Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BLUE HILL - Students from the Blue Hill Consolidated School spent Wednesday afternoon outside and working.
BLUE HILL - Two organized community searches have been scheduled for a missing Blue Hill woman. Jessica Grindle was last seen in late July, and her family continues to search for answers regarding her disappearance.
BANGOR - A new collection of model airplanes were put on display at the Maine Air Museum today. The man who donated the planes spent nearly 30 years of his life working on them.
BRADFORD - The cold air is starting to creep in and homeowners are getting their heat sources ready for the winter.
ROCKLAND - One boy has been traveling all over the country to say thanks to police officers. Today he made his stop in Maine, bringing with him the tasty treat he's known for.
WATERVILLE - Students will no longer need to submit standardized test scores when applying to Colby College.
HALLOWELL - A new study by Maine's Office of the Public Advocate is trying to help low-income families improve their home energy efficiency.
BELFAST - There's lots of people contributing to the latest Habitat for Humanity building project in Waldo County. Volunteers from Bank of America were at the site earlier today to help.
BANGOR - For fifty years, Bangor International Airport has been serving people from all over the world. It's location has made it a popular spot for planes of all shapes and sizes.
- Hampden man admits to Bangor credit union robbery
- Arrest made in Union Street shooting
- Couple in Maine to encourage animal adoptions
- Maine child to share diabetes experience with Congress
- Woman dies in weekend motorcycle crash
- Gideon to take on Collins in 2020
- GE Power marks 50 years in business
- New Middle Eastern restaurant opens
- Bangor church closes after 165 years
- Bangor Pride Week draws to a close
- Alzheimer's Association holds Longest Day fundraiser
- Tractor-trailer gets stuck on bridge
- UPDATE: Victim of fatal crash identified
- UPDATE: Stranded hikers rescued
- Homeowners displaced after fire
- Efforts to rescue two stranded hikers
- Congress scrambles to agree on emergency border bill as White House, liberal Dems clash
- New Jersey cold case includes ransom phone call that said 'your daughter's life is the buttered topping'
- Bangladeshi 'Tree Man' begs for hands to be amputated to relieve pain, report says
- How Martian microbes could survive in the salty puddles of the Red Planet
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Border crisis -- Congress must provide funds to respond to the emergency, not perpetuate it
- Heatwave to scorch Europe, France amid Women's World Cup as hot weather alerts triggered
- John Stamos breaks silence on Lori Loughlin being written out of 'Fuller House' Season 5
- Puppy abandoned on side of Mississippi road in armchair, animal control says
- 7-year fight for Lake Washington shoreline ends with Seattle paying $800G to property owners, turning lot into public park
- White House threatens veto on House border bill
- White House threatens veto on current House emergency aid bill
- Trump accuser says most people think of rape as being 'sexy' in interview
- ‘Cursed’ wedding ring found zip-tied to steelhead’s tail during fishing tournament
- Liberal site rips Holocaust Museum for its 'dreadful' intervention in 'concentration camps' debate
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is the ultimate family man and here are the quotes that prove it
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry spend $3M of taxpayers’ cash on Frogmore Cottage refurb: report
- Miss Hooters Tennessee contestant arrested for allegedly thrashing boyfriend’s house: report
- Emergency aid bill challenges Pelosi’s grip on Democrats
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Brett Favre spikes any chance of football comeback: 'The last thing I want to do is come back and play'
- ‘Make it crappy’: Adam Eaton supports minor-league exploitation
- Why Cam Newton offered passenger $1,500 to switch seat on flight from Paris
- Florida Panthers draft pick had driver's test same day he was selected
- Christine Sinclair tributes pour in after Canada eliminated from Women's World Cup
- US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe hypes match against France: 'I hope it's a total s--t show circus'
- Trump says US soccer star Megan Rapinoe's protest during national anthem is wrong
- Warriors GM to meet soon with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
- Tiger Woods no longer target of wrongful-death suit
- Sweden eases past Canada to reach Women's World Cup quarterfinals
- Mets manager Callaway, pitcher Vargas fined after fiery confrontation with reporter
- Megan Rapinoe's goals from the spot give US women 2-1 win over Spain, setup France meeting