Tuesday, 16 April 2019 19:24

Fire that killed Anson man ruled accidental

Written by

ANSON - The fire that killed an Anson man on Sunday was accidental.

That's according to State Fire Marshal's Office investigators.

Richard Duley, 75, lived alone in the home on Moore Street and died in that fire that happened Sunday morning.

Investigators said the fire started in the basement area of the home near inside stairs.

Sargent Ken Grimes said investigators returned to the home Tuesday morning with a state electrical inspector and determined an electrical conductor failed, which caused the fire.

Grimes said Duley was found in the living room near the stairway with a fire extinguisher next to him.

He said they are still waiting on test results to determine a cause of death.