DEXTER – A home on Railroad Avenue is a total loss after a fire Monday morning.
According to Dexter Fire Chief Matt Connor, the call about the fire at 228 Railroad Ave. came in just before 3:30 a.m.
Pictures posted on the fire department’s Facebook page showed what firefighters from five area departments were up against.
Connor said when the double-wide mobile home began showing smoke, a man living in a camper near the area noticed the smell and went to get the woman living inside the home.
Both of them are safe and the fire chief said the American Red Cross has reached out to the woman.
The man’s camper was not damaged. The state fire marshal’s office is working to determine the fire’s cause.