Around 8:30 p.m. firefighters were called to a home on Spring Street.
We're told a family with two small kids lives in the home, but everyone made it out safely.
The house is unlivable now but the fire chief says it can be fixed.
"Luckily we had two interior people on that first truck. They were able to get inside, use the thermal imaging camera, find the hot spot, and start opening up the ceiling there," said Dexter Fire Chief Matthew Connor. "We're lucky; training pays off, mutual aid is a godsend."
Spring Street was closed for about an hour and a half.
The Fire Marshal's Office will determine a cause, but crews found flames in between floors near a light fixture, usually indicating an electrical fire.