Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
AUGUSTA - The Maine Heritage Policy Center recently released a report that outlines Maine's ballot initiative process, including its history and how the process may be affected by outside influence.
BELFAST - In the past month, Waldo County authorities have responded to eight overdoses and five drug arrests related to trafficking cocaine and heroin. The opioid crisis and drug addiction in general is affecting the entire country, leaving law enforcement and medical personnel to try and solve the giant problem.
DEXTER - Maine lobster may be the state's most famous food attraction, but the red snapper hot dog also deserves a spot in Maine's food hall of fame.
ELLSWORTH - After 37 years of service, Dorothy Small has decided to turn in her badge. Better known as Dotty, the Ellsworth detective was the first woman officer in Hancock County.
SKOWHEGAN - The Skowhegan State Fair has been providing entertainment for 200 years. The nation's longest consecutive running agricultural fair kicked off on Thursday, and has something for just about anyone.
CHELSEA - Maine veterans and officials gathered at the Togus campus to celebrate the future arrival of the state's first Fisher House.
BELFAST - Construction work continues at Waldo County General Hospital during its expansion process.
WINTER HARBOR - The Schoodic Peninsula offers an arts scene that attracts people from all over. Schoodic Arts for All is in its twentieth year, and this summers arts festival is providing workshops and performances that appeal to a wide range of interests.
BREWER - The noise of renovations in downtown Brewer continue to surround Center and Betton Street. Repaving of streets, installation of new lights and work on the new Riverwalk Trail are all part of a big picture.
MOUNT DESERT - People everywhere carry pieces of their history with them in the form of pictures and items. A new project launched by The Mount Desert Island Historical Society is giving people a chance to share those pieces of history.
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Man seriously injured in motorcycle accident
- Woman seriously hurt in motorcycle crash
- State Police are investigating a fatal crash in Howland
- Annual Relay for Life kicks off
- CDC says restaurant worker had hepatitis
- Medway drug incidents lead to arrests
- Woman charged with stealing $100K from Hancock County nonprofit
- Joe Biden builds massive lead among black voters
- Reps. Cunningham, Spanberger, Sherrill, Torres Small: Rural Americans need high-speed internet, too
- Karl Rove: Trump campaign 'feels very cautious' about chances in Rust Belt states
- Tennessee murder victim found holding piece of paper with suspect’s license plate on it: report
- That loose change left at airports may be used to help fund border operations
- House Dem speaks about her own abortion: Government has 'no right in my uterus'
- Carson clashes with Dems over proposal to block illegal immigrants from public housing
- 'Over The Rainbow' composer sues Apple, Google and Amazon for piracy
- Freelance reporter wants police to return seized property
- Tornado spotted near Tulsa airport, water rescues reported across Oklahoma as severe threat shifts east
- Subtropical storm Andrea forms southwest of Bermuda days before 2019 hurricane season begins
- Carnival worker accused of groping Montana police detective
- UN envoy warns Libya is on verge of descending to civil war
- NPR style boss instructs staff on abortion terminology: 'Babies are not babies until they are born'
- This yellow Egyptian glass was forged by a meteorite impact 29 million years ago
- New Jersey man who allegedly urinated on cancer victim's memorial is fired by dad from family business
- Scientists went to one of the world's most remote island atolls. They found 414 million pieces of plastic
- Fast-food chains react to Kim Kardashian’s Jack in the Box tweet
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Antonio Brown tweets ‘two face’ after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger apologizes for dissing him
- Joe Namath: Choosing to play for the New York Jets was a 'no-brainer'
- Women's World Cup ticket holders learn some seats are separated
- Baltimore Ravens' Hayden Hurst turns to social media to help find woman from flight
- Washington Redskins' Reuben Foster tears ACL on third rep of organized team activities: report
- Illinois standout Bobby Roundtree able to 'eat and speak normally' after spinal surgery, official says
- Tom Brady pledges to break diet and eat this if ‘Jeopardy!’ phenom lost
- Antetokounmpo funds basketball court in fire-ravaged Greece
- Pro women hockey players form union in step toward league
- Yanks, Red Sox play on artificial turf London
- Indiana college softball team pulls off stunning hidden-ball trick to advance to World Series
- Warriors defeat Blazers 119-117 in OT, heading to fifth straight NBA finals