Wednesday, 14 November 2018 23:39

Fire destroys home in Dexter

Written by

DEXTER - A family in Dexter escaped with nothing but the clothes on their backs after a fire destroyed their home Wednesday morning.

Around 8 a.m. Dexter fire crews responded to a home on the Ripley Road.

Firefighters say an electrical issue may be to blame for the fire, which they believe started in the bedroom of the home.

The Red Cross is now helping a couple and their 6-year-old daughter.

The fire department and area residents are also collecting money and clothing to help the uninsured family.

For more information on how you can help, visit the Dexter Fire Department Facebook page.

Kayla Fish

Anchor/Reporter
[email protected]

Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.

She got...