Thursday, 14 June 2018 10:02

Kitchen fire displaces Tremont family

Written by 
Kitchen fire displaces Tremont family

TREMONT - A family residing on Lopus Point Road was temporarily displaced by what authorities said was a major kitchen fire late Wednesday afternoon.

The fire broke out in the stove just after 4 p.m. and spread throughout the home. Although the home remains intact, flames and smoke damaged much of its interior, according to the Tremont's fire chief.

 

The homeowner was able to make it out safely, along with a dog and two cats. Two other cats, a gerbil and most of the family's belongings, however, were lost.

 

Tremont firefighters were assisted by crews from Mount Desert and Southwest Harbor.