Monday, 12 March 2018 16:51

Red Cross is helping Greene family following fire

Written by 
Red Cross is helping Greene family following fire

GREENE - The Red Cross is assisting a family that lost their home to a terrible fire in Greene.

Fire officials said people living in a home on Island View Drive were awakened by the sound of their smoke alarms.

 

They managed to get out safely early Sunday morning, but the home is a loss.

 

Officials said it started as a car fire in a garage beneath the home.

 

The Red Cross is now helping the occupants with food, clothing, a place to stay and other necessities.

 

Photo courtesy: Sabattus Fire Dept.