Saturday, 06 July 2019 21:04

Fire fully engulfs building in Lamoine Featured

Written by

LAMOINE - Crews were battling a fully involved structure fire in Lamoine Saturday night. Fire officials said the house is destroyed.

 

According to the Hancock County Regional Communication Center, the call came in for a fire at a home on Falcon Lane just before 7 p.m.

 

Lamoine Deputy Fire Chief Stu Marckoon said one firefighter from Surry was taken to the hospital with heat exhaustion, but the homeowners got out safe.

 

He said the homeowners were having dinner at home during a thunder and lightening storm. They noticed smoke coming from a light in the home, and after a fire extinguisher did not work they got out and called 911. Marckoon said the lightening may have hit a nearby power line, he's not sure if it hit the home itself.

 

He said the fire quickly spread. When crews arrived smoke was through the roof on the backside.

 

Marckoon thanked the many neighboring departments that also responded to the call.

 

The fire was contained around 8:30.

 

This story has been updated from its original format.

National News