Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
BELFAST - Belfast Police say one person was killed and two others were injured in a head-on collision Friday afternoon.
PENOBSCOT COUNTY - Valentine's Day isn't just about cards, flowers and chocolate. There are other ways to "Fuel your Love."
PATTEN - Maine State Police are urging Patten residents to remain vigilant and keep their homes and cars locked as they continue investigating a reported robbery at a local credit union.
NEWPORT - Americans' attitudes about marijuana are changing.
About six in ten Americans support legalizing weed, according to a Pew Research study from late 2018.
In Maine, voters approved legalizing recreational marijuana in 2016.
Employees at a local head shop say the changing attitudes are helping them, and their art.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Maine's congressional delegation is reacting to President Trump's second State of the Union Address.
BANGOR/ORONO - In part one of our series "The Politics of Social Media," we heard how social media has changed the political landscape.
Experts say the combination of the two and how they're being used is also impacting what we talk about and how we interact with family and friends.
BANGOR/ORONO - In the last week, do you remember seeing some sort of political post on social media?
If you answered yes, you're not alone.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Thursday marks day 34 of the partial government shutdown, the longest in history.
- Police identify victim of Belfast crash
- Dance show features students' cultures
- Free ice fishing draws hundreds
- Maine man accused of 1993 murder
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Marvel's 'Punisher' and 'Jessica Jones' canceled by Netflix
- Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein expected to step down by mid-March, official says
- Tucker: Watch out! Republicans 'pounce'
- New York, California, 14 other states sue Trump in Ninth Circuit over emergency declaration
- California woman rescued from powerless, snowed in home by sheriff's deputy
- The Story - Monday, February 18
- Reporter Jason Rezaian reveals 'torture' he endured in Iranian prison
- Honduran lawmakers loses seat for defamation conviction
- California runner slips on ice, falls 180 feet to his death from San Gabriel Mountains, officials say
- Talks on Rosenstein possibly recording Trump unfolded over 'couple of days,' abandoned as 'too risky': former top FBI lawyer
- Special Report - Monday, February 18
- When every day is Presidents’ Day
- Kamala Harris swipes at Bernie Sanders: 'I am not a democratic socialist'
- The Five - Monday, February 18
- Mexican envoy calls for fresh effort on Maduro-Guaido talks
- Mississippi man shot and killed after standoff with police
- Brit Hume on the rush to judgment in the Jussie Smollett case
- Second Justin Fairfax accuser calls for public hearing into assault allegations
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- New York Yankees' star pitchers chide New York Mets' Jacob deGrom over possible innings limit
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel