Devin Martin joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in December of 2018, the day after Christmas!
He is a graduate of Hofstra University where he studied broadcast journalism and American Studies. While at Hofstra, Devin was part of Award Winning and student run Radio Station, WRHU. He served as a sports and updates reporter and commentator. He gained experience covering Hofstra Athletics as a play-by-by and color commentator for Men's and Women's Lacrosse and Softball.
From Syracuse, New York, Devin is excited to get his career started in Bangor. Devin can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @DevJMartinNews2
Millinocket- We have an update on a young boy named Ashton in need of a kidney transplant.
After many ups and downs, Ashton and his family has great news for his future.
On the outside Ashton looks and acts like a healthy little four year old boy full of energy.
But on the inside, it hasn’t exactly been the case as he was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease when he was 10 months old.
Since then Danielle Lozier, Ashton’s mom, has been trying to get him a new kidney.
“"But up until now we've been unsuccessful, he was due to actually to have a transplant in January 2018, but at the last minute that person ended up not being a match so we had to cancel the surgery 10 days before, that was a huge disappointment for us for sure," Lozier said.
Danielle hoped to get the new kidney for Ashton before they began dialysis but the latest setback pushing back their desired timetable.
For eight hours a day, Ashton has to be hooked up to the machine for it to act like a kidney for him and clean out all of the toxins in his little body.
That unfortunate rejection created a little doubt for Ashton's chances of getting a new kidney soon.
"Obviously that affected me as well because I still worry that oh maybe he won't get this kidney. I try not to think like that but its always in the back of my mind that something can happen that maybe it won't happen but we're hoping for the best," Lozier said.
And their patience and resilience has paid off as another potential donor popped up recently and this time it is confirmed that kidney donor is a match.
“I hung up the phone and I grabbed Ashton and we started spinning around in circles I was screaming it was so exciting so exciting but it just incredible that someone is willing to donate their own kidney to give Ashton the life he deserves to have,” Lozier said.
The surgery is scheduled for May of this year.
DOVER-FOXCROFT - When it comes to walking across the stage to receive a diploma, Foxcroft Academy has had the same tradition for years to get both school colors represented.
SWAN'S ISLAND - LifeFlight has worked on becoming more accessible for people living on some of the loosely populated islands Downeast.
BANGOR- Potholes have been a consequence of this winter for drivers. Every winter season, potholes are an annoyance for drivers, but so far, this winter season has made potholes a major issue for not only drivers but the city of Bangor itself.
Potholes can cause serious damage to drivers' vehicles.
Stratham Tire Manager Ed Michaud states that "We are seeing a lot of flat tires, impact brakes, tire damage, broken wheels we see a lot of cracked wheels, broken steering and suspension, components such as springs and potholes it doesn't take to knock an alignment out of the vehicle so it can create a lot of other problems with the vehicle."
Officials warn for people try to stay out of the potholes and to get their cars serviced every 6,000 miles.
"This is the worst I've ever seen it, and its all due to the weather. We have these warm wet storms where the water seeps into the pavement and then we have the cold right afterwards and it freezes it so it pushes it back up, causes it crack more and we get another rain storm and then traffic going over it pounds the asphalt right over the whole," said Bangor Public Works Director Eric Wilett.
ORLAND- The state fire marshal identified the man who died in the house fire Monday night in Orland. Fire Officials identified the victim as 40-year-old Sam Crawford. The state fire marshal has identified the man who died in a house fire Monday night in Orland.
Crawford reportedly initially escaped the fire but he went back into the burning house to find his missing dog.
As soon as the flames went ablaze firefighters from the Orland fire department and even other fire departments such as Ellsworth fire department and even the Bucksport Fire Department sent firefighters over to put out that fire.
But by the time firefighters arrived, it might have been too late
"By the time we arrived the situation the situation of that structure is that there wouldn't be any savable life within the structure and that's a determination that we make when we arrive on a scene we get information from the occupants and then we can see it and look at the fire and look at the structure and determine whether there's any chance that anybody in there can be saved," Assistant Orland Fire Chief Julia Gray said.
Fire officials say that Crawford escaped the fire with four other people but went back into the house to search for his missing dog.
McCausland said Crawford's body was discovered in the burned out basement around 11:30 p.m on Monday.
Fire officials said the other people who escaped the fire were 26-year-old Cassandra Morse, 19-year-old Alex Chaffee, and Crawford's two daughters, 9-year-old Lillian and 5-year-old Ella.
Fire Officials urge those who are ever in a serious fire to not only get out the fire but to stay out to stay safe.
There is a GoFundMe fund-raiser to help out the family affected by the fire online.
For those who want to donate, you can go to https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-jerome-family
AUGUSTA - Rep. Amy Arata of New Gloucester is looking to ban so-called "obscene books" with a bill that would remove the exception in state law that allows public schools to use obscene material for educational purposes.
AUGUSTA - Despite some opposition from gun rights advocates, members of a legislative panel on Friday confirmed Democratic Gov. Janet Mills' nominee for public safety commissioner.
STATEWIDE - Maine's minimum wage is $11 an hour but a server's hourly wage is about half that at between $5 and $6 an hour.
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Man pleads guilty to meth lab charge
- Bangor's Winterfest set for Saturday
- AARP Maine hosting On Tap events for seniors
- Missing Delaware woman found after crash
- Everything is free at The Storehouse
- Mistrial declared in man's murder trial
- Graduation gown flap at Foxcroft Academy
- Jurors could see pay increase
- Police officer leaves pregnant waitress $100 tip along with 'lovely message' written on check
- German lawmaker wants to ban smartphones for kids under the age of 14
- Trump warns ISIS fighters may be released if European allies don't take them back
- Aurora shooting victim's heartbreaking text to his wife during rampage
- White House: We have strong legal ground for a national emergency at the border
- Vatican: US prelate accused of abuse not at high court
- Report: 58-year-old Joanna Smith gets a new tongue made from a vein and pieces of her arm
- UK-based man charged with inciting attack in Germany
- Pope Francis lifts suspension on Nicaraguan priest, poet
- Did the media fairly report the Jussie Smollett investigation?
- North Macedonia police report breaking up firearms ring
- Politicians who jumped on Jussie Smollett attack claim in awkward spot
- California man faces hate crime charges after punching 7-Eleven clerk, saying he 'hated Muslims'
- Chicago police no longer considering Jussie Smollett the victim of a hate crime
- Trump may veto legislation that blocks national emergency declaration
- WWE star Paige talks 'Fighting with my Family,' becoming the next Dwayne Johnson
- Dog reunited with owner after 8-month, 175-mile journey
- Brazil's #metoo moment: Spiritual guru accused of sex abuse
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel
- Oklahoma City's Diallo leaps over Shaq to win dunk contest