Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
SKOWHEGAN - During a crowded school board meeting in Skowhegan locals on both sides of the issue debate whether the high school should keep the Skowhegan Indians mascot.
BAR HARBOR - Some property developers in Bar Harbor are responding after residents sounded off at a Bar Harbor Planning Board public hearing Wednesday night.
BAR HARBOR - A housing complex used in part for seasonal workers in Bar Harbor might be expanding, and that raised some concerns from residents.
BELFAST - Belfast's City Council reversed decisions they made last week regarding Belfast's Mayor Samantha Paradis, after she wrote a controversial op-ed article.
BANGOR - It may seem like a while ago now, but Bangor city officials are looking into how Election Day went.
ORRINGTON - A months long debate in Orrington came to a vote Monday night, as residents decided against a proposal for a new public safety building.
JACKMAN - Some voters in Somerset County are coming out in opposition to the proposed CMP (Central Maine Power) power line.
BANGOR - A colorful literary exhibit opened Thursday night in Bangor. It celebrates Maine authors, and aims to use literature as a way to overcome substance abuse and other mental health conditions.
SKOWHEGAN - People in Skowhegan will get a chance to sound off on a potential public safety building.
- Millinocket artisan craft fair is a big hit
- Farm house total loss after fire
- Massachusetts man arrested after police chase
- Journal of murdered woman must be turned over
- What's next for ranked-choice voting
- Grand jury indicts Bucksport, Ellsworth residents on meth charges
- Husson students celebrate computer science
- Latest transportation tech showcased at annual conference
- Best tasting water in Maine
- Alleged drug dealer, man accused of assaulting family indicted
- Corinth drug raid leads to 2 arrests
- Old Town fire leaves 14 people homeless
- Gift donations needed for more than 700 area kids
- Property developers respond to concerns from Bar Harbor residents
- Mourners gather at Maine home of former President George H.W. Bush
- Glidden Auto Body founder turns 96
- Who else could depart the White House by the end of 2018?
- Huawei executive's arrest will not hinder trade talks with China, Kudlow says
- 'SNL' sketch asks what would happen if Donald Trump was black
- Hezbollah tunnel dug from Lebanon is latest found by Israel
- Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge: Trump was right to withdraw from Iran deal
- 3 Sonic Drive-In employees arrested after ecstasy pill found in kid’s meal, police say
- Yemen peace talks in Sweden focus on prisoner swap deal
- Nick Cannon calls out Sarah Silverman, Chelsea Handler, Amy Schumer for old homophobic tweets
- ‘Does Nikolas Cruz Deserve to Die?’ quiz spurs apology from Florida high school
- Mom cancels baby shower after family ridicules name choice: ‘He will not be allowed to have a nickname’
- Want to help a veteran suffering from PTSD? Here’s how
- Trump campaign finance violation would 'certainly' be impeachable offense, top Dem says
- Paris braces for the possibility of more violence
- Heisman winner Kyle Murray’s past homophobic tweets resurface
- Kanye West surprises crowd at tribute event for late rapper XXXTentacion
- McDonald’s customer nearly run over after chasing man who stole her purse inside restaurant
- US airstrike outside Somalia's capital kills 4 al-Shabab
- River Plate, Boca Juniors set for Copa Libertadores final
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- American figure skater falls head first after partner loses his grip
- Ex-NFL star linebacker Isiah Robertson killed in car crash in Texas
- MLB players killed in Venezuela crash may have been robbery targets, authorities say
- Lance Armstrong slams Alex Rodriguez, complains about PED use 'double standard'
- Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo's deaths may have been criminal act, reports say
- Former MLB players Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo killed in car crash in Venezuela
- Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine for post-TD donation to Salvation Army
- Washington Redskins QB Alex Smith suffering from complications after surgery on broken leg, reports say
- Kareem Hunt incident: Cleveland police launch probe into how NFL obtained assault report
- Reuben Foster's accuser says Redskins' hiring of linebacker was 'slap in the face'
- Steelers fan chokes pregnant Chargers fan at game, photos and video show
- Ex-NFL star Brandon Browner sentenced to 8 years in prison for attempted murder: reports