John Wagoner joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 sports team in September 2018.
He is a graduate of the University of South Carolina, where he gained experience in multiple newsrooms across the Carolinas, as well as working with ESPN U and CBS Sports. John was a member of Student Gamecock Television in his time at South Carolina, where he did everything from sketch comedy to producing their sports show, Capital City Sports.
John loves all sports from curling to cricket, and although he’s never lived north of the Mason-Dixon Line, he’s excited to get to know the sports landscape of eastern Maine!
You can get in touch with him at [email protected] or on Twitter @jwagonersports.
BANGOR - Flag football has been offered by the Special Olympics in Maine for three years, but it's now starting to gain popularity among athletes.
OLD TOWN - Head coach Chris Thurlow said the yearly golf scramble accounts for around 80% of their yearly boosters budget.
HAMPDEN - Twenty of the best twirlers from South Paris to Bangor are preparing for their biggest meet of the year, and some of the hardest competition they have faced.
BANGOR - The teams from Hermon, Hampden and Ellsworth will compete against some of the best in Vermont high school basketball teams.
ORONO - The last time Taylor Schildroth was on the court in an official capacity in Maine, he was winning a state championship with George Stevens, but it's been a long year since then.
QUERETARO, MEXICO - Steelman, an Orono graduate, finished third in the same race at the NCAA national championships.
HERMON - Joe Nelson stepped away from his spot on the bench in Red Barry Gym as head coach back in May, and soon after a familiar face took his place.
BREWER - The money was combined from entry fees for the tournament, a bottle drive, and additional money raised by participants.
- Wednesday will be a beautiful day to see Bangor from high atop the Thomas Hill Standpipe
- PCHC receives grant money for overdose-reversing medication
- Another record year for the Maine Lottery
- Skowhegan man sentenced for possessing child porn
- New York City man charged after Verona Island drug bust
- Lagrange father, son arrested on drug charges
- Search on for missing Knox County man
- County woman arrested twice in a week on drug charges
- Bangor officials pave way for recreational pot shops
- Bangor officials getting ready for changes to trash handling
- Longtime Bangor councilor resigns
- Humane agents seize 80 animals in need of 'urgent' care
- Detour set for Thomas Hill Standpipe tours
- Brewer man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police identify woman pinned by vehicle
- Merchants Plaza closed to traffic, parking
- Road work affecting Hammond Street
- Sheriff's deputies investigating fatal Eddington incident
- Orrington standoff suspects appear in court
- Maine Game Warden charged after alleged Bangor assault
- Environmental protesters glue themselves to tunnels under Capitol
- Doug Schoen: Mueller testimony won’t lead to Trump’s impeachment
- Georgia police dog shot and killed by deputy during pursuit, sheriff says
- DOJ opens sweeping antitrust review of big tech giants, saying they may work against consumers
- Brooklyn man accused of immigration fraud, submitting hundreds of faked applications: DOJ
- Prince Harry dances with Dr. Jane Goodall at Windsor Castle
- New York City police union urges tougher punishments for harassers after viral videos surface
- Von Spakovsky and Stimson: Crisis in immigration courts demands urgent action – here’s what to do
- Houston day care bus driver charged over death of 3-year-old in 113-degree vehicle
- Most Americans say low trust in federal government makes it difficult to solve problems
- McCain clashes with Beto over 'extreme' comparison between Nuremberg and Trump rally
- Russia confirms joint air patrol with China after South Korea claims airspace violation
- Hebrew inscriptions exposed for the first time since historic synagogue was destroyed in the Holocaust
- PolitiFact stands by AOC 'parking lot' fact-check after online mockery
- Charlotte lawmakers float backing out of hosting Republican convention
- 9/11 victims' fund bill passes Senate, ending months of doubts for 'ecstatic' first responders
- Giant panda electrocuted at Scottish zoo as horrified families watch
- Surveillance footage offers more clues in Savannah Spurlock case
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ex-Mets, Yankees pitcher Dwight Gooden arrested for second time in six weeks, says he'll enter rehab
- Cleveland Indians’ Lindor calls on MLB to extend protective netting after his foul ball hospitalizes toddler
- Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev, 28, dead after suffering brain injuries in first loss, reports say
- Women’s soccer champ Rose Lavelle meets Rose Lavelle: 'Hopefully everyone will forget about old Rose Lavelle'
- Soccer superstar Lionel Messi stuns English boy, 11, play pickup game during beach vacation
- Zion Williamson is latest to drop off Team USA roster, amid minor injury, conditioning concerns
- Spurs great Tim Duncan returns to team as assistant coach under Popovich
- Cowboys, Yankees tops as Forbes releases list of most valuable sports franchises
- Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won't face criminal charges over rape claims, prosecutors say
- Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter
- Shaquille O’Neal gets rowdy in mosh pit at Tomorrowland music festival
- Michigan's Harbaugh comes up with new idea after taking fire for saying players could lie about mental health