WALTHAM – A family of eight is without a home this morning after their house went up in flames Monday night in Waltham.
Multiple fire departments responded on scene of Waltham road just after 10 p.m. This, after reports from the homeowners that the garage was on fire.
No one was injured.
Robert Butler, Waltham Fire Chief said “By the time I arrived on scene, the garage was fully involved, the structure was almost gone as well.”
Several other fire departments assisted Waltham fire on scene.
Officials said the fire started in the garage then spread to the home, but no word yet on what caused it.
It remains under investigation and the Red Cross is assisting the family.