MEOC Essentials of College Planning Workshops
Maine Educational Opportunity Center
Upcoming Events for Community Calendar/
Public Service Announcement
Contact Person: Karen Hadley Keim (207) 581-3704
The Maine Educational Opportunity Center will be hosting FREE workshops entitled
Essentials of College Planning for adults 19 & over at the following times and locations:
• Hutchinson Center, 80 Belmont Ave, on Monday, July 16 at 9 a.m.
To register or for more information, call 1-800-281-3703, or visit us on the web at
MEOC is funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Education. The program helps qualified adults make
the transition towards a college education. MEOC, which is housed at the University of Maine, provides
assistance to adults living in Maine and helps them go to whichever college or university they choose.
All MEOC services are FREE!
* GED/SAT Preparation
* College Planning
* Career Advising
* Financial Aid Advising
* College Admissions Process
* Application Fee Waivers for Qualified Adults
Our Work in Action
MEOC successfully placed 587 Maine adults in different colleges last year.
How to Participate
The starting point for all MEOC participants is The Essentials of College Planning, a FREE interactive
workshop that outlines the four steps in the college process: admissions, financial aid, career planning, and
study skills. The workshop lasts approximately 1-2 hours. Pre-registration is required.
All workshops are subject to change. For more information or to register, call: 1-800-281-3703
In complying with letter and spirit of applicable laws and in pursuing its own goals of diversity, the University of Maine System
shall not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender
expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and
all other programs and activities. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon
Please contact, Director, Equal Opportunity, the University of Maine, 101 North Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469-5754, telephone
(207) 581-1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System), [email protected] with questions or concerns.
- Friends of Acadia praised for park stewardship
- UMS hiring guide to help employers fill openings
- Crews make quick work of building fire in Brewer
- Janet Mills highlights healthcare, economic plans at event in Bangor
- Corinth man not guilty of attempted murder, arson
- Deputies arrest 5 people allegedly operating Detroit drug ring
- Milford man shoots at suspects allegedly stealing marijuana plants
- Skowhegan to vote on new public safety building
- Homeless shelter honors donors, volunteers
- Winthrop teen pleads guilty of killing parents, family dog
- Grandfather dies following Unity crash
- Waldo County Sheriff's Office warn people about 'empowerment program' scam
- Hope man arrested for alleged sexual misconduct with a minor
- USM warns all state colleges about man who exposed himself
- UMaine, Old Town police looking for suspicious man
- Request to end DACA from multiple states denied by federal judge
- Village Voice shuts down after 63 years
- Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser another extension
- Small North Carolina town latest to feel Florence's fury
- Republican wins Texas district held by Dems for 139 years
- Ole Miss faculty ask donor to remove name after racial post
- Minnesota state lawmaker ends reelection bid amid daughter's allegations of inappropriate touching
- The Latest: Faculty ask donor to remove name from school
- China cancels trade talks with US amid escalation in tariff threats
- Ford's lawyer requests extra day to decide on testifying
- What role has Rosenstein played in decision to declassify?
- Family: Man killed under Santa Monica Pier wasn't homeless
- Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford ask for another day to make decision to testify
- Stumping in Missouri, Trump says he'll clear out ‘lingering stench’ at FBI, DOJ
- California man arrested in 10 'horrific' cold-case rapes
- Alan Dershowitz: Kavanaugh accuser must speak first
- Hannity: Confirmation that Rosenstein is not to be trusted
- Trump, at Missouri campaign rally, says Democrats are 'dangerous,' 'crazy'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Kelli Giddish Is Pregnant With Baby No. 2
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Jacqueline Trumbull and Jordan Mauger Are Dating
- JoJo Siwa's Animated Series 'The JoJo & BowBow Show Show': Exclusive First look
- Travis Scott Says Baby Stormi 'Is Almost Walking' In Adorable Proud Dad Post
- Prince Harry Adorably Fixes Meghan Markle's Windblown Hair
- 'RHONJ' Season 9 Trailer Teases A Lot Of Family Drama
- Beyoncé Has An Unexpected 'Destiny's Child' Reunion!
- Sandra Bullock's Dad John W. Bullock Dies At 93 'Surrounded By Friends and Family'
- Ashley Graham Flaunts Her Curves In Sexy Black Bikini On Italian Vacation
- Meghan Markle Celebrates The Launch Of Her Cookbook With Mom Doria Ragland At Kensington Palace
- 'RHOA's' Porsha Williams Is Pregnant With Her First Child
- Olympic Swimmer Nathan Adrian Marries Hallie Ivester In Dreamy Napa Wedding: See The Photos
- Skateboarder Cory Kennedy gets 4 years in prison for fatal DUI crash
- FanDuel pays out $56,000 to New Jersey men on $75 'pricing error' bet
- Cleveland Browns rack up win, possum capture at stadium
- Tennis great Billie Jean King, partner join LA Dodgers ownership group
- Eagles wide receiver Jordan Matthews says stint in Buffalo led to baby: 'There’s nothing to do there'
- Houston Texans coach defends QB Deshaun Watson after school official's racist remark
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to donate $10M after NBA probes office environment
- Red Sox fans find division title banner in street ahead of potential clinch
- Wife of NHL great Brian Leetch, sister back in court in bar brawl case
- NFL defensive lineman claims trainer responsible for four-game PED suspension, lawsuit says
- Blind Arizona high school football player scores two touchdowns
- North and South Korea plan to bid for 2032 Summer Olympics