Saturday, 26 May 2018 20:15

Fire at an Augusta waste facility Featured

Written by 
Fire at an Augusta waste facility

Photo Courtesy: Augusta fire department.

 

AUGUSTA - A fire erupted early Saturday morning at the Hatch Hill solid waste facility in Augusta.

 

Fire officials said debris caught fire and spread over three acres. Crews had to haul in water to put out the flames.

 

It took a little more than six hours to get the fire under control, no one was hurt. 

 

Crews said they will be keeping an eye on the area because they expect it to smolder for the next few days.

 

 

Shonna Narine

Reporter
[email protected]

Shonna Narine joined the ABC7 and FOX22 team in August 2017. Originally from Long Island (although she hides her accent for TV) she's excited to see what Maine has to offer.

She graduated from Five Towns College in Dix Hills Long Island where she anchored for their TV Club, and had her own radio show called "All Access Entertainment."

She won an outstanding achievement award and graduated on the dean's list.

Prior to graduation Shonna interned at News12 Long Island.

Shonna comes from a big family. With three older sisters, her parents, and six nieces and nephews there's never a dull moment when she's around them. When she's not working she enjoys working out, dancing, spending time with her fiance, and planning her wedding! Shonna would love to hear if you have any story ideas. You can email her at [email protected].