Monday, 11 June 2018 18:03

One year anniversary of mystery Orrington death Featured

Written by

ORRINGTON - A mystery occurred a year ago in town, leaving one woman dead and her family and friends worrying it may never be solved.

Sometime in the early morning hours of June 11, 2017, Robin Davis, 38, was on her way to work at the Broadway McDonald's in Bangor when something went horribly wrong.

Someone driving on Swetts Pond Road at 3:30 a.m. discovered the Bucksport woman's car on fire and in a small stream near a school bus turnaround, just three-tenths of a mile from Route 15.

"They just found the car, like all burnt up basically," said Ronen Gonzales, a coworker of Davis.

Gonzales was at McDonald's when she failed to show for work and when police arrived.

"She was super reliable ... so it was super weird," Gonzales said.

Why Davis turned off the main road she took to her job to go up Swetts Pond Road is part of the mystery. How she died is another.
The medical examiner's office released Friday that "undetermined" is the finding on both how Davis died and the manner of her death.

That provides no closure for her family and friends. They describe Davis as a loving single mother, who was about to get married.

"She was a great mother to Sebastian, her son.," said a relative from Orland. "I don't know. She was just a sweetheart."

Her co-workers agreed.

"She was always happy, smiling, singing," said Keisha Williams, a co-worker at McDonald's.

"She was always talking about her son, Sebastian, and her fiancée. David," said Dale Woike, another co-worker. "She was happy because she was planning on getting married in another month or two."

The last year has been difficult for both.

"Tough," is how Williams described it. "She's really missed. Sebastian. I miss seeing him. He was her world."

"His grandfather, they like lived all together, passed away shortly after, so it was just one of those," Gonzales said. "I definitely think about her kids probably the most when I think about it."

Someone planted dark purple flowers at the site of the crash and added a cross with Davis' name.

"It's been rough for the family," her relative said. "Of course, we've all coped, but it's a big change and a lot of things have changed in the last year. It'd be nice to have some answers.

"Hopefully, we will but time will tell," he added later.

The case is still under investigation by the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit North. Anyone with information about this incident can 973-3700.

Nit-Noi Ricker

[email protected]

Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, ...