PARKMAN – Fire destroyed a home out in Parkman Tuesday morning.
According to Guilford Fire Chief Jeff Libby, the house was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived around 7 a.m.
Multiple fire departments from the area were called in to assist.
Both Libby and the homeowner said the fire started from a grill on the back closed-in porch, a place the fire chief said can be very dangerous.
“Make sure your fittings and your grill is all in good shape. Never light a grill inside a structure or with an overhead canopy. Make sure it’s free and clear of all burnable materials, and never leave it unattended,” said Chief Libby.
The homeowner says she lit the grill and went back inside. She says when she came back outside the house was on fire.
Everyone made it out of the home safely.