Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
Healthy ME - Sohonnel Thompson is the nurse manager at the Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center Intensive Care Unit. Wednesday morning she joined our morning team to kick off National Donate Life Month.
HAMPDEN - A Hampden road project could cause major traffic delays for local drivers, but according to Hampden's town manager, it'll be well worth it.
ORONO - The Universities of Maine in Orono and Machias officially passed the torch to its newest president during Friday morning's inauguration ceremony. Students, staff and honorable guests were at the Collins Center for the Arts to welcome President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
BANGOR - Members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce were talking trash at their early bird breakfast Wednesday morning.
BANGOR - Several schools in the Bangor and Orono areas are on lockdown Wednesday morning after alleged social media threats.
Bangor Superintendent Betsy Webb sent out a message via Twitter saying: "All Bangor schools are currently in lockdown due to an alleged social media threat to the Doughty School and Bangor High. Students are safe in the schools. We are working with the Bangor Police who are on site at all schools. We will keep parents informed."
BREWER - Coffee was poured and tables were set Wednesday morning, as the American Red Cross of Northern and Eastern Maine invited the community to Brewer for a special breakfast.
SWANVILLE - A Waldo County man has been charged with the murder of 26-year-old Shane Sauer of Belfast. The shooting happened sometime before 4:45 this morning.
BANGOR - Time to break out the cowboy hats. The Professional Bull Riders are in town for the Velocity Tour Bangor Classic.
BANGOR - The most recent government shutdown created a period of financial uncertainty for many federal employees. While financial stress is inevitable, preparation can help alleviate that burden.
- Jury sides with Augusta officer in excessive force lawsuit
- Teens safe after early morning crash on I95
- Fire leaves Lincoln family homeless
- Grand jury indicts man for allegedly beating infant son
- BREAKING: Jalique Keene found guilty of murder, rape of Bar Harbor teen
- Fire officials give grilling safety pointers
- 8th annual Miles for Mills 5K set for Monday
- Bangor Savings gives humane society $25K boost
- DAV's Forget-Me-Not fundraiser
- Former camper creates Bangor YMCA camp scholarships
- Hospital offering Stop the Bleed classes
- UMS board OKs $6.5 million hike in student aid
- Maine fine-tuning recreational marijuana retail rules
- Man accused of Swanville murder indicted
- Main Street road work set for Friday, Tuesday
- After delay, Penobscot Narrows Observatory to open Friday
- Calais nurses concerned hospital is unsafe for patients
- Police issue warning after reported car burglaries
- Collision shuts down Route 3 in Trenton
- Maine sees 1st measles case in 2 years
- Argentines want justice after police car chase leaves 4 dead
- Retiring mailman’s heartwarming sendoff goes viral
- Katie Pavlich defends Trump for defending himself, calls out MSNBC's Scarborough
- Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, and John Legend react to Adam Levine's sudden 'The Voice' exit
- Judge tells attacker to study Sikhs as part of sentence
- Blake Shelton steals a kiss with Gwen Stefani at Luke Bryan concert
- The Latest: Jayme Closs' family satisfied with sentence
- Alabama lawmakers pass bill to get around same-sex marriage licenses
- CNN's Brian Stelter defends Avenatti coverage, his past praise as a 2020 'contender'
- Statement of Jayme Closs at sentencing for abductor
- The Latest: Wisconsin man wrote of wanting to keep a girl
- Many factors helped save lives in Jefferson City twister
- The Latest: Wisconsin man gets life in Jayme Closs case
- Police defend social media deal with fugitive
- Struggling CNN lays off health unit staffers as headcount reduction moves forward
- Witnesses: Self-help guru's sexual exploits destroyed family
- Trump bypasses Congress on Saudi arms sales, citing Iran threat
- Hans von Spakovsky: Dems support cover-up by opposing Trump disclosure order on campaign surveillance
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Obama surprises kids at Washington Nationals academy: 'You're going to make a real difference'
- Lance Armstrong says he 'wouldn't change a thing' about doping scandal that cost him 7 Tour de France titles
- Olympian soccer player found dead in Colombia days after being reported missing
- Mallory Edens, daughter of Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, trolls Drake with shirt; rapper fires back
- Lillard, Kemba, LeBron among noteworthy All-NBA picks
- Arbitrator upholds Voynov suspension but says he served half
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River