Shonna Narine joined the ABC7 and FOX22 team in August 2017. Originally from Long Island (although she hides her accent for TV) she's excited to see what Maine has to offer.
She graduated from Five Towns College in Dix Hills Long Island where she anchored for their TV Club, and had her own radio show called "All Access Entertainment."
She won an outstanding achievement award and graduated on the dean's list.
Prior to graduation Shonna interned at News12 Long Island.
Shonna comes from a big family. With three older sisters, her parents, and six nieces and nephews there's never a dull moment when she's around them. When she's not working she enjoys working out, dancing, spending time with her fiance, and planning her wedding! Shonna would love to hear if you have any story ideas. You can email her at [email protected].
ORONO - A University of Maine research team discovers a connection that could help lead to new influenza therapies.
BUCKSPORT - One man is trying to stop the town of Bucksport from placing solar panels over the cemetery of a veteran and his family.
WAYNE -The Maine Warden Service is investigating a fatal snowmobile crash that took place Saturday evening in Wayne.
BAR HARBOR - Soon hundreds will be able to use the ferry service that goes between Bar Harbor and Canada. The Bar Harbor planning board approved the project and construction is well underway at the property.
ROCKPORT - Maine is known for its great outdoors and its fishing, but in the winter months things tend to slow down because of the cold weather. A fishermen's forum in Rockport brought out dozens of vendors to educate people in the industry.
BANGOR - It's not every day students get the opportunity to learn about the business world from business professionals themselves.
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- WATCH: Veteran climbs flag pole, fixes American flag at Navy SEAL monument
- Florida sheriff orders investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's work release program
- Fred Fleitz: Iran’s seizure of two oil tankers was a stupid move – It could boost European support for Trump
- Lawmakers call for Puerto Rico's governor to step down amid widespread protests on island
- Utah city will replace ‘dummy’ cameras at park where Mackenzie Lueck was last seen
- Intruder detained after jumping on wing of Nigeria plane prior to takeoff
- 'The View' co-host awkwardly confuses John Hickenlooper with Jay Inslee during interview
- Ousted Planned Parenthood head says she tried to 'depoliticize' group
- Michelle Obama seemingly swipes at Trump amid 'send her back' controversy
- Dems plot strategy for grilling Mueller ahead of highly-anticipated testimony
- Ex-NSA contractor gets nine years in prison for stealing classified documents
- Drone targets base of Iran-backed militia in northern Iraq
- Apollo 11 astronaut’s punch almost ended in battery charges
- Trump slams Dem support for ‘Squad,’ accuses progressives of trash-talking US
- AOC: Trump can't conceive of an immigration system without torture, hurting 'innocent people'
- Apollo 11: Former officer on recovery ship USS Hornet recalls watching astronauts' 'amazing' return with President Nixon
- Former President Bill Clinton vacations in Dominican Republic as country tries to move past spate of tourist deaths
- Congressional investigators seeking Nellie Ohr’s opposition research records on Trump family
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr