Devin Martin joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in December of 2018, the day after Christmas!
He is a graduate of Hofstra University where he studied broadcast journalism and American Studies. While at Hofstra, Devin was part of Award Winning and student run Radio Station, WRHU. He served as a sports and updates reporter and commentator. He gained experience covering Hofstra Athletics as a play-by-by and color commentator for Men's and Women's Lacrosse and Softball.
From Syracuse, New York, Devin is excited to get his career started in Bangor. Devin can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @DevJMartinNews2
ORONO - The Black Bear Inn was the site for the UMaine Cooperative Extension's wild blueberry conference Thursday.
BANGOR - With the cold and windy weather that’s been blowing through Bangor, most people are doing their best to stay indoors.
AUGUSTA - A Bar Harbor nursing home will soon close its doors for good. It's the latest in a series of facility closures across the state.
AUGUSTA - Some workers who do not receive paid sick leave decided to head to the State House to do something about it.
BUCKSPORT- Bucksport's biggest taxpayer is looking to lower the value of its power plant and potentially receive a massive tax break.
AUGUSTA - According to Representative Larry Lockman, R-Bradley, there has been too many times where a teacher has used the classroom as a bully pulpit.
AUGUSTA - Maine lawmakers and teachers are banding together to fight against food shaming in school cafeterias.
NEWPORT- Public school officials peeked at foods that might be served to students as early as next fall.
BANGOR- It's tournament time... All those basketball games bring people from all over the state to Bangor.
Tournament week is a big deal for the high school teams hoping to achieve their state title aspirations.
But the tournament isn't just a big deal for basketball teams. It's also important for businesses in Bangor and the surrounding area.
"Yeah it definitely affects our business we got a lot of business in this weekend, families coming down to see the tournaments, basketball tournaments so saw a lot of familiar faces from Aroostook County. Definitely affects the bar business a lot people trying get some food and couple good cocktails," Tanner Caron, a Bartender for Blaze.
Some business owners say tournament week changes their schedule.
"We've noticed a lot of waves throughout the morning and mid day so it seems like when the games get out a lot people come all together so we get a lot of waves," Caron said.
But there are other businesses in Bangor where owners say they are not feeling the tournament week ripples of increased business.
One business owner, Rick Vigue of Rebbeca's in Bangor, states that his store is one of those businesses.
"I don't think we've really seen an increase in business because of the tournaments, I know down by the auditorium its incredibly busy. As far as retail goes I don't think its made a big impact on us. I think people come for the day, go home, stop at a restaurant and leave Bangor," Vigue says.
Business owners say one thing has changed. They say not as many people stay overnight and stay and shop in the retail businesses as they did in years past.
"We used to gear up particularly the county people they were great customers coming in during the tournaments. Now I think they come and go to the games, not so much for shopping," Vigue says.
- Three in custody after lengthy standoff
- Guilford inn destroyed in fire
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Trump says Squad member Ilhan Omar 'lucky to be where she is'
- Lara Trump lashes out after CNN host accuses her of 'lying' about rally crowd's ‘Send her back!’ chant
- Drug companies shipped thousands of pain pill orders it should have halted, documents say
- Warren compares herself, 'green manufacturing plan' to JFK and Apollo mission
- Florida woman accused of aggravated assault after being refused pizza slice
- Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration if Trump attends
- AOC says Trump 'relished' rally chant about Omar, doesn't want to be president anymore
- Missing Minnesota toddler found cruising on toy tractor at county fair
- Pompeo says ‘no indications’ that Iran is changing its ‘malign behavior’
- Newly discovered shark species squirts glowing clouds from pockets
- Border agents use tear gas to stop nearly 50 undocumented migrants who stormed Rio Grande bridge
- 'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland responds to Instagram troll who criticized engagement ring videos
- Apollo 11: Original Moon landing recordings bought for $217 in 1976 sold at auction for $1.82M
- Hungary backs Trump on asylum crackdown as it touts its own border success
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in Maine water district samples, state CDC says
- On Apollo 11 anniversary, Pence announces that Orion capsule for manned Moon missions is ready for debut flight
- Mike Pence: We’re heading back to the moon and then on to Mars
- Dan Gainor: Media convict of Trump of racism and moon program of sexism
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Manny Pacquiao beats Keith Thurman by split decision following first-round knockdown
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff