Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - Members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce were talking trash at their early bird breakfast Wednesday morning.
BANGOR - Several schools in the Bangor and Orono areas are on lockdown Wednesday morning after alleged social media threats.
Bangor Superintendent Betsy Webb sent out a message via Twitter saying: "All Bangor schools are currently in lockdown due to an alleged social media threat to the Doughty School and Bangor High. Students are safe in the schools. We are working with the Bangor Police who are on site at all schools. We will keep parents informed."
BREWER - Coffee was poured and tables were set Wednesday morning, as the American Red Cross of Northern and Eastern Maine invited the community to Brewer for a special breakfast.
SWANVILLE - A Waldo County man has been charged with the murder of 26-year-old Shane Sauer of Belfast. The shooting happened sometime before 4:45 this morning.
BANGOR - Time to break out the cowboy hats. The Professional Bull Riders are in town for the Velocity Tour Bangor Classic.
BANGOR - The most recent government shutdown created a period of financial uncertainty for many federal employees. While financial stress is inevitable, preparation can help alleviate that burden.
BANGOR - The winter weather kept many people off the roads today, making some local store owners nervous about their Valentine's Day sales.
BANGOR - The gift of love comes in many forms. On Valentine's Day, which this year falls on Thursday, patients at Beacon Hospice in Bangor will receive that gift in the form of a colorful collection of cards filled with inspirational and caring messages.
STATEWIDE - With Valentine's Day just around the corner, many local florists are getting ready for the busy holiday.
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Bangor PD's newest K9 team hits the streets
- PCHC reports possible data breach
- Bangor police seeking leads on vandalism cases
- Census Bureau: Mailing to Fairfield resident 'legit'
- Trial for man accused in stabbing death underway
- Hawaii telescope operators abandoned millions of dollars worth of instrumentation, evacuated employees amid Mauna Kea protests
- Omar introduces resolution defending boycott of Israel, likens it to boycotts of Nazi Germany, Soviet Union
- Will Omar and Tlaib get OK to visit Israel? It may be all up to Netanyahu
- Bernie Sanders says his $40 trillion Medicare-for-all plan would help US save money
- Victor Davis Hanson: America does not have be perfect to be good (despite what radical progressives tell us)
- Siblings who claimed income taxes 'against God's will' ordered to pay $1.4 million
- Miley Cyrus twerks, takes the FaceApp challenge and sees 'them aliens' in Twitter posts
- At least 12 believed dead, 35 injured in arson at Japanese film studio
- DNA from cigarette butts links man to 12-year-old's kidnapping, sexual assault: prosecutors
- Harris stands by debate attacks against Biden: We have to 'remember our history'
- LAPD officer linked to two separate rape cases by DNA 'cold match': police
- Airline deletes tweet about where to sit on plane to best survive crash
- Famed Crystal Cathedral reopens as Roman Catholic church after $72M renovation
- Creator of 'Storm Area 51' comes forward after satirical Facebook page takes off
- 6-year-old girl killed in freak golf course accident
- Florida dad threw son, 5, into ocean to ‘teach him to swim’: cops
- Thousands of Puerto Ricans gather to demand governor's resignation
- Trump hosts victims of religious persecution at White House
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games
- Dodgers' Roberts surprised Jansen changed mind on injury
- Lawyer to be Mexico's first body builder at Pan Am Games
- Dillon, Etienne among top runners in ACC Atlantic Division
- Former Auburn assistant basketball coach avoids prison
- Portrush attendance 2nd highest in British Open history
- Pumpsie Green, first black player on Boston Red Sox, dies at 85
- Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens was among those who watched Babe Ruth call his shot
- Arizona Cardinals cut lineman Desmond Harrison after warrant reportedly issued for his arrest
- Chicago Bears' Cordarrelle Patterson has interesting thoughts on being a Super Bowl champion
- World Cup champ Allie Long receives new key to New York City after first one was stolen
- Naomi Osaka on driving force behind her will to succeed: 'Be the best or I'm going to be homeless'