Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
AUGUSTA - Maine has now become the third state in the country to ban single-use plastic bags statewide.
NORWALK, CT - The Stetson man accused of killing a sixth grader in 1986 was arraigned Monday morning in Connecticut.
PALMYRA - Investigators say distracted driving and speed were factors in a multi-vehicle accident in Palmyra Thursday afternoon.
BELFAST - A local man was arrested by state police after allegedly stealing a vehicle from a bus station in Belfast Thursday.
CALAIS - A Maine toddler is recovering at a Massachusetts hospital after suffering severe burns to 60 percent of his body Wednesday.
RAINBOW TOWNSHIP - Game wardens rescued a Fairfield man on a remote region of the Appalachian Trail in Rainbow Township Friday.
WALDO COUNTY - The two Stockton Springs parents accused of killing a 10-year-old girl will be tried separately.
ELLSWORTH - The Hancock County Grand Jury has indicted a Bucksport woman on the charge of operating a meth lab
ELLSWORTH - The Hancock County Grand Jury has indicted a Richmond man for allegedly shooting his father.
- Together Place burglarized Sunday
- Maine becomes third state to ban single-use plastic bags
- Gov. Mills signs biennial budget into law
- Stetson man arraigned on murder charge in Connecticut court
- Williams murder trial closing arguments postponed
- Bangor Humane Society announces Tiles for Tomorrow project
- Downeast Broadband Utility construction underway
- Rainbow Run kicks off Pride Week
- Waterfall Arts lands EPA grant
- No overnight parking through Thursday at Exchange, Harlow streets
- Road work affecting traffic near lower State Street bridge
- Fire displaces nursing home residents
- Fatal car crash in Buckfield
- Man in custody after robbery
- Stetson sex offender extradicted to Connecticut to face girl's murder charge
- Gen. Jack Keane: Trump sanctions 'crippling' Iran, trying to curb 'aggressive behavior'
- Expert: UN failed before Rohingya crackdown in Myanmar
- Sandra Bullock reveals she made 'Bird Box' for her kids during MTV Movie & TV Awards acceptance speech
- Connecticut girl, 12, with rare disorder creates teddy bears that hide IV bags
- Tennessee man arrested after police say human torso found in car: report
- Education Department to probe UNC-Duke conference on Gaza after allegations of anti-Semitism emerge
- Ilhan Omar blames Trump for Iran-linked attacks on oil tankers
- New Jersey man, 55, is latest case of tourist's death in Dominican Republic
- Paul Manafort not going to Rikers Island, will remain in federal custody after DOJ rejects move, source says
- California warehouse fire defendant: No one was in charge
- US-Iran move closer to a flashpoint as tensions spike
- Ex-FBI agent in Greitens case charged with perjury, evidence tampering
- Venezuela's Guaidó grapples with case of alleged corruption
- Conservative Parkland student dropped by Harvard asks for forgiveness: 'I wish I could take it back'
- CNN analyst: 'People of color' will pick Dem nominee, not 'white liberals on Twitter'
- State Department cuts new funds to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, pending immigration fixes
- US sending more troops to Middle East as Iran tensions mount
- Prince Harry once ‘sent Jennifer Aniston texts,' called her ‘princess material’, claims writer
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Kawhi Leonard urged to stay with Toronto Raptors during team's championship parade
- Baltimore Ravens' Michael Pierce owns up to poor conditioning after being booted from practice
- Tyson Fury shows off incredible head movement during Tom Schwarz fight
- Gary Woodland channeled young golfer's 'positive energy' en route to US Open victory
- LeBron James leads Los Angeles Lakers' reactions to reported Anthony Davis trade
- College wrestling star, teammate arrested on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct
- Chicago Cubs' Theo Epstein optimistic Ben Zobrist will return amid divorce
- Julie Ertz's husband, Philadelphia Eagles' Zach Ertz, celebrates wife's first Women's World Cup goal
- Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce opens about Kareem Hunt release: 'It ripped our hearts out'
- David Ortiz's doctors describe life-saving surgery: 'The injuries he had were lethal'
- Toronto Raptors urged by mayor to visit Ottawa over Washington: 'Forget the White House'
- LaVar Ball vows Lakers will 'never win another championship' after team reportedly trades his son