The bill would delay the implementation of the new law until February of 2018 to give the state more time to prepare. Maine voters approved a referendum that will allow for retail shops and social clubs to sell marijuana. It would also allow people to use the drug for personal use. The proposed moratorium would give the state more time to draft regulations that sell legal pot. There's also a concern that law enforcement needs more tools to handle people who operate vehicles while under the influence of pot. The bill will be refered to the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee for consideration.
Lawmakers agree on marijuana moratorium FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
AUGUSTA - Legislative leaders have agreed on a moratorium on legalized marijuana.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Storage units in several counties burglarized
- Proposed gun law change has been rejected by Maine House
- Senior Art Festival call for artists
- 300 students receive free tuition at UMaine colleges
- DA Almy withdraws his nomination papers
- Changes in the 1930's "The New Deal" could mean big business in Old Town
- School safety renovation bill heads into work session
- Anonymous donor gives $10 million to UMaine's College of Engineering
- Governor plans to reopen Downeast Correctional Facility, sort of
- Historic Chesuncook Lake House leveled in fire
- Girl scout drive thru
- Maine science festival
- Belfast job fair to have over 60 businesses present
- Kristen Wiig reportedly in early talks for 'Wonder Woman 2' villain role
- 'American Chopper' star sued for fraud after allegedly sabotaging a TV project
- KFC runs out of gravy a week after running out of chicken
- 'Affluenza' teen, Ethan Couch, now 20, nears prison release after DUI crash that killed 4
- Facebook execs may appear on Capitol Hill to address data exploitation
- DeVos reveals plans for school safety panel, makes case for budget cuts
- China, Philippines discuss joint South China Sea projects
- Canadian drug mule says she made cocaine cruise a vacation
- Researcher captures striking Antarctic video of minke whale
- John Stossel: Pompeo, Trump and the Paris climate agreement
- Rauner, Pritzker win Illinois primaries, will square off in governor's race
- 'Punching game' fatality identified; no charges filed
- Mike Huckabee on abortion case before Supreme Court
- North Korean media say diplomacy is strength, not weakness
- Dead man’s girlfriend may face murder charge after Vegas robbery, police say
- Austin Goodwill explosion not linked to previous blasts, authorities say
- Israeli military confirms it hit Syrian nuclear site in 2007
- Police: Goodwill worker injured by artillery simulator
- Mister Rogers Movie Trailer Is Released And It Already Looks Like A Tear-Jerker
- Shawn Mendes Announces New Single 'In My Blood'
- Ellen DeGeneres Makes Olympians Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue Prove Their Not A Couple
- 'The Crown' Producers Apologize To Stars Claire Foy and Matt Smith Over Pay Disparity
- Sam Smith & More Stars Are Devastated Over Fifth Harmony's Hiatus
- The Weinstein Co. Has Filed For Bankruptcy
- Ringo Starr Receives Knighthood: 'It Means A Lot'
- Kelly Clarkson Drops Video For 'I Don't Think About You' And It Highlights Her Record Label Battle!
- Justin Timberlake Nails A Half Court Shot At Washington Wizards Practice Facility —Watch Video!
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Has Begun Filming!
- Millie Bobby Brown Makes Sweet Music With Boyfriend Jacob Sartorius
- Lea Michele Sizzles On Hot Hawaiian Vacation: See The Pics!
- 100-year-old runner, a World War II vet, sets 5 new world track records
- Aaron Hernandez struggled with being gay, ex-girlfriend says
- PGA security high ahead of Austin tournament amid bomb attacks
- Ex-baseball prospect Danry Vasquez speaks out after video allegedly shows him beating then-girlfriend: 'I've truly changed'
- Kaepernick ex-teammate says anthem protests hampering ability to find new team
- Sister Jean Schmidt, 98, sees Loyola-Chicago win first NCAA Tournament game in 33 years
- Longtime New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson dies at age 90
- Baylor University suspends 3 players following accusations of off-campus rapes
- Josh McCown signs NFL contract while waiting in line at Chick-fil-A drive-thru
- Surveillance video that reportedly shows violent incident involving former baseball prospect is released
- Owner of Greek soccer team apologizes after running onto field with holstered gun to protest goal
- Virginia, Villanova, Kansas and Xavier top seeds in NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament