Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
STATEWIDE - Chances are you know someone with a food allergy. After all, the Centers for Disease Control reports nearly 15 million Americans are allergic to some sort of ingredient.
AUGUSTA - Governor Paul LePage is reacting to the death of the 41st President, saying "America has lost an icon."
HOULTON - Two men from northern Maine are facing animal cruelty charges after an incident on Monday.
Houlton police officers responded to a residence at 52 School Street in Houlton for a disturbance call.
BREWER - Brewer police say they've located a suspect who was wanted after an incident earlier this week.
BANGOR/BREWER - National organizations are railing against the Trump administration, saying tariffs on steel and aluminum imports cause "significant harm to American manufacturers, consumers and workers."
The taxes impact a number of local businesses as well.
BANGOR - Thanksgiving is a holiday filled with family, football and, of course, food.
A typical Thanksgiving meal is about 3,000 calories.
While you might be thinking calories don't count on the holidays, local athletic trainers say it's important not to lose sight of your goals.
- Tourism officials say this is the snowiest early winter in decades
- Tips for feeding songbirds during the winter
- Amended regulations now make bump stocks illegal
- Lane Construction sold to Eurovia
- UMaine pulls sports apparel allegedly linked to slave labor
- Suspect in weekend incidents remains behind bars in northern Maine
- Maine Libertarians now "unenrolled" after party loses status
- Parish rectory of Holy Family Catholic Church damaged in fire
- Man arrested after he leads police on high speed chase
- Bangor Daily News columnist dies
- Handmade items sold to help Bangor's sister city
- Bangor Farmers' Market heads indoors for the winter
- Biddeford man dies after being hit on Maine turnpike
- UPDATE: Two bodies found in Richmond mobile home identified
- Suspect in library supervisor's shooting death has history of library clashes, authorities say
- Penny Marshall was in league of her own as sports fan and memorabilia collector
- Will Trump forgo border wall to avoid government shutdown?
- Children as young as 10 fight, kill and die in Yemen's war
- Arizona man gets prison term for threats against President Trump
- Kamala Harris' chief of staff leaving to join her PAC, raising speculation of 2020 presidential run
- Report: 53 journalists killed worldwide so far in 2018
- Last GOP congressman in New England files appeal in bid to keep seat
- New Zealand mall creates a gender-fluid Santa Claus
- Liberal advocacy group suing Trump admin for 'metering' asylum seekers
- Ingraham: Resisting globalism and winning
- Brian Terry's family hits Democrats over opposition to border wall
- FBI memos suggest Rosenstein expedited normal review process to fire McCabe before retirement
- Trump brags about 'artistically designed steel slats' of proposed border wall
- Colorado baker back in court over 2nd LGBT bias allegation
- The Story w/ Martha MacCallum - Tuesday, December 18
- Issa: Comey's one intention was to get to Donald Trump
- Phoenix man accused of killing wife said she'd 'become a burden' after her stroke, police say
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Kobe Bryant helps high school students trying to skip final exam
- Los Angeles Rams' Marcus Peters confronts fan during game
- Jose Mourinho leaves Man United after 2½ years
- Kelly Slater pulls off 'Houdini Tube Ride' after falling off board, getting back on mid wave
- Colin Kaepernick: Quarterback still looms large through 2018 despite sitting on the sidelines
- Patriots' owner, star receiver pay tribute to Pittsburgh shooting victims before game
- Chicago Bears lineman proposes to girlfriend after team clinches division title
- Lions coach Matt Patricia drops F bomb on radio after loss to Bills, postseason elimination
- Chicago Blackhawks mascot punches, body slams fan in viral video
- Star skier taken by helicopter to hospital after terrifying crash in Italy
- Charlotte Hornets' Frank Kaminsky carries baby down 40 stories during high-rise evacuation
- Charlotte Hornets Frank Kaminsky carries baby down 40 stories during high-rise evacuation