Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BUCKSPORT - Construction is underway at the Buckstown Heritage Park. The industrial area will soon be home to two new seafood processing facilities.
BAR HARBOR - The summer season is coming to a close and businesses in Bar Harbor are getting ready for a busy fall.
NEWPORT - For nearly twenty years, the North Country Inter Tribal Pow Wow has been helping Mainers celebrate their Native American heritage.
SKOWHEGAN - The third annual Skowhegan Craft Brew Festival will be going on this Saturday. The one-day event will feature thirty different breweries, wineries and distilleries.
BLUE HILL - The Blue Hill Fair has helped close out the Maine summer for over a century. This weekend, visitors and natives alike will enjoy its food, animals and country atmosphere.
BANGOR - The location of a future medical marijuana retail store is causing some major controversy with nearby business owners and residents.
BAR HARBOR - We may one day have access to drugs that help trigger regeneration in damaged tissues and organs thanks to scientists from the MDI Biological Laboratory and University of Maine.
BANGOR - Families and friends got together at Hayford Park in Bangor today for the 11th annual Bangor Walk to Defeat ALS.
BANGOR - In 2002 the National Folk Festival came to Bangor, using its location for three years before moving to a different part of the country. Even though it moved, the festival left behind an event that Bangor could call its own.
SURRY - Since 1872, the Old Surry School house has served as a school, firehouse and community center. The town repossessed the building a few year ago and planned on burning it down, but a public campaign made sure that wouldn't happen.
- Restored train depot part of town's bicentennial bash
- Woman killed in I-95 crash identified
- Senator Collins casts 7,000th vote
- Historical society's summer tour season begins
- Belfast welcomes new businesses
- Maine adopts stricter car seat safety law
- Longtime Broadway business to close its doors
- Man arrested on drug charge to be extradited to Pennsylvania
- Governor signs bill creating automatic voter registration system
- I-95 crash in Howland leaves 1 dead
- Overnight repairs Thursday at Broadway, Burleigh intersection
- City wants to improve intersection
- Local man honored for 57 years with Greyhound
- A reminder when it comes to young wildlife..."if you care...leave them there"
- Pennsylvania men face drug charges after Medway search
- Two arrested in connection with Medway burglary
- Hero 9/11 first responder makes emotional plea in his "final interview" from hospice care
- Carrie Underwood gushes over Mike Fisher, reveals how she knew they were 'meant to be'
- Ex-Obama adviser Rhodes: Iran debacle 'predictable,' 'everything's gotten worse' under Trump
- Former child star Mason Reese, 54, says adult entertainer girlfriend, 26, can’t keep up with his sex drive
- 'Today Show' awkwardly ignores Matt Lauer in its 25th anniversary celebration
- German man accused of killing new bride in 48-hour BDSM session
- Sacramento cop shot by gunman in possible ambush: report
- AOC's 'concentration camps' rhetoric is 'demoralizing' agents, acting ICE chief says
- Jason Nichols: Slavery reparations deserve serious study – Congress should act because justice demands it
- Alan Dershowitz: Trump 'perfectly entitled to invoke executive privilege'
- Hannity to CNN boss: 'You should be ashamed of yourself' for letting Don Lemon make Hitler comparison
- Suspect charged with punching Walmart greeter, 72, knocking him out: reports
- Syrian refugee arrested in plot to bomb Pittsburgh church for ISIS, feds say
- Joe Biden says Cory Booker 'should apologize' for slam over working with segregationist senators
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champ James Holzhauer donates to pancreatic cancer charity walk in Trebek's honor
- Trust in single power line played role in Argentine outage
- Prosecutors: Syrian man planned ISIS-fueled church bombing
- Jesse Watters: Comparing Parkland shooting victim dropped by Harvard to shooter is 'irresponsible'
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ex-Oklahoma star Baker Mayfield revs up Red River Rivalry, rips Texas quarterback
- Los Angeles Lakers' Moritz Wagner apologizes for liking tweet defending George Zimmerman
- Kevin Durant recruitment stands pop up around New York City as Knicks fans hope to lure star to Big Apple
- Phil Mickelson comes to grim conclusion about chances of winning elusive US Open title
- Magic Johnson says he was giving Lakers front office notes on Anthony Davis trade
- One-handed baseball player, 13, has sights set on majors
- Toronto Raptors coach Nick Nurse on potential White House visit: 'Let's go see Trudeau'
- Argentina overcomes late 3-goal deficit, knocks out Scotland
- England beats Japan 2-0 to clinch top spot in Group D
- Hachimura hopes his success helps growth of Japan basketball
- Tampa Bay's Nikita Kucherov wins Hart, Lindsay at NHL Awards
- NFL teams up with NCAA for next round of safety improvements