Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
PITTSFIELD - Over time, manufacturing jobs have left towns like Pittsfield. Thanks to a 1.1 million dollar economic development grant, the town has expanded its industrial park to make room for new business.
MACHIAS - The DownEast Teen Leadership Camp (DELTC) kicked off on Monday at the University of Maine at Machias. The camp helps empower teens to refrain from substance abuse and make healthy choices.
WATERVILLE - Nine local field hockey teams came together on Saturday to help raise money in the fight against breast cancer. The Central Maine Battle for Breast Cancer tournament is in its eighth year, and it continues to help those who need it.
AMHERST - The kids of Brookside Youth Group are using some of their summer time to give back. Amherst-Aurora Congregational Church in Amherst has been standing for 185 years, and with the help of these volunteers, it looks to stand for much longer.
BANGOR - Problem gambling affects everyone, even our youth. A new campaign seeks to spread awareness on the dangers that can be caused by gambling, specifically for kids.
ORONO - With over 300 million people on Twitter every single day, University of Maine sociologist Karyn Sporer is using the social media platform as a tool to identify sympathizers of extreme violence.
BANGOR - New murals are on display at the Maine Mental Health Connections building. The artwork depicts some of Maine's most influential people and gives new life to the area.
PITTSFIELD - The Central Maine Egg Festival and Kiwanis Carnival are underway in Pittsfield this week.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Shocking 'Terminator-like' liquid metal developed by scientists
- Trump continues to criticize McCain after bipartisan criticism
- Mom defends Disney-inspired baby name after trolls mock it online: It 'suits her'
- Student suspended for recreating battlefield cross speaks out
- Jana Kramer fires back at online trolls for 'bullying' her 3-year-old daughter: 'Don’t pick on my child'
- K-pop singer arrested over allegations that he illegally shared sexually explicit videos of women
- Ingraham to Trump: You've stepped on your own message by focusing on McCain, Conway
- Beto O’Rourke does not support Warren's Big Tech breakup plan
- Use this trick to shop at Costco without a membership
- Insta-gram: Teen accused of using platform to advertise weed
- Video shows 171 migrants crawling through hole under border fence in Yuma, Arizona
- Report: Great Lakes feeling effects of rapid climate warming
- 'Forrest Gump' sequel that included Princess Diana, OJ Simpson's Bronco was scrapped after 9/11: screenwriter
- Study suggests there’s a 'smell test' for Parkinson's disease
- German prosecutors interview ex-Stasi agents over Lockerbie
- Darden Restaurants shares rise on 3Q earnings
- Bride was diagnosed with cancer days before dream wedding
- 'Empire' creator Lee Daniels talks 'pain,' 'anger' and 'sadness' following the Jussie Smollett scandal
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater