Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
AUGUSTA - Maine has elected a new congressman using ranked-choice voting, but that is not the end of the hotly contested race between incumbent Bruce Poliquin and his opponent Jared Golden.
BANGOR - A federal judge in Bangor heard arguments about whether ranked-choice voting is constitutional during a Wednesday hearing to stop the congressional ranked choice run-off happening in Augusta.
BANGOR - Unofficial vote tallies in the Penobscot County treasurer's race are close enough that a recount may be requested.
AUGUSTA - If it weren't for ranked-choice voting, Republican incumbent Bruce Poliquin would already be the declared winner for the 2nd Congressional District race.
BREWER - Hundreds of veterans, their families and community members enjoyed a hot meal at the annual Veterans Day pancake breakfast at Jeff's Catering.
BANGOR - Bangor Army veteran Homer Carr was thanked several times during the annual Veterans Day parade that began in Brewer and made its way through the heart of downtown Bangor.
GUILFORD - Students in town honored local veterans from a hundred years ago, those who have served in the time since and those who currently are wearing military uniforms during their 14th annual Veterans' Day celebration.
AUGUSTA - Maine's next governor took a few minutes Thursday to talk about why she ran and her priorities once she takes office.
HAMPDEN - The worldwide recycling market has changed significantly in the last year and the ripple down effect is that some Maine communities are paying a lot more and others have stopped their programs altogether.
- Ranked-Choice Voting: A Fox 22 Special Report
- Golden wins ranked-choice vote for Maine's 2nd district seat
- Poliquin loses bid to halt ranked-choice count
- BREAKING: Ranked-choice ballots being tabulated at noon
- Ellsworth re-elects city council chair
- Coast Guard rescues four fishermen near Rockland coast
- Fire destroys home in Dexter
- FBI offering reward for info on fugitive hiding in Maine
- Bangor Police seeking man in relation to homicide investigation
- Fatal overdose leads to criminal charges
- LePage may run again if Medicaid funding problem is not fixed
- Shriners ready for 7th annual Feztival of Trees
- Maine's family caregivers applauded at Augusta event
- Maine Maritime buying part of former Verso mill site
- Oakland house fire leaves 1 dead
- Chicago pastor asks man in drag to leave church and 'put on man clothes’: report
- $2.7T Pentagon completes its first-ever audit, ‘never expected to pass’: report
- Turkish police detain 12 academics, activists in raids
- Jennie-O turkey products recalled amid salmonella outbreak
- Papua New Guinea's betel high defies control, convention
- Body found in Tennessee in 1985 ID'd as missing New Hampshire teen
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Thursday, November 15
- 'Stranded motorist’ in GoFundme case allegedly texted friend, ‘shush about the made up stuff’: report
- Grassley, in split from McConnell, favors Senate vote on Mueller protection bill
- North Korea to deport American it detained for illegal entry
- Anti-Trump theatergoer allegedly yells, ‘Heil Hitler, Heil Trump’ during play: cops
- Bishop reported missing amid Beijing-Vatican reconciliation
- Fire death toll hits 63; sheriff says hundreds still missing
- Algorithm may one day be able to alter Bible's style for its audience
- Billy Idol becomes US citizen, holds flag as he takes oath
- Texas grandmother allegedly abandoned grandchildren in house fire: report
- Migrants streaming into Tijuana, but now face long stay
- Imelda Marcos posts bail for graft conviction in Philippines
- Will Smith, Marc Anthony & Bad Bunny Kick Off 2018 Latin Grammys With Explosive Performance
- Jimmy Fallon Debuts The New 'Tonight Show' Challenge The #SharpieChallenge
- Zayn Malik Drops Anticipated New Single With Nicki Minaj: Is It About Gigi Hadid?
- Armie Hammer Apologizes Amid Stan Lee Flak, Thanks Jeffrey Dean Morgan For Calling Him An 'A**hat'
- Hayden Panettiere's Boyfriend Brian Hickerson Blasts Rumors That Her Friends Are Worried About Their Relationship (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Netflix Original Movie 'A Christmas Prince' Is Getting A Royal Sequel!
- Kenny Chesney Misses 2018 CMA Awards Due To Death In The Family
- Garth Brooks Leads The 2018 CMA Awards With A Moment Of Silence For Borderline Shooting Victims
- Carrie Underwood Flaunts Her Baby Bump On The 2018 CMA Awards Red Carpet
- Kellie Pickler Is The Belle Of The Ball In Gold Gown At 2018 CMA Awards
- Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth Donate $500K To Woolsey Fire Relief After Losing Their Home
- An NYPD Officer Belts Out To The Backstreet Boys Over Patrol Car Speaker
- Chiefs-Rams fans get change fees waived by major air carriers after Mexico City game cancelled
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: College basketball player booted from campus after cheap shot
- Oklahoma State football coach rants about 'liberalism,' being a 'snowflake'
- Chiefs fans frustrated after NFL moves game vs. Rams from Mexico City to Los Angeles
- Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer wins 1,000th game
- NFL moves Rams-Chiefs showdown from Mexico City due to field conditions
- Mike Francesa, sports radio legend, eulogizes Marvel's Stan Lee: 'Oh, who cares?'
- New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers played in 'very unhealthy' conditions due to California wildfires
- Serena Williams GQ cover sparks outcry
- Ex-Seattle Mariners official accuses team's top brass of making racist comments
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Brooklyn Nets' Caris Levert sustains severe leg injury, players 'were crying'
- Warriors fans can purchase tickets for $100, but you can't see the court