Friday, 13 April 2018 08:36

Home catches fire while owners are volunteering

Written by 
Home catches fire while owners are volunteering

VASSALBORO - An elderly couple lost their mobile home following a fire in Vassalboro.

They were away delivering food as part of the "Meals on Wheels" program when their home caught fire.

 

It was around 10:00 a.m. Thursday when fire crews were called to the home on Bradstreet Lane in the China Lake Park.

 

No injuries were reported, but the couple lost a kitten in the fire.

 

Officials said the home is destroyed and the damage is too severe to find a cause.