Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - Two people were injured after shots were fired on Union Street in Bangor Tuesday morning, leaving neighbors and witnesses wondering what unfolded.
BANGOR - Thursday morning, students at All Saints Catholic School in Bangor made a generous donation to Catholic Charities Maine.
GLENBURN - A passing storm sent Glenburn firefighters to Pushaw Lake Monday for a quick and successful rescue. The two pedal boaters said they were thankful for the quick response.
BANGOR - We're less than a week away from the start of Bangor's summer concert series and local businesses are gearing up for what they expect to be a busy weekend and summer.
BANGOR - For the last 167 years Bangor Savings Bank has called Bangor its home. President & CEO of the bank, Robert Montgomery-Rice, says that's not going to change. The new waterfront campus solidifies the banks place in the city.
BANGOR - The man charged with attempted murder in connection with the downtown Bangor shooting appeared in a Penobscot County courtroom Monday. The incident took place Saturday evening, leaving one man in the hospital recovering from injuries.
BANGOR - In February Peter Kelleher, known as the Soupman, stopped at the Bangor Homeless Shelter to drop off backpacks and other items to those in need. Tuesday he was back, but with something different.
MILLINOCKET - Two women who were reported missing Monday afternoon in Millinocket have been found. Game wardens spotted the two in a car Tuesday morning stuck near the Caucomgomoc Lake region.
BANGOR - With the rain moving out of our area and the sun shining, it was a great day to spend outside. Many people gathered at the Bangor waterfront Sunday for the annual Erin's Run.
- Restored train depot part of town's bicentennial bash
- Woman killed in I-95 crash identified
- Senator Collins casts 7,000th vote
- Historical society's summer tour season begins
- Belfast welcomes new businesses
- Maine adopts stricter car seat safety law
- Longtime Broadway business to close its doors
- Man arrested on drug charge to be extradited to Pennsylvania
- Governor signs bill creating automatic voter registration system
- I-95 crash in Howland leaves 1 dead
- Overnight repairs Thursday at Broadway, Burleigh intersection
- City wants to improve intersection
- Local man honored for 57 years with Greyhound
- A reminder when it comes to young wildlife..."if you care...leave them there"
- Pennsylvania men face drug charges after Medway search
- Two arrested in connection with Medway burglary
- Judge vacates Arkansas man's death sentence in 1994 kidnap, murder of Texas girl
- Kansas man, Pennsylvania woman died suddenly in Dominican Republic, bringing US citizen death total to 11
- 'View' hosts press 2020 Dem on how much she sounds like Trump
- Adam Schiff pushes amendment to federal campaign law after Trump's foreign dirt comments
- Mother-in-law wears wedding dress to her son's wedding, but not for the reason people assumed
- Bernie Sanders battles MSNBC anchor over demanding Biden apology
- Putin says US military action against Iran would be a ‘catastrophe for the region’
- Kevin Spacey case: Court reveals graphic texts between accuser, his girlfriend
- Hero 9/11 first responder makes emotional plea in his "final interview" from hospice care
- Carrie Underwood gushes over Mike Fisher, reveals how she knew they were 'meant to be'
- Ex-Obama adviser Rhodes: Iran debacle 'predictable,' 'everything's gotten worse' under Trump
- Former child star Mason Reese, 54, says adult entertainer girlfriend, 26, can’t keep up with his sex drive
- 'Today Show' awkwardly ignores Matt Lauer in its 25th anniversary celebration
- German man accused of killing new bride in 48-hour BDSM session
- Sacramento cop shot by gunman in possible ambush: report
- AOC's 'concentration camps' rhetoric is 'demoralizing' agents, acting ICE chief says
- Jason Nichols: Slavery reparations deserve serious study – Congress should act because justice demands it
- Alan Dershowitz: Trump 'perfectly entitled to invoke executive privilege'
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ex-Oklahoma star Baker Mayfield revs up Red River Rivalry, rips Texas quarterback
- Los Angeles Lakers' Moritz Wagner apologizes for liking tweet defending George Zimmerman
- Kevin Durant recruitment stands pop up around New York City as Knicks fans hope to lure star to Big Apple
- Phil Mickelson comes to grim conclusion about chances of winning elusive US Open title
- Magic Johnson says he was giving Lakers front office notes on Anthony Davis trade
- One-handed baseball player, 13, has sights set on majors
- Toronto Raptors coach Nick Nurse on potential White House visit: 'Let's go see Trudeau'
- Argentina overcomes late 3-goal deficit, knocks out Scotland
- England beats Japan 2-0 to clinch top spot in Group D
- Hachimura hopes his success helps growth of Japan basketball
- Tampa Bay's Nikita Kucherov wins Hart, Lindsay at NHL Awards
- NFL teams up with NCAA for next round of safety improvements