MEOC Essentials of College Planning Workshops
Maine Educational Opportunity Center
Upcoming Events for Community Calendar/
Public Service Announcement
Contact Person: Karen Hadley Keim (207) 581-3704
The Maine Educational Opportunity Center will be hosting FREE workshops entitled Essentials of
College Planning for adults 19 & over at the following times and locations:
• Tri-County Career Center, 45 Oak Street, on Friday, August 10 at 9 a.m.
To register or for more information, call 1-800-281-3703, or visit us on the web at http://meoc.maine.edu.
MEOC is funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Education. The program helps qualified adults make the
transition towards a college education. MEOC, which is housed at the University of Maine, provides assistance to
adults living in Maine and helps them go to whichever college or university they choose.
All MEOC services are FREE!
* GED/SAT Preparation
* College Planning
* Career Advising
* Financial Aid Advising
* College Admissions Process
* Application Fee Waivers for Qualified Adults
Our Work in Action
MEOC successfully placed 587 Maine adults in different colleges last year.
How to Participate
The starting point for all MEOC participants is The Essentials of College Planning, a FREE interactive workshop that
outlines the four steps in the college process: admissions, financial aid, career planning, and study skills. The
workshop lasts approximately 1-2 hours. Pre-registration is required.
All workshops are subject to change. For more information or to register, call: 1-800-281-3703
In complying with letter and spirit of applicable laws and in pursuing its own goals of diversity, the University of Maine System shall not
discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, national origin,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The
University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Please contact, Director, Equal Opportunity, the University of Maine, 101 North Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469-5754, telephone (207) 581-
1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System), [email protected] with questions or concerns.
- Bangor Band's summer concert series comes to an end
- Shaw's in Bangor evacuated after false alarm
- Credit union warns of "fake money" in the Bangor area
- Lincoln man sentenced to 20 years in prison for child porn charges
- In need of pet adopters, Bangor shelter reduces fees
- Man accused in Brewer police chase facing numerous charges
- Bowdoinham man accused of threatening to shoot up college
- Canadian family members hurt in Newport crash
- Treworgy Family Orchards offers pick your own bouquets
- Child care center director seeking OK to carry gun
- Former Old Town officer pleads guilty to theft, tax charges
- Longtime county official Tom Davis dies at 81
- Hermon school to be renamed for retired educator
- City councilors approve outdoor seating permit for Bangor club
- Officials optimistic that 2018 will see more growth in tourism
- Woman found dead in car's trunk identified
- Man accused of killing sister-in-law pleads not guilty
- Brewer High student gearing up for last Ride for the Wet Nose
- Democrat who resigned after masturbation allegation may be planning political comeback: report
- Leah Vukmir projected to win Wisconsin GOP Senate primary, face Baldwin in November
- Dems nominate union leader 'Iron Stache' Randy Bryce, despite DUI arrest and child support delinquency, to replace Paul Ryan
- US, Afghan forces battle Taliban in Ghazni
- Settlement reached in state police handcuffing of black teen
- Ellison wins Minnesota attorney general Democratic primary
- Democrat Keith Ellison wins Minnesota AG primary days after abuse allegations surface
- At least 26 dead in Italian bridge collapse, shining spotlight on aging infrastructure
- NASA engine test could move US one step closer to future Mars mission
- Gorka on New Mexico compound case 'travesty'
- 'Deadliest Catch' Season 14, Episode 18 recap: crews race against terrible weather to meet deadliens
- Stunning findings on report of Catholic Church abuse: Pa. priests molested more than 1,000 children
- Hannity: Mainstream media just can't get enough of Omarosa
- The Story w/ Martha MacCallum - Tuesday, August 14
- Police: Shooting followed dispute in Walmart checkout lines
- Governor's primary results: Transgender candidate Christine Hallquist makes history in Vermont with Democratic win
- Judge may acquit women or call defense in Kim Jong Nam trial
- Bruce: Media suggestion that violence in OK is 'obscene'
- Did Priyanka Chopra Finally Show Off Her Engagement Ring From Nick Jonas? See The Stunning Sparkler!
- Scott Disick Bonds With 8-Year-Old 'Mini Me' Mason In Adorable New Video
- Michael Che and Colin Jost Are The Sexiest Emmy Hosts Of All Time In Official Portraits (EXCLUSIVE)
- Thomas Ravenel Reveals He Is Leaving 'Southern Charm': 'They Took Advantage Of Me'
- Kourtney Kardashian's Ex Gets Roasted By 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Jax Tayor In The Gym
- Ariana Grande Roasts A Fan's Manicure After They Leak Her Album Early: 'Not This Thumb'
- Orlando Bloom (Legolas) Just Reunited With Gandalf At His Play — Let The Fellowship Come Together!
- Britney Spears Gets Her Hot Bod By Doing 2 Hours Of Yoga In Her Hotel Rooms! Seriously.
- Eva Longoria Stuns Without Makeup On Post-Baby Date Night!
- Cole Sprouse's Twitter Account Shares Dangerous & Explicit Tweets In Scary Social Media Hack
- Hugh Jackman Hits Katy Perry Concert And Shows Off His Superfandom: See Their Cute Photo!
- Gigi Hadid & Zayn Look Super Loved Up In New Vacation Pic, Seemingly Confirming Their Relationship
- Maryland strength and conditioning coach resigns after football player death
- Maryland parts ways with strength and conditioning coach after football player death
- Cleveland Indians outfielder in stable condition after suffering life-threatening bacterial infection
- LeSean 'Shady' McCoy sued by ex-girlfriend following attack accusations
- New York Jets, Washington Redskins players involved in huge practice brawl
- Brooks Koepka holds off Tiger Woods, Adam Scott to win PGA Championship
- Home run king Barry Bonds has his No. 25 retired by Giants
- Putts won't drop, but Tiger Woods moves up the board at PGA anyway
- Maryland football coach DJ Durkin placed on leave after report of 'toxic culture'
- Former NFL QB Erik Kramer charged with assaulting wife
- Former Tour champion Ullrich arrested over alleged attack
- Lance Armstrong bloodied and battered after fall while cycling Colorado trail