegal immigrants from public housing
- 'Over The Rainbow' composer sues Apple, Google and Amazon for piracy
- Freelance reporter wants police to return seized property
- Tornado spotted near Tulsa airport, water rescues reported across Oklahoma as severe threat shifts east
- Subtropical storm Andrea forms southwest of Bermuda days before 2019 hurricane season begins
- Carnival worker accused of groping Montana police detective
- UN envoy warns Libya is on verge of descending to civil war
- NPR style boss instructs staff on abortion terminology: 'Babies are not babies until they are born'
- This yellow Egyptian glass was forged by a meteorite impact 29 million years ago
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Patrick Mahomes reveals how far he took his ketchup obsession
- Antonio Brown tweets ‘two face’ after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger apologizes for dissing him
- Joe Namath: Choosing to play for the New York Jets was a 'no-brainer'
- Women's World Cup ticket holders learn some seats are separated
- Baltimore Ravens' Hayden Hurst turns to social media to help find woman from flight
- Washington Redskins' Reuben Foster tears ACL on third rep of organized team activities: report
- Illinois standout Bobby Roundtree able to 'eat and speak normally' after spinal surgery, official says
- Tom Brady pledges to break diet and eat this if ‘Jeopardy!’ phenom lost
- Antetokounmpo funds basketball court in fire-ravaged Greece
- Pro women hockey players form union in step toward league
- Yanks, Red Sox play on artificial turf London
- Indiana college softball team pulls off stunning hidden-ball trick to advance to World Series