Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - While there's been a lot of attention on question one of Maine's ballot measures, voters still have four other referendum questions to consider. The four bond issues could improve the quality of education, transportation and water across the state.
BANGOR - The Eastern Maine Walk to End Alzheimer's returned to the Bangor Waterfront this morning. The event raises awareness and money for the disease.
BAR HARBOR - Acadia National Park offers some of the most beautiful views in New England. Maintaining the historic vistas can be a big undertaking, and leaves behind a lot of excess wood.
"Everywhere you ride on a carriage road and traditionally you would have a view out to the ocean but the trees have grown up," said Acadia National Park Public Affairs Specialist Christie Anastasia. "We go in there and systematically cut them down and that's why we have a little bit more wood than we normally would need at this point."
The park is offering 25-dollar permits for people to come and collect as much as two cords of wood, but there is one condition.
"Right now you have to be within a 50-mile driving radius of Otter Creek to be eligible for the wood," said Anastasia.
To reserve a spot, customers must call (207) 288-8791 between Saturday Cctober 20 and Friday the 26. Around 15 people will be given the chance to collect the wood. All others who call will be put on a waiting list.
"We totally expect some people are going to come collect the wood, dry it out, split it, repackage it and resell it as firewood to visitors," said Anastasia.
Park officials hope to get rid of all the wood by November 2. If selected, a ranger will contact you to schedule a time to pay for and collect the wood.
ELLSWORTH - In an effort to reduce plastic pollution, Ellsworth's Green Action Team has developed a draft ordinance that would ban all single-use plastic bags. On Thursday morning, community members and officials gathered at Ellsworth City Hall to talk about the issue.
BANGOR - A thrilling new fundraiser had people rappelling down the side of the Cross Insurance Center on Wednesday. The event aims to raise awareness for substance use disorder.
ELLSWORTH - Vacancies in the state's nursing workforce continue to grow, and the University of Maine System is taking steps to bring nursing education to the regions that need it most.
CHELSEA - In times of war, a stand down meant that exhausted soldiers could be removed from the battlefields to a place of safety. On Saturday that term was applied in a different, but equally helpful way.
BUCKSPORT - A once-forgotten cemetery sits near the Wastewater Treatment Facility in Bucksport. For years, the site was thought to be the resting place of Jeremiah Wardwell, the owner of an old tavern and inn during the 1800s. After some research, a new discovery was made.
BANGOR - Since 2011, GrowSmart Maine has taken its summit all throughout the state. The nonprofit's purpose is to grow and develop Maine without sacrificing the state's quality.
HERMON - Lewis "Billy" Hogan Jr. went missing 46 years ago while flying a yellow Citabria airplane from Connecticut to Houlton. During that time, Jerome Hogan has made it his mission to find the airplane and his brother.
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- 'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland responds to Instagram troll who criticized engagement ring videos
- Apollo 11: Original Moon landing recordings bought for $217 in 1976 sold at auction for $1.82M
- Hungary backs Trump on asylum crackdown as it touts its own border success
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in Maine water district samples, state CDC says
- On Apollo 11 anniversary, Pence announces that Orion capsule for manned Moon missions is ready for debut flight
- Mike Pence: We’re heading back to the moon and then on to Mars
- Dan Gainor: Media convict of Trump of racism and moon program of sexism
- #Behonest: Canada airport kiosk relies on the honesty of customers
- South Dakota woman survives freak lawn mower accident that left her neck sliced open
- Rare albino porcupine spotted at Maine museum
- NASA chief: Future Artemis Moon missions will build on Apollo 11’s incredible legacy
- Heatwave across US could see feels-like temps reach triple digits this weekend, NWS warns
- Vatican begins examination of bones found in cemetery in a bid to solve mysterious disappearance of girl
- Ohio pharmaceutical distributor accused of flooding Appalachia with opioids
- Trump offers to 'vouch' for A$AP Rocky in call with Swedish PM
- Arizona Dem Kyrsten Sinema joins GOP in push for program that would quickly deport migrants without valid asylum claims
- Puerto Rico's governor goes AWOL as protesters gather outside his residence, US officials call to step down
- Britain warns of 'serious consequences' if Iran doesn't release seized tanker as regime insists it was 'reciprocal' move
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports