Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
UNITY - The 42nd annual Common Ground Country Fair kicked off on Friday and runs through Sunday in Unity, and even with the rain is expected to draw around 60,000 people from all over the region.
UNITY - New draft rules regarding the Field of Dreams -- an outdoor sports and recreation complex donated to Unity College -- has some folks in town upset, while town and school officials iron out the details.
BANGOR - As lawmakers in Washington decide on how to deal with sexual allegations from the past involving supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, people in Bangor -- some who have been sexually assaulted -- spoke out against him.
BANGOR - The Maine Board of Environmental Protection held a hearing in Bangor on Thursday to get the public's input on proposals to increase water quality protections for portions of the Penobscot River and around a dozen other waterways.
MACHIAS - A 20-year-old Lewiston woman has agreed to testify against her former boyfriend, who is accused of murder in the shooting death of a New Gloucester woman last year in Cherryfield.
BANGOR - Some cable users in the Bangor region were caught off guard on Tuesday when their television signals stopped working.
BANGOR - A former Old Town police officer who admitted to stealing money from the evidence locker and lying on his taxes is going to jail.
AUGUSTA - As the search continued Monday for a convicted murderer who walked away from Mountain View Correctional Facility in Charleston last week, the Commissioner for the Department of Corrections was drilled about how the prisoner ... who had escaped twice before ... was allowed outside basically unsupervised.
BANGOR - The local man who caused a two-hour police standoff Wednesday was in court on Friday, where a judge set his bail at $1,500 and banned him from contacting any of the witnesses.
- Man flees scene of accident, leaves one woman seriously injured
- Police ask public for help in search for missing woman
- Bangor's tractor supply farmers market
- Habitat for humanity relocation
- Man taken to hospital after crashing his car
- Friends of Acadia praised for park stewardship
- UMS hiring guide to help employers fill openings
- Crews make quick work of building fire in Brewer
- Janet Mills highlights healthcare, economic plans at event in Bangor
- Corinth man not guilty of attempted murder, arson
- Deputies arrest 5 people allegedly operating Detroit drug ring
- Milford man shoots at suspects allegedly stealing marijuana plants
- Skowhegan to vote on new public safety building
- Homeless shelter honors donors, volunteers
- Request to end DACA from multiple states denied by federal judge
- Village Voice shuts down after 63 years
- Florida man gets 20 years for stealing $600 worth of cigarettes
- Suspect dead, Baltimore cop wounded in shootout that sounded 'like a war'
- Iran warns US, Israel of 'devastating' response after deadly parade attack, report says
- Maldives' provisional elections results show opposition win
- James Woods refuses to delete meme that he says got him locked out of Twitter
- Married Florida man accused of killing girlfriend carrying his unborn baby, leaving her on side of road
- Sentencing for soldier who pleaded guilty to chemical weapon
- A list of projects public can vote on for preservation money
- Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat
- Florence: Severe flooding feared near South Carolina coast
- Couple shocked to find they just bought infamous MS-13 house
- Mandela: A life of soaring symbolism, now harnessed by UN
- Grassley promises evaluation of new claims against Kavanaugh, hits Dems for withholding info
- 49ers lose Garoppolo to possible ACL injury
- In a first, Hong Kong bans pro-independence political party
- Vietnam to hold state funeral for President Tran Dai Quang
- Kanye West & Son Saint Throw The First Pitch At Cubs-White Sox Game In Chicago
- Kim Kardashian Cheers On Daughter North West During Her Adorable Runway Debut
- Meghan Markle Reveals The Romantic Inspiration Behind Her 'Something Blue' At The Royal Wedding
- Selena Gomez, Sofia Vergara & More Support Jennifer Lopez At Her Las Vegas Residency
- 'PLL' Alum Janel Parrish Reveals Her Father-In-Law Was Killed Just 2 Weeks Before Her Wedding
- Justin Theroux Addresses 'Heartbreaking' Split From Jennifer Aniston: 'There Was No Animosity'
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Stun In Formal Indian Attire At Lake Como
- Bethenny Frankel Is On A 'Grief Diet' Following Dennis Shields' Sudden Death: 'I Don't Recommend It'
- Blake Shelton Serenades Gwen Stefani With Intimate Performance Of The Hit Song He Wrote For Her
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Kelli Giddish Is Pregnant With Baby No. 2
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Jacqueline Trumbull and Jordan Mauger Are Dating
- JoJo Siwa's Animated Series 'The JoJo & BowBow Show Show': Exclusive First look
- Skateboarder Cory Kennedy gets 4 years in prison for fatal DUI crash
- Green Bay Packers' Clay Matthews blasts NFL after controversial penalty: 'I think they're getting soft'
- Tennessee coach sends player to locker room for refusing to enter game
- Yankees clinch AL wild card with 11-inning win over Orioles
- FanDuel pays out $56,000 to New Jersey men on $75 'pricing error' bet
- Cleveland Browns rack up win, possum capture at stadium
- Tennis great Billie Jean King, partner join LA Dodgers ownership group
- Eagles wide receiver Jordan Matthews says stint in Buffalo led to baby: 'There’s nothing to do there'
- Houston Texans coach defends QB Deshaun Watson after school official's racist remark
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to donate $10M after NBA probes office environment
- Red Sox fans find division title banner in street ahead of potential clinch
- Wife of NHL great Brian Leetch, sister back in court in bar brawl case