BAR HARBOR – Residents of a Bar Harbor assisted living facility are hoping for a much quieter day today following a fire that erupted in a utility room.
Smoke began filling the Sonogee Rehabilitation and Living Center around 7:00 a.m. Wednesday.
All of the residents were ushered into another part of the building while fire fighters did their work.
Officials suspect an electrical malfunction caused the fire, which was quickly extinguished.
No one was hurt and there was no damage to the residential space.
Repairs were already underway yesterday and the residents were expected to be able to return to their homes last night.