Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - One man fought against all odds to complete his journey along the Appalachian Trail. Family members surprised the hiker in Bangor today to congratulate him on his accomplishment.
SULLIVAN - For over 50 years, the Smelt Brook Dam has separated a fresh water stream from the nearby Frenchman Bay. This week the Downeast Salmon Federation will be removing the dam in order to restore the salt marsh ecosystem and help smelt return to the area.
ORONO - Campus hazing continues to be a concern among colleges all around the country. Researchers at the University of Maine recently released a toolkit that presents a framework for hazing prevention.
BANGOR - As Hurricane Florence makes it way through the Carolinas, repair crews are headed south to help deal with the damage.
KNOX - One person is dead and three others are injured after a barn collapse this morning in the town of Knox. The structure collapse occurred off of Belfast Road in Knox just before 9:25 this morning.
GREENVILLE - A fire aboard the Katahdin steamboat abruptly halted cruises earlier this summer, but now the 104-year-old vessel is back and trying to make up for lost income.
ELLSWORTH - Seventeen years gone, and the memory of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks still paint a vivid picture in the minds of all those who experienced the day.
BANGOR - Over 300 cars, trucks and motorcycles were put on display today for the eleventh annual Bangor Car Show.
BREWER - Over the past year, Brewer's economic development team has made big strides towards revitalizing the city. The progress has been attracting businesses and people to the area.
- Hampden man admits to Bangor credit union robbery
- Arrest made in Union Street shooting
- Couple in Maine to encourage animal adoptions
- Maine child to share diabetes experience with Congress
- Woman dies in weekend motorcycle crash
- Gideon to take on Collins in 2020
- GE Power marks 50 years in business
- New Middle Eastern restaurant opens
- Bangor church closes after 165 years
- Bangor Pride Week draws to a close
- Alzheimer's Association holds Longest Day fundraiser
- Tractor-trailer gets stuck on bridge
- UPDATE: Victim of fatal crash identified
- UPDATE: Stranded hikers rescued
- Homeowners displaced after fire
- Efforts to rescue two stranded hikers
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Border crisis -- Congress must provide funds to respond to the emergency, not perpetuate it
- Heatwave to scorch Europe, France amid Women's World Cup as hot weather alerts triggered
- John Stamos breaks silence on Lori Loughlin being written out of 'Fuller House' Season 5
- Puppy abandoned on side of Mississippi road in armchair, animal control says
- 7-year fight for Lake Washington shoreline ends with Seattle paying $800G to property owners, turning lot into public park
- White House threatens veto on House border bill
- White House threatens veto on current House emergency aid bill
- Trump accuser says most people think of rape as being 'sexy' in interview
- ‘Cursed’ wedding ring found zip-tied to steelhead’s tail during fishing tournament
- Liberal site rips Holocaust Museum for its 'dreadful' intervention in 'concentration camps' debate
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is the ultimate family man and here are the quotes that prove it
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry spend $3M of taxpayers’ cash on Frogmore Cottage refurb: report
- Miss Hooters Tennessee contestant arrested for allegedly thrashing boyfriend’s house: report
- Emergency aid bill challenges Pelosi’s grip on Democrats
- Prosecution expert witness admits no evidence of stab wound in Navy SEAL war crimes trial
- New Jersey woman charged in the fatal stabbing of her identical twin
- Man allegedly shoots infant in head after mom spurns his advances: report
- Chicago 6-month-old on life support after cops say mom slammed him into furniture: report
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Florida Panthers draft pick had driver's test same day he was selected
- Christine Sinclair tributes pour in after Canada eliminated from Women's World Cup
- US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe hypes match against France: 'I hope it's a total s--t show circus'
- Trump says US soccer star Megan Rapinoe's protest during national anthem is wrong
- Warriors GM to meet soon with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
- Tiger Woods no longer target of wrongful-death suit
- Sweden eases past Canada to reach Women's World Cup quarterfinals
- Mets manager Callaway, pitcher Vargas fined after fiery confrontation with reporter
- Megan Rapinoe's goals from the spot give US women 2-1 win over Spain, setup France meeting
- Phoenix Suns' Josh Jackson accused of getting 5-month-old daughter high with marijuana use: report
- New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett reveals where his NFL allegiances lay
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay engaged to longtime model girlfriend Veronika Khomyn