Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
PORTAGE LAKE - Two people from northern Maine are behind bars after drug agents discovered a meth lab inside their home.
AUGUSTA - Late Wednesday, Secretary of State Matt Dunlap announced the winners of last Tuesday's primary races using ranked-choice voting.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine) joined a handful other Republican Senators from around the country Tuesday afternoon in calling for an end to family separations at the border.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Angus King spoke in opposition to the Trump Administration's immigration policy Monday afternoon.
BANGOR - A number of military families and supporters spent Sunday remembering Maine's fallen heroes.
BANGOR - Most dads play a round of golf or eat a nice dinner on Father's Day.
But a Bradford family celebrated the annual holiday with a precious gift, one they'll always remember.
STETSON - A close call for a father and son in Penobscot County after the car they're driving bursts into flames.
- EMMC starts support group for new mothers
- EMMC, Dana Farber join forces for breast cancer research trial
- Bill that aims to slow minimum wage growth expected to fail
- Pennsylvania couple safe after canoe capsizes in Newport
- Governor LePage sending guard helicopter, pilots to southern border
- Saudi royal family pilot arrested in Bangor on grand theft charge
- Janet Mills wins Democratic nomination for governor race
- Two arrested in northern Maine meth lab bust
- Secretary of State announces ranked-choice voting primary winners
- Kingman deaths ruled suicides
- Augusta police seeking return of marker stolen from officer's grave
- Milford store robbery suspect under arrest
- Bangor man arrested after police find explosives in his home
- FedEx profits up, Starbucks closing 150 US stores
- Woodlands Senior Living's purple lemonade stand to help fight Alzheimer's
- Berries ripe for picking across Maine
- Memory stick problem delays ranked-choice voting tabulations
- Crews fighting fire on Route 9 in Eddington
- Maine Public Utilities Commission to review offshore wind project terms
- ESPN warning its outspoken broadcasters following 'Roseanne' controversy at ABC
- Boy's 'suspicious' death prompts removal of 7 other children from home: police
- McDonald's patron arrested for using disabling chemical spray during attack on other patrons
- Brooke Astor collection heads to research room at library
- Gas thief drilling into fuel tanks
- Trump says 'red wave' needed to pass immigration bill over 'obstructing' Democrats
- Rival Koreas agree to August reunions of war-split families
- German chancellor says migration meeting a 'first exchange'
- Incredible talent helps 'Bao' director make Pixar breakthrough
- Apollo Moon rock rediscovered in Cambodia debuts on display
- Joshua Kushner's girlfriend Karlie Kloss blasted for urging fans to contact politicians
- Gun owner saves pregnant pizza driver from beating, robbery: police
- Saransk swells from building boom of World Cup proportions
- 92-year-old WWII veteran surprised with high school diploma
- Virginia Dems press White House for answers on alleged abuse of immigrant children in their state
- 'First date' robbery in park was a set-up, police say
- Turkey heads to landmark presidential, parliamentary vote
- Pat Boone recalls shocking the Christian community with heavy metal album: 'It was a big overreaction'
- Iggy Azalea Reacts To Demi Lovato's 'Sober': 'I'm Proud Of You For Having The Guts To Reveal Your Truth'
- Kesha Shows Off Her Busted Lip After An Accident With Her Mic
- Bryce Dallas Howard's Dad Ron Howard Totally Spoiled Chris Pratt Being In The New 'Jurassic' Films
- Jimmy Kimmel Comes To Nick Kroll's Rescue After He Splits His Pants On His Show
- Chrissy Teigen Uses Baby Luna To Expertly Troll John Legend & It's The Best
- Blake Lively Teams Up With Anna Kendrick To Hilariously Troll Ryan Reynolds
- Suspect Arrested In Shooting Of XXXTentacion
- Halle Berry Shares Rare Photos Of Her Kids On Vacation In Bora Bora
- Paul McCartney Announces 'Egypt Station' Will Be Released Sept. 7
- Pete Davidson Confirms His Engagement To Ariana Grande: 'It's Lit'
- This Is How Jack-Jack Became The Breakout Star Of 'The Incredibles 2'
- The Jonas Brothers Hilariously Celebrate The 10-Year Anniversary Of 'Camp Rock' With Nostalgic Tweets
- FIFA backs American soccer ref who denies asking for Portugal player's jersey
- Sports betting rules OK'd for Mississippi casinos
- NFL to suspend Jameis Winston for allegedly grabbing female Uber driver's crotch, report says
- NBA star Nick Young jokes cocaine should be legalized after Canada's marijuana decision
- Phillies fan injured when Phanatic shoots hot dog into stands
- Wife of former NFL quarterback 'terrified' he will kill her after domestic violence arrest
- Japan and Senegal fans impress at World Cup after helping to clean up stadiums
- World Cup fans reportedly causing beer shortage in Russia
- North Carolina girls' softball teams banned from events after parents caught brawling at tournament
- African country denies they granted former tennis champ diplomatic immunity
- Reporter's shock over Washington Capitals coach resignation captured during IG hearing
- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton snaps at kid who mocked him for Super Bowl loss