BRADFORD – A fire at a saw mill in Bradford proved a difficult fight for several area departments.
Employees at the Perkins Mill wrapping up around noon yesterday, about an hour later a passerby noticed that the mill was on fire and quickly alerted the owner, who lives nearby. He tried to put the fire out with an extinguisher, but was unable.
When crews arrived on scene the building was fully engulfed. Crews were able to contain the fire but a big issue was that flames spread to a saw dust pile…
The mill is being considered a total loss. And it appears that the owner was not insured.
Officials aren’t sure what sparked the flames, but the state fire marshal’s office has been called to the scene to investigate.