Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BANGOR - The Queen City's oldest unsolved homicide -- the “Bangor House Strangling” -- happened more than five decades ago and sent shock waves throughout the city.
MASARDIS - It was 42 years ago when Lila Drew, a retired teacher and widow was bludgeoned to death in her home on Main Street.
BANGOR - The local homeless man who was sleeping in a dumpster that was picked up by a Casella Waste Systems truck last week said Thursday that he left the door open, and his backpack outside in order to notify anybody coming by that he was inside.
BANGOR - Two of the three criminals involved in a home invasion and double shooting in Millinocket that left one man dead were sentenced on Wednesday.
HAMPDEN - Those interested in learning more about the town's history are invited to the library on Wednesday for their Spring Tea Party.
SULLIVAN - A six-generation lobsterman from Winter Harbor - who's dog was killed in a heinous act of animal cruelty this past summer - is turning the crime into an opportunity to help other dogs.
ELLSWORTH - A Deer Isle man will be spending time in jail for assaulting a family in Sedgwick last summer and for biting a Maine State Police trooper in February.
BREWER - A skilled workforce has been building refinery modules at the Cianbro Constructors Module Manufacturing Facility in south Brewer.
- Teen wins $10K grant for sexual assault prevention
- Waldo County EMA to test alert system with text Friday
- DOT's 'Bridge Bracket Madness' to determine Maine's best bridge
- Father killed baby in Presque Isle murder-suicide, police say
- Police: deadly Swanville confrontation was over woman
- Women rescued from icy coastal trail
- Man accused of sex assault of minor
- Visitors to rural areas could boost economy
- Physics students create snow art
- Gas tax increase could fund road repairs
- Acting U.S. interior secretary visits Maine
- 81st annual sportsmen's show draws thousands
- MDOT funds Lincoln area projects
- Farmers get early monetary boost at CSA Fair
- Oxford fire chief laid to rest
- Police investigating murder-suicide in Presque Isle
- Polish journalist in Venezuela tormented, viciously beaten by government 'death squad,' his employer says
- 'Strange animal' uncovered on Washington beach is 'incredibly rare' find
- Court: Online free speech rights trump stalking conviction
- Jessica Simpson posts new baby bump picture while wearing a bikini
- Tyler Perry lends his support to the 4 children of a recently-slain mother
- California bill would ban sale of makeup containing cancer-causing chemicals, toxins
- Trial for Antwon Rose shooting death begins
- Feds' Michael Cohen investigation began nearly a year before raid, court files reveal
- Woman says 'Bye, Miami' before being killed in hit-and-run, report says
- Mayor of Lordstown, Ohio: We still want to be a General Motors town
- Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- Fox Corporation becomes stand-alone company as Disney deal set to close
- Georgia man dies after crashing electric scooter into tree in San Diego, first such death in city
- Former FBI Director Louis Freeh: The Mueller Report Should Be Made Public
- Bobcat that survived California wildfire struck, killed by driver, officials say
- Trump calls out Facebook, Google and Twitter for being ‘on the side of the Radical Left Democrats’
- World War II memorial in Massachusetts vandalized with oil, officials say
- 8 easy tricks to boost your iPhone’s battery life
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- International swimming star Kenneth To dies at 26 after feeling unwell in Florida
- Ex-CFL linebacker Anthony McClanahan pleads guilty in brutal 2017 murder of wife
- Former All-Pro offensive lineman Joe Thomas looks radically different from NFL days
- ESPNU show mistakenly shows NCAA women's basketball tournament bracket hours before official reveal
- Video of former Giants defensive lineman Barry Cofield's heroin arrest at gunpoint revealed
- Pro golfer Jon Rahm curses after ignoring caddie's advice at Players Championship
- NCAA March Madness 2019 bracket tips: 3 things to consider before picking your winners
- Ex-Philadelphia Phillies' infielder Carlos Santana took bat to TV over 'Fortnite': report
- NCAA men's basketball tournament teams who could cause first-round upsets
- Kansas City Chiefs' Tyreek Hill reportedly investigated over two incidents involving toddler son
- 'Game of Thrones' creator on Odell Beckham Jr. trade: 'Kill Me Now'
- SEE IT: Carolina Panthers lineman seen getting dropped in fight outside bar