Devin Martin joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in December of 2018, the day after Christmas!
He is a graduate of Hofstra University where he studied broadcast journalism and American Studies. While at Hofstra, Devin was part of Award Winning and student run Radio Station, WRHU. He served as a sports and updates reporter and commentator. He gained experience covering Hofstra Athletics as a play-by-by and color commentator for Men's and Women's Lacrosse and Softball.
From Syracuse, New York, Devin is excited to get his career started in Bangor. Devin can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @DevJMartinNews2
DOVER-FOXCROFT - When it comes to walking across the stage to receive a diploma, Foxcroft Academy has had the same tradition for years to get both school colors represented.
SWAN'S ISLAND - LifeFlight has worked on becoming more accessible for people living on some of the loosely populated islands Downeast.
BANGOR- Potholes have been a consequence of this winter for drivers. Every winter season, potholes are an annoyance for drivers, but so far, this winter season has made potholes a major issue for not only drivers but the city of Bangor itself.
Potholes can cause serious damage to drivers' vehicles.
Stratham Tire Manager Ed Michaud states that "We are seeing a lot of flat tires, impact brakes, tire damage, broken wheels we see a lot of cracked wheels, broken steering and suspension, components such as springs and potholes it doesn't take to knock an alignment out of the vehicle so it can create a lot of other problems with the vehicle."
Officials warn for people try to stay out of the potholes and to get their cars serviced every 6,000 miles.
"This is the worst I've ever seen it, and its all due to the weather. We have these warm wet storms where the water seeps into the pavement and then we have the cold right afterwards and it freezes it so it pushes it back up, causes it crack more and we get another rain storm and then traffic going over it pounds the asphalt right over the whole," said Bangor Public Works Director Eric Wilett.
ORLAND- The state fire marshal identified the man who died in the house fire Monday night in Orland. Fire Officials identified the victim as 40-year-old Sam Crawford. The state fire marshal has identified the man who died in a house fire Monday night in Orland.
Crawford reportedly initially escaped the fire but he went back into the burning house to find his missing dog.
As soon as the flames went ablaze firefighters from the Orland fire department and even other fire departments such as Ellsworth fire department and even the Bucksport Fire Department sent firefighters over to put out that fire.
But by the time firefighters arrived, it might have been too late
"By the time we arrived the situation the situation of that structure is that there wouldn't be any savable life within the structure and that's a determination that we make when we arrive on a scene we get information from the occupants and then we can see it and look at the fire and look at the structure and determine whether there's any chance that anybody in there can be saved," Assistant Orland Fire Chief Julia Gray said.
Fire officials say that Crawford escaped the fire with four other people but went back into the house to search for his missing dog.
McCausland said Crawford's body was discovered in the burned out basement around 11:30 p.m on Monday.
Fire officials said the other people who escaped the fire were 26-year-old Cassandra Morse, 19-year-old Alex Chaffee, and Crawford's two daughters, 9-year-old Lillian and 5-year-old Ella.
Fire Officials urge those who are ever in a serious fire to not only get out the fire but to stay out to stay safe.
There is a GoFundMe fund-raiser to help out the family affected by the fire online.
For those who want to donate, you can go to https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-jerome-family
AUGUSTA - Rep. Amy Arata of New Gloucester is looking to ban so-called "obscene books" with a bill that would remove the exception in state law that allows public schools to use obscene material for educational purposes.
AUGUSTA - Despite some opposition from gun rights advocates, members of a legislative panel on Friday confirmed Democratic Gov. Janet Mills' nominee for public safety commissioner.
STATEWIDE - Maine's minimum wage is $11 an hour but a server's hourly wage is about half that at between $5 and $6 an hour.
BAR HARBOR - Jackson Laboratory researchers have been experimenting with mice to find out how to fight against and potentially prevent leukemia in humans.
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Bangor PD's newest K9 team hits the streets
- PCHC reports possible data breach
- Bangor police seeking leads on vandalism cases
- Census Bureau: Mailing to Fairfield resident 'legit'
- Trial for man accused in stabbing death underway
- Orrington residents approve new $2.8M public safety building
- Fire and arc flash reported at Nine Dragons Paper in Old Town
- Accused murderer of 10-year-old girl to change plea
- State forest ranger suffers serious injuries
- Police issue census scam warning
- Public safety building referendum underway
- UPDATE: No injuries in Old Town mill fire
- No daytime parking Tuesday on Columbia Street
- Andy Puzder: Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour and families will have less money. Why Dems should worry
- Orange County reached settlement that allows cops to arrest homeless people in some areas
- North Carolina man clad only in tennis shoes told deputies he took ‘date rape’ drug: police
- Feds confirm ‘Ice Bae’ is a CBP officer, is free to use social media
- Pakistan arrests US-wanted terror suspect in Mumbai attacks
- Were the Vikings smoking pot while exploring Newfoundland?
- Front porch envy: 10 affordable ideas for making the neighbors jealous
- House orders Pentagon to reveal whether it turned ticks into biological weapons
- Trump’s harsh attacks produce the debate he wants, on Socialist Democrats
- Marc Thiessen: Dems are party of illegal immigration – Say Trump isn’t above law, but illegal immigrants are
- Utah boy selling ‘ice cold beer’ appears to be a savvy marketer
- Alyssa Milano raises eyebrows after announcing which candidate's fundraiser she'll be attending
- California police officer, veteran died in his sleep at 36: police
- Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica
- Ingraham on AOC's America versus Trump's
- Virginia woman contracts flesh-eating infection, has emergency surgery after 10 minutes swimming at local beach
- Porch pirate steals medicine from heart transplant recipient's door-step: report
- Ben Shapiro: America 'less ambitious' about space travel in 50 years since Apollo 11 launch
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Italian cyclist, 17, suffers gruesome injury during crash in Belgium race
- Texas says 10-win season not enough to be 'back' in Big 12
- Lawyer sentenced to 5 years for scamming Barkley, others
- Legal sports betting begins in upstate New York
- Bezuidenhout seeks Portrush 'revenge' after beta-blocker ban
- Woods trying to get up to speed for final major of year
- New York's Yankee Stadium hit by swarm of 25,000 bees before game
- NFL stars Keenan Allen, DeMarcus Lawrence blast 'Madden' over their player rating
- Tom Brady campaigns for better 'Madden' speed rating
- Washington Redskins' Alex Smith ditches leg brace 8 months after gruesome injury
- Seattle Seahawks' Griffin brothers open up about inseparable bond that carried them to pro football
- Phil Mickelson fasts for 6 days, loses 15 pounds ahead of Open Championship