Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
AUGUSTA - During her inaugural address, Governor Janet Mills announced she would create an Office of Innovation and the Future to tackle major policy challenges.
On Thursday, she made good on that promise.
AUGUSTA - Governor Janet Mills and her office continue to work on the state budget ahead of its due date. On Tuesday, the Maine Center for Economic Policy released its own state budget plan, focusing on prosperity.
AUGUSTA - A number of gun control bills will make their way through the legislature this session. Lawmakers continue to debate different firearm regulations, including background checks and 'red flag' measures.
WARREN - A group of inmates at the Maine State Prison have been given an opportunity at education. The partnership between the Department of Corrections and University of Maine at Augusta is helping give prisoners a second chance.
MILLINOCKET - Last week, Baxter State Park rangers rescued a father and son from whiteout conditions on Mt. Katahdin. Winter hiking can be challenging, and proper preparation is a must.
BANGOR - According to the State Fire Marshal's Office, there were 22 fire-related fatalities in 2018.
12 of those victims were age 60 or older.
STATEWIDE - Governor Janet Mills spent her first day in office signing an executive order for medicaid expansion.
- Waldo County EMA to test alert system with text Friday
- DOT's 'Bridge Bracket Madness' to determine Maine's best bridge
- Father killed baby in Presque Isle murder-suicide, police say
- Police: deadly Swanville confrontation was over woman
- Women rescued from icy coastal trail
- Man accused of sex assault of minor
- Visitors to rural areas could boost economy
- Physics students create snow art
- Gas tax increase could fund road repairs
- Acting U.S. interior secretary visits Maine
- 81st annual sportsmen's show draws thousands
- MDOT funds Lincoln area projects
- Farmers get early monetary boost at CSA Fair
- Oxford fire chief laid to rest
- Police investigating murder-suicide in Presque Isle
- RSU 22 schools making up unplanned snow days
- Guaido supporters in Venezuela 'took control' of diplomatic buildings, US says
- Pence to visit Nebraska to survey flood damage, Sanders announces
- AP source: Justice Dept. probing development of Boeing jets
- Midwest floods devastate Nebraska city, leaving many without homes
- Ardern vows to deny accused mosque gunman notoriety he seeks
- New York mom gives birth to 15-pound baby girl: 'It was pretty violent'
- Palestinian agency urges donors: Match 2018 funds in 2019
- Fox News Digital beats CNN to finish No. 1 in multi-platform views, total minutes in February
- After Trump again seeks to defund PBS, network's chief insists network provides 'high value'
- Pro-Thaksin candidates adopt his name in Thai election
- Karl Rove: Dems facing their own 'Tea Party' revolution
- Mom charged in killing of LA-area girl found in duffel bag
- Democrats claim world will end in 12 years, scientists disagree
- Cory Booker denies he's a socialist, says he wouldn't pardon Trump if he were president
- Mike Pompeo jokes he'll be Secretary of State until the president 'tweets me out of office'
- New Hampshire shooting leaves 2 dead; 11-year-old boy reportedly in custody
- Florida man killed after car he was working on falls on him, deputies say
- Ben Sasse explains why he flipped on Trump's border emergency declaration
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- ESPNU show mistakenly shows NCAA women's basketball tournament bracket hours before official reveal
- Video of former Giants defensive lineman Barry Cofield's heroin arrest at gunpoint revealed
- Pro golfer Jon Rahm curses after ignoring caddie's advice at Players Championship
- NCAA March Madness 2019 bracket tips: 3 things to consider before picking your winners
- Ex-Philadelphia Phillies' infielder Carlos Santana took bat to TV over 'Fortnite': report
- NCAA men's basketball tournament teams who could cause first-round upsets
- Kansas City Chiefs' Tyreek Hill reportedly investigated over two incidents involving toddler son
- 'Game of Thrones' creator on Odell Beckham Jr. trade: 'Kill Me Now'
- SEE IT: Carolina Panthers lineman seen getting dropped in fight outside bar
- SEE IT: Carolina Panthers lineman seen getting knocked out in fight outside bar
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Michigan State’s Kyle Ahrens lands awkwardly on ankle, taken off court
- Johnny Manziel coming back to play football in the US