Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - Last week, more than a dozen homeless people living in a campsite on Bangor city property were asked to move. Today crews cleared the areas and officials offered help.
ORONO - Nearly a quarter of all Maine residents in the University of Maine System are going to school for free this spring semester. That's according to an announcement Tuesday by UMaine chancellor James Page and the Presidents of Maine's public universities.
BANGOR - According to the American Transplant Foundation, on average 20 people a day die in the US from a lack of available organs for transplant.
Healthy ME - Emily Doody is the Emergency Department and Critical Care Services Administrative Assistant at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. She joined our morning team to discuss common misconceptions associated with organ, eye and tissue donations.
BANGOR - On Tuesday morning, members of an advisory committee for the Penobscot County Jail sat in front of county commissioners for a second time. They again recommended building a new jail.
Healthy ME - Sohonnel Thompson is the nurse manager at the Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center Intensive Care Unit. Wednesday morning she joined our morning team to kick off National Donate Life Month.
HAMPDEN - A Hampden road project could cause major traffic delays for local drivers, but according to Hampden's town manager, it'll be well worth it.
ORONO - The Universities of Maine in Orono and Machias officially passed the torch to its newest president during Friday morning's inauguration ceremony. Students, staff and honorable guests were at the Collins Center for the Arts to welcome President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
BANGOR - Members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce were talking trash at their early bird breakfast Wednesday morning.
BANGOR - Several schools in the Bangor and Orono areas are on lockdown Wednesday morning after alleged social media threats.
Bangor Superintendent Betsy Webb sent out a message via Twitter saying: "All Bangor schools are currently in lockdown due to an alleged social media threat to the Doughty School and Bangor High. Students are safe in the schools. We are working with the Bangor Police who are on site at all schools. We will keep parents informed."
- National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day 2019
- Husson students hold eco-friendly craft fair
- Bill would implement automatic voter registration
- Lobstermen accused of tampering with gear
- Former lawmaker sentenced for stealing
- Early morning fire destroys Bangor home
- Oakland man pleads guilty to a 12-year-old pharmacy robbery
- Emera withdraws rate hike request
- Layoffs coming to Athena's Belfast site
- Maine Parkinson Society has new home
- Bill would expand tax exemptions for veterans
- Lawmakers working to reform DHHS
- Man sentenced for sex offender registry violation
- Former nursing home worker guilty of violating privacy
- Work to affect Wednesday, Thursday traffic
- Ammonia leak in Chicago suburb sends 37 to hospitals, including firefighters, law enforcement responders
- Netflix could lose ‘The Office,’ ‘Friends,’ report says, leaving fans outraged
- Omarosa predicts Trump will create 'chaos' to distract press amid congressional subpoenas
- Powwow plans focus on missing, murdered Native women
- DA: Man ran prostitution ring out of parents' basement
- Ex-officer who killed 911 caller describes ambush training
- Rare rhino conceived by artificial insemination born at Florida zoo
- American father had to choose which of his two children to rescue in Sri Lanka bombing
- The Latest: Ex-officer testifies on ambush training
- House committees launch probe into DHS shakeup, as White House blocks Miller testimony
- Is Samsung's Galaxy Fold already a flop?
- 'Karate Kid' star William Zabka had to be removed from Disneyland after he was surrounded by fans
- Jim Carrey mocks Trump supporters, compares POTUS to cult leader Jim Jones in scathing new painting
- Small plane crash lands on top of Idaho tree, pilot rescued
- The Latest: Official: 21 missing after Venezuelan boat sinks
- Arkansas sues 3 drug distributors over opioid crisis
- Meghan Markle’s wedding dress designer explains why royal's 'modern' gown was 'right for her'
- Ball pits are crawling with disease-causing germs that can make your kids sick, study suggests
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Chicago Cubs outfielder Rick Monday recalls day in 1976 when he saved American flag from protesters
- Kelly Stafford, wife of Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford, back in hospital after brain surgery
- Carolina's 'Bunch of Jerks' end Caps' Cup reign, storm into 2nd-round showdown with Islanders
- Clippers cut Warriors’ lead to 3-2; Rockets advance
- Canadian hockey fan unknowingly blocks final moments of playoff game shown to U.S. viewers
- Magic Johnson reportedly resigned from Lakers after being copied on emails about bad job performance
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill, fiancee won't face charges following abuse investigation
- NCAA denies eligibility waiver for Virginia Tech transfer who is helping ailing mom
- Donovan McNabb appears to double down on Carson Wentz criticism
- Top NFL Draft picks have been mostly successful over the last decade -- a brief look at their careers
- NBA star Russell Westbrook was most difficult athlete to deal with, journalist says
- Boston Bruins star David Pastrnak takes shot at Justin Bieber after win over Toronto Maple Leafs