First responders arrived at the building on Rankin Street around 6:32 p.m.
They found heavy fire coming from the second story.
No one was inside the apartment where the fire started and crews were able to contain the fire to that unit.
Neighboring apartments had a small amount of smoke and water damage.
Seven people were displaced, including two people in the primary residence.
Central Maine Power disconnected the power to the units and most of the tenants stayed with friends or family for the night.
No one was hurt as a result of the fire.