Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
MILLINOCKET - Two women who were reported missing Monday afternoon in Millinocket have been found. Game wardens spotted the two in a car Tuesday morning stuck near the Caucomgomoc Lake region.
BANGOR - With the rain moving out of our area and the sun shining, it was a great day to spend outside. Many people gathered at the Bangor waterfront Sunday for the annual Erin's Run.
BANGOR - Last week, more than a dozen homeless people living in a campsite on Bangor city property were asked to move. Today crews cleared the areas and officials offered help.
ORONO - Nearly a quarter of all Maine residents in the University of Maine System are going to school for free this spring semester. That's according to an announcement Tuesday by UMaine chancellor James Page and the Presidents of Maine's public universities.
BANGOR - According to the American Transplant Foundation, on average 20 people a day die in the US from a lack of available organs for transplant.
Healthy ME - Emily Doody is the Emergency Department and Critical Care Services Administrative Assistant at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. She joined our morning team to discuss common misconceptions associated with organ, eye and tissue donations.
BANGOR - On Tuesday morning, members of an advisory committee for the Penobscot County Jail sat in front of county commissioners for a second time. They again recommended building a new jail.
Healthy ME - Sohonnel Thompson is the nurse manager at the Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center Intensive Care Unit. Wednesday morning she joined our morning team to kick off National Donate Life Month.
HAMPDEN - A Hampden road project could cause major traffic delays for local drivers, but according to Hampden's town manager, it'll be well worth it.
ORONO - The Universities of Maine in Orono and Machias officially passed the torch to its newest president during Friday morning's inauguration ceremony. Students, staff and honorable guests were at the Collins Center for the Arts to welcome President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
- Three in custody after lengthy standoff
- Guilford inn destroyed in fire
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Richard Pryor’s daughter, Rain Pryor, to run for council seat in Baltimore: report
- Actor from ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’ sequel is stabbed onstage in China: report
- Trump says Squad member Ilhan Omar 'lucky to be where she is'
- Lara Trump lashes out after CNN host accuses her of 'lying' about rally crowd's ‘Send her back!’ chant
- Drug companies shipped thousands of pain pill orders it should have halted, documents say
- Warren compares herself, 'green manufacturing plan' to JFK and Apollo mission
- Florida woman accused of aggravated assault after being refused pizza slice
- Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration if Trump attends
- AOC says Trump 'relished' rally chant about Omar, doesn't want to be president anymore
- Missing Minnesota toddler found cruising on toy tractor at county fair
- Pompeo says ‘no indications’ that Iran is changing its ‘malign behavior’
- Newly discovered shark species squirts glowing clouds from pockets
- Border agents use tear gas to stop nearly 50 undocumented migrants who stormed Rio Grande bridge
- 'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland responds to Instagram troll who criticized engagement ring videos
- Apollo 11: Original Moon landing recordings bought for $217 in 1976 sold at auction for $1.82M
- Hungary backs Trump on asylum crackdown as it touts its own border success
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in Maine water district samples, state CDC says
- On Apollo 11 anniversary, Pence announces that Orion capsule for manned Moon missions is ready for debut flight
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Manny Pacquiao beats Keith Thurman by split decision following first-round knockdown
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff