Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
ELLSWORTH - After 37 years of service, Dorothy Small has decided to turn in her badge. Better known as Dotty, the Ellsworth detective was the first woman officer in Hancock County.
SKOWHEGAN - The Skowhegan State Fair has been providing entertainment for 200 years. The nation's longest consecutive running agricultural fair kicked off on Thursday, and has something for just about anyone.
CHELSEA - Maine veterans and officials gathered at the Togus campus to celebrate the future arrival of the state's first Fisher House.
BELFAST - Construction work continues at Waldo County General Hospital during its expansion process.
WINTER HARBOR - The Schoodic Peninsula offers an arts scene that attracts people from all over. Schoodic Arts for All is in its twentieth year, and this summers arts festival is providing workshops and performances that appeal to a wide range of interests.
BREWER - The noise of renovations in downtown Brewer continue to surround Center and Betton Street. Repaving of streets, installation of new lights and work on the new Riverwalk Trail are all part of a big picture.
MOUNT DESERT - People everywhere carry pieces of their history with them in the form of pictures and items. A new project launched by The Mount Desert Island Historical Society is giving people a chance to share those pieces of history.
WATERVILLE - Families everywhere are affected by the traumas of war and terrorism. Project Common Bond has spent 11 years helping those affected in a program designed for healing.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - Tourists make stops all along the Maine coast in the summer, many in search for the best lobster. Bait prices continue to rise for many lobstermen, but demand for Maine's famous crustacean remains the same.
AUGUSTA - Twenty-one organizations rallied together Saturday morning to oppose the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. The event took place between the Maine State House and Cross Building.
- Detour set for Thomas Hill Standpipe tours
- Brewer man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police identify woman pinned by vehicle
- Merchants Plaza closed to traffic, parking
- Road work affecting Hammond Street
- Sheriff's deputies investigating fatal Eddington incident
- Orrington standoff suspects appear in court
- Maine Game Warden charged after alleged Bangor assault
- FDA-approved CBD oils allowed on airplanes
- Victim of deadly crash in Glenburn identified
- Bangor animal shelter needs cat food
- Gifford's official ice cream of New England Pats
- Bucksport sees upturn among small businesses
- Changes made to Community Connector routes
- Sewer work to affect Parker Street
- Police investigating murder-suicide
- Augusta drug store robbed
- California priest ousted after car accident reveals he stole over $95,000 cash from churchgoers
- Pakistani PM opens door to prisoner swap with US to free 'hero' doctor who helped track bin Laden
- Millions should stop taking aspirin for heart health, study says
- Trump mocks Tlaib for ‘screaming’ at 2016 speech: ‘This is not a sane person’
- Cesar Sayoc lawyers say 'hoax devices' warrant 10 years in slammer, not life
- Todd Starnes: Pro-Trump beauty queen dethroned over love for cops, country – MAGA hate is an ugly thing
- Lisa Rinna says daughter's mental health struggles were caused by childhood infection
- Gaffe-prone Boris Johnson seeks to turbo-charge Britain's departure from EU, prove he's modern-day Winston Churchill
- Tiananmen Square massacre mastermind known as the 'Butcher of Beijing' dies
- Daily searches suspended for bikini-clad woman who vanished in Mojave Desert
- Agriculture Secretary Perdue: Food stamps must go to those who truly need them – but let's cut out the waste
- Louisiana police officers fired over Facebook post suggesting AOC should be shot
- Body of supermarket employee found inside store, behind cooler nearly 10 years after he was first reported missing: police
- Former brewer Hickenlooper says he wants to bring ‘harmony, hope, and hops to Washington’
- Republicans launch Mueller hearing war room, aim to turn tables on Dem 'photo op'
- 'Old Town Road' by Lil Nas X ties with Mariah Carey, 'Despactio's' Billboard record
- Navy improves helicopter-fired laser weapons to counter mines
- Giuliani shreds de Blasio over videos of NYPD officers doused with water: ‘He’s a disgrace’
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Women’s soccer champ Rose Lavelle meets Rose Lavelle: 'Hopefully everyone will forget about old Rose Lavelle'
- Soccer superstar Lionel Messi stuns English boy, 11, play pickup game during beach vacation
- Zion Williamson is latest to drop off Team USA roster, amid minor injury, conditioning concerns
- Spurs great Tim Duncan returns to team as assistant coach under Popovich
- Cowboys, Yankees tops as Forbes releases list of most valuable sports franchises
- Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won't face criminal charges over rape claims, prosecutors say
- Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter
- Shaquille O’Neal gets rowdy in mosh pit at Tomorrowland music festival
- Michigan's Harbaugh comes up with new idea after taking fire for saying players could lie about mental health
- Widow of baseball great Roy Halladay delivers emotional Hall of Fame tribute
- Budding NFL player who lost arm in accident will have medical bills paid by Dolphins
- Shane Lowry wins British Open in celebrated return to Emerald Isle