Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
AUGUSTA - The recount for Maine's second congressional district continued today, and officials say they could finish the count sooner than originally expected.
BELFAST - Maine voters legalized recreational marijuana sales more than two years ago, but state regulators have yet to license the first retail store. The delay could be causing some losses in tax revenue.
MILLINOCKET - Thousands of runners overcame the freezing temperatures today for the fourth annual Millinocket Marathon. They were assisted by the many volunteers who lined the course.
AUGUSTA - Leaders and community members from across the state gathered in Augusta today to discuss the future of Maine's economy and environment.
AUGUSTA - In the midst of Bruce Poliquin's lawsuit against ranked-choice voting, the recount process for Congressional District 2 has begun. The hand count could to take up to four weeks.
AUGUSTA - It was swearing-in day for the 129th Maine Legislature. New lawmakers are getting ready for the next session, and today they elected the new constitutional officers.
MILLINOCKET - The Millinocket Marathon continues to grow, attracting runners from all over the region. The influx of people gives the town a much-needed boost during the slow season.
ELLSWORTH - This weekend, members of the Red Knights' Maine Chapter III were raising money for a number of local charities.
ELLSWORTH - Hundreds gathered in Ellsworth on Saturday for their 38th Annual Downtown Christmas Parade.
STATEWIDE - The passing of former President George H.W. Bush is drawing reactions from around the world.
As the nation mourns, so do the people of Maine, where the Bush family made a second home.
Saturday, Maine residents remembered the legacy of the 41st President.
- Downeast Horizons holds Christmas party for clients
- Ellsworth continues to look into banning plastic bags
- Orrington officials rethinking public safety building plans
- Charlotte man suffers burns in mobile home fire
- Small Maine school district's computer system hacked
- Pittsfield woman sentenced in federal drug case
- Court upholds Burton murder conviction
- LePage settles lawsuit claiming he censored Facebook comments
- Amazon price guide, the best smart speakers and more: Tech Q&A
- California's chief justice leaves GOP; cites Kavanaugh confirmation to Supreme Court
- Ed Rollins: Mr. Trump, Mueller's team is the best. Yours must be even better. -- Prep for battle and lawyer up
- The Ingraham Angle – Thursday, December 13
- Homeland Security reiterates dangers of illegal border crossing after migrant girl, 7, reported dead
- Ethiopia moving troops from Eritrean border amid new peace
- Kanye West goes on Twitter rant against Drake -- on Taylor Swift's birthday
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Thursday, December 13
- CBS looking to overhaul morning show year after Charlie Rose exit
- Lebanese wary as Israel destroys Hezbollah border tunnels
- Chris Christie, Trump meet to discuss chief of staff job, report says
- Library supervisor, 41, gunned down in parking lot months after altercation with suspect, police say
- 'Blurred Lines' ruling: Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke ordered to pay Marvin Gaye’s family $5M
- Body found in trunk of car in Walmart parking lot, police say
- Nancy Wilson, Grammy-winning jazz singer, dies at 81
- Nancy Wilson, Grammy winning jazz singer, dies at 81
- Sondra Locke, frequent co-star in Clint Eastwood films, dead at 74
- Indian man gets 9 years in prison for sex assault on flight
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Washington Redskins defensive captain slams team, fan base in leaked conversation
- Jose Canseco pitches himself to Trump for chief of staff job
- Minnesota Vikings fan puts team's home stadium up for sale on Craigslist
- Oakland sues Raiders, NFL, league officials, alleging conspiracy to force team's relocation
- Steph Curry says he was 'joking' when he questioned moon landing, will visit NASA
- Defending champion lacrosse team sings 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' despite song's controversy
- Steph Curry's bizarre US moon landing comments spark flood of hilarious Twitter questions
- Celebrity trainer’s ex-husband, former Knicks player Eric Anderson, found dead
- Miami Dolphins' Kenyan Drake wants ball he threw into stands after game-winning TD back
- US Olympic Committee fires official over silence in Larry Nassar case
- Menendez brothers appear to be in background of NBA trading card
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston gets into heated argument with offensive lineman