Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
BANGOR - The next generation of nurses were front and center during a special ceremony Friday night in Bangor.
AUGUSTA - Police in Augusta are asking for help finding the person they say robbed a Subway sandwich shop Tuesday.
BANGOR - Governor's Restaurant on Broadway in Bangor closed early Monday night after a small fire broke out in the kitchen.
DOVER-FOXCROFT - Police in Dover-Foxcroft issued an urgent public safety notice Thursday night, after a man in jail for murder charges escaped from prison.
VEAZIE - Police are trying to identify three suspects who allegedly burglarized and stole from the Veazie Community School on Labor Day.
BLUE HILL - State Police are asking for help in locating a Blue Hill woman who has been missing since July 23.
BANGOR - Each year, the American Folk Festival features a number of diverse and talented musicians, including some local artists.
Most musicians only dream about performing alongside some of these world-renowned acts.
That includes Gus La Casse, a fast placed fiddle player from Trenton.
- New York man arrested for threatening Senator Susan Collins
- Hollis man arrested after police standoff
- Man dies in ATV crash Sunday afternoon
- Firefighters rescue dog trapped down a manhole
- Holden Land Trust makes trail improvements
- One person has died in a house fire in Saco
- Fairfield home total loss after fire
- UMaine white coat ceremony recognizes largest class of nursing students
- Lincoln issues boil order after explosion
- Delta dropping Bangor to JFK flights
- Ghostport Festival set for Saturday
- Increase in rape reports attributed to culture change
- Bangor High homecoming bonfire cancelled after social media threat
- Voter's guide to November referendum, bond issues unveiled
- California's Jerry Brown signs tough net-neutrality bill, prompting Justice Department lawsuit
- Restaurant where anti-Kavanaugh protesters disrupted Ted Cruz's dinner hires security
- Virginia fire crew rescues dog stuck in ceiling
- Hurricane Willa threatens Mexico as 'extremely dangerous' Category 4 storm
- US general shot in Taliban attack in Afghanistan, Pentagon confirms
- China coal mine explosion kills 2, leaves 18 trapped
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico
- Turkey vows crackdown over Khashoggi as critics call Erdogan regime 'world's worst jailer' of journalists
- Khashoggi's fiancée under police protection, Turkish media report
- Dems' midterm advantage narrows among registered voters as Trump's approval rating rises, poll finds
- Meghan Markle's father reacts to learning his daughter is pregnant
- Michael Goodwin: Count on Hillary to run in 2020
- Jacksonville shooting near Jaguars game wounds 6, 3 critically, police say
- NYPD pulls 3,000 body cams off street after one exploded
- Paula Abdul falls off stage during live performance
- Pennsylvania convict is a suspected serial killer
- Official: 6 shot near Florida stadium, possibly gang-linked
- Ohio student’s essay about being raped sends attacker to prison
- Kim Kardashian's Family Celebrates Her 38th Birthday With Sweet & Heartfelt Tributes
- Tara Reid Mourns The Death Of Her Mom Donna: 'My Heart Breaks'
- Britney Spears Does Backflips To Justin Timberlake's Song
- 'The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills' Star Camille Grammer Marries David C. Meyer In Hawaii
- Selma Blair Reveals Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis In Emotional Post: 'I Hope To Give Some Hope To Others'
- Meghan Markle's Father Thomas Is "Filled With Love, Joy & Happiness" After News Of Her First Pregnancy
- 'The Voice' Sneak Peek: Team JHud's Tyshawn Colquitt & Zaxai Duke It Out To 'Love Lies' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Sneak Peek Of 'Hocus Pocus' Turns 25: Bette Midler Joins Reunion Special
- Sneak Peak Of 'Hocus Pocus' Turns 25: Bette Midler Joins Reunion Special
- Kelly Ripa Shares An Adorable Throwback Snap Of Her Hubby Mark Consuelos
- Gigi Hadid Slams Paparazzi For Potentially Suing Her Over Photos After They 'Legally Stalk Her' To Capture Them
- Priyanka Chopra and Kendall Jenner Gush Over Karlie Kloss' Surprise Wedding
- Philadelphia Eagles fan who crashed into pole scores tickets to London game: report
- ‘Not fair’: World cycling bronze medalist cries foul after transgender woman wins gold
- ‘Not fair’: World cycling bronze medalist cries foul after transgender wins gold
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr sometimes feels 'patronized' by 'nationalistic' military displays
- LeBron James makes Lakers debut, reveals secret ingredient to success: oatmeal
- Red Sox finish off Astros in 5 games, head to World Series
- Houston Astros accused of cheating after man spotted filming opposing dugout
- Houston Astros accused of cheating after man spotted filming opposing dugout; MLB investigating
- USA Gymnastics' interim president Mary Bono resigns after 4 days
- US women's soccer star Sydney Leroux Dwyer announces she had a miscarriage
- Rams' Cooper Kupp carted off field after stomach-turning leg injury
- 49ers apologize for leaving Colin Kaepernick out of photo gallery