EAST MACHIAS — Firefighters responded to a fire at an East Machias property Saturday morning.
East Machias Fire Chief Jack Gardner said his crew responded shortly after 9 a.m.
The department determined the cause of the fire was a stove in the garage.
He said no people or pets were injured from the fire.
“There was extensive damage but I think there is going to be some salvageable parts to it. I don’t think it’s going to be a total loss,” said Gardner.
He said the garage was not connected to a home and the fire was not a threat to surrounding areas.
Roughly 16 firefighters were on scene to help, including assistance from the Machias, Marshfield, and Cutler Navy fire departments.